test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will delta rising have a nimbus type planet?

krovankrovan Member Posts: 86 Arc User
I've just worked my way through the Nimbus wasteland chain and It was so different and refreshing compared to the rest of the missions.

Seeing other people running around with their crews, the plotline leading to the showdown with captain fang, the nightclub..it was all a good progressive story told on one planet. I'd love to see more missions that use the same concepts, the level design and environments were excellent.

Whatever team members put that storyline together and designed it have talent.

I know later there's the dyson sphere, but i found that confusing and closed in compared to the open feel of nimbus
http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
Post edited by krovan on

Comments

• captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you know, another nimbus would be awsome, one of my fav planets to visit
    nerf.jpg]
  • strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Kobali Prime is the next Nimbus like content.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is.

The Kobali homeworld is an open mission area sprinkled with some instanced missions.

I think it's a level 55 area or so.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I actually dislike Nimbus...but probably because when played on my Romulan you have a long stretch of almost entirely ground combat. Feds and KDF dont have it as bad though. With no double xp going on you start doing the Tal Shiar brainwashing quests at 18-19 where Tovan wont shut up. I think it isnt actually Tovan on a comm link talking to you, its more like the good/bad angel talking to you on your shoulders...except the good angel takes on the form of Tovan. Then at 19 you do temporal ambassador, then you do mostly ground stuff on Nimbus. I think you finish up there around 26-28? I hate it because you get a new ship at 20 but you barely get to use it.

I like the idea of a shared adventure zone where everyone is running around with their boff teams. But it was just a little too drawn out.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can head to Kobali Prime once hitting 53, and there's levels of content and missions on the map all the way up to 60.
  • krovankrovan Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Kobali prime sounds interesting, I think I just liked the personality of Nimbus, especially as a romulan, you get to that point in the story and you've got the same officers for a bit, geared out and some new duds, I don't hate Tovan as much as others, I kind of enjoyed the additions of Boffs with back stories that you did missions to aquire.

The planet had some memorable characters, the borg bar owner, crazy horrace at the gate, law, the orion leader.. I think the planet just had a well executed cast of miscreants that brought it to life.
    http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
  • bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    you know, another nimbus would be awsome, one of my fav planets to visit

Mine too, at least in the past. But once you walked around the 2 inches this map has to offer, there is nothing more there to explore.

This is like everything, zones like Nimbus that could be really used to do some exciting missions, are abandoned since ages ago. There are really beautiful places around in the game that could be used for the same purpose, but for really unexpected reasons arent. And this is one of the few things cryptic should do to improve the game, but they wont, because it wont generate profits. (it will make players happy, but that is not a priority for cryptic, not even a motivation).

And this is one of the reasons i keep playing but everyday with less motivation. I see how cryptic releases content all the time, but they abandon everything else.

So, NO. I dont want another wasted map that will be obsolete and abandoned in 3 months. Sorry but i need to say no to this. Im really tired of seeing great mission-capable zones around the game and totally wasted.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I thought it was a great place for that story series. It would be nice if they did another similar in Delta Rising. Not a desert but other type. I really had fun on Nimbus. Great place for RPing as well.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • lmaoboatslmaoboats Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stonewbie wrote: »
    I actually dislike Nimbus...but probably because when played on my Romulan you have a long stretch of almost entirely ground combat. Feds and KDF dont have it as bad though. With no double xp going on you start doing the Tal Shiar brainwashing quests at 18-19 where Tovan wont shut up. I think it isnt actually Tovan on a comm link talking to you, its more like the good/bad angel talking to you on your shoulders...except the good angel takes on the form of Tovan. Then at 19 you do temporal ambassador, then you do mostly ground stuff on Nimbus. I think you finish up there around 26-28? I hate it because you get a new ship at 20 but you barely get to use it.

I like the idea of a shared adventure zone where everyone is running around with their boff teams. But it was just a little too drawn out.

Ugh, that nightclub part was like the gaming equivalent of passing a kidney stone.
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Glad to hear there will be another Nimbus-like zone. I really liked the length of missions and story content on Nimbus. The Dyson sphere missions were just too long or short. I don't want to play a mission for 2+ hours :P.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lmaoboats wrote: »
    Ugh, that nightclub part was like the gaming equivalent of passing a kidney stone.

Are you kidding? That was like the highlight for many out there! :D

The place goes berzerk and you get to shoot everything up like in an action movie! You get to shoot the male dancer, which is who I make a beeline for to specifically be the one that kills him :cool:

I actually liked Nimbus, though it could have been done a bit better. It is the only zone in all of STO that felt like an MMORPG.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    krovan wrote: »
    I've just worked my way through the Nimbus wasteland chain and It was so different and refreshing compared to the rest of the missions.

Seeing other people running around with their crews, the plotline leading to the showdown with captain fang, the nightclub..it was all a good progressive story told on one planet. I'd love to see more missions that use the same concepts, the level design and environments were excellent.

Whatever team members put that storyline together and designed it have talent.

I know later there's the dyson sphere, but i found that confusing and closed in compared to the open feel of nimbus

"Nimbus Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
    ―Obi-Wan Schpokobi, to Lukewarm Skyyvodker

Thaaaaattt's right. Real funny. Laugh it up Fuzzball. (Another quote...but by who? And...did I paraphrase? Use the Fork, Spoon!)
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lmaoboats wrote: »

Huh? The FIRST thing I thought when I entered it was "I wish I could beam this entire place up and replace the interior of my Orion ship with it."
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I cannot leave the nightclub until I have killed every possible being there. OCD with it, even with my feds.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    As others have mentioned, Kobali Prime is the new Delta Rising Adventure Zone. (what we call big, open maps like Nimbus/New Romulus)
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    As others have mentioned, Kobali Prime is the new Delta Rising Adventure Zone. (what we call big, open maps like Nimbus/New Romulus)

How many BOffs may we take with us?
  • chrishellmax2363chrishellmax2363 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok now for all of us that are ocd , rinse repeate nimbus times 5 - meaning all new chars have to be tortured there.

I have yet to take my ferengi engineer through there. But due to her older siblings, her tech would be way better than the first science person running through that map. Really bad knowing that she could have done so much better had i just known what to do.

As for open worlds. You guys conveniently forget new romulas. Being that as it may, i would have loved more of the worlds to be open ended like that. Its cool fighting alongside others.

Isnt the borg invested deferi zone also and open world type place, but smaller?

Really folks. Most humans strive on some needs of connectedness and social energy (mention all social media) .. so take that as a hint and build around that.
    Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »

Good. I'd really like to see more areas done like these zones. STO is very instance and zone heavy in design. I understand why it's designed that way but it disrupts the sense of us players all being part of 1 world. Nimbus was the only place like a traditional MMORPG, and it would be great to see more of that style. Hopefully with more refinements and additions that you guys have figured out since doing LOR/Nimbus and now DR.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • maskedmarvel1maskedmarvel1 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Law ... Gorn ... close up of Law , close up of Gorn , Laws face ... Gorns face .. hah it was a blast , I was waiting for clint and lee van cleef to come sauntering around the corner and a ticking watch and some morricone music , N imbus was different,