test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crafting Interface - Crash to Desktop

mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Crafting interface is causing a crash to desktop under specific scenario as follows. No Cryptic Error Tracker is being received on crash which is closing the programme. To replicate do the following:

Select an item to craft, select the required mark of item and press confirm (e.g. Engineering -> Item - Ground Armour, and select begin, then Item Type - Physical Augmentation Armour - Mark 10 and confirm).

Next click change under the icon for item type and select a different item type to above (e.g. select Pollyalloy Weave) DO NOT press confirm.

Note that the sub-component required for the original items are still displayed in the cost box of the window. Now click one of these as if to attempt to generate one of these components. The game will at this point crash to desktop without an error tracker being generated.

I've tried this with several different engineering items and presume it applies to different schools as well although I haven't tried it in different schools.

Bug Report Ticket ID #2,772,990.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aoinmerekaoinmerek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am getting this issue as well and so is my husband.

We both have 2 accounts and it happens on both accounts at exactly the same point as explained by mattaukett's post above.

Hope someone see's our posts on this matter as it is very frustrating when we want to use the Research & Development facility.

Thanks
  • turbionturbion Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I ran into the same problem as well.
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Looks like the issue is fixed on the latest tribble build. Gives some messages about untranslatable data and won't let you start the item until pressing confirm, but doesn't seem to be causing the hard crash anymore so looks like the worst of the problem (i.e. the crash to desktop is fixed) with just a couple of relatively minor display glitches needing cleared up.