test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Broken images everywhere?

sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
I've been noticing broken images everywhere and especially on the blogs. Even the "Edit your Avatar" image is broken. Hell, the launcher is even broken. Is this just me? I've checked Chrome and Firefox to see the same results there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It is not just you, who knows what the hamsters are doing with em...
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I used to have to clear my cache every other day to get STO (website and blogs) images to appear.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yea, I have to actually hand it to the web people, they actually tamed the site finally after the transition to PW's web infrastructure to actually show me whats on a page in chrome. I personally havent had this issue in ages, but i used to have broken images all over the site all the time.
  • dlighted12dlighted12 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Also getting broken images. From the launcher and the Arc website.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It started up yesterday. Not sure about anyone else, but I had tons of trouble even getting the forums to load. I kept getting errors all over the place. After that the forums did load, but all the images were broken.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It isn't just on the STO site, its also on the other Arc games sites. Images suddenly aren't loading. 404 on thier sources.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    It started up yesterday. Not sure about anyone else, but I had tons of trouble even getting the forums to load. I kept getting errors all over the place. After that the forums did load, but all the images were broken.

Yup, since yesterday I've also been seeing alot of broken images and database error messages. Clearing cashe and repairing connection didn't help. It got so bad I had to abandon the forums.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • erasmuskravenerasmuskraven Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I now have 0 images displaying on the main page or the articles.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, seems to be all newer images hosted on perfectworlds image address, images-cdn.perfectworld.com/blahblahsomething...
    Scrolling down on the Media page http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/media
    screenshots from around 15Aug and newer are missing, but funny enough 13 Aug and older are still there.

Did someone delete a bunch of image files on your servers?
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    Same here.

Started yesterday, had trouble even loading pages, and now I see broken images.

Happening on more than one of my computers, too... and, of course, it's the only site I'm visiting on the internets with issues. :confused:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    the login issues i got yesterday were solved when i loaded up my own avatar image oddly enough, but the avatar.php failed to respond yesterday same with complete forum load up. when i had tried responding to a comment it logged me out and kicked me to the login screen. the avatar.php seemed to be linked to that, but no proof of it. anyways, yeah, thats where i was having this issue. but that was yesterday. it seems to be solved for me at least.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I had this same issue yesterday. Seems fine now, but I thought it was just me.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.