test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Only because I couldn't find an answer anywhere else...

elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 37 Arc User
What level does the Foundry unlock? I Googled it, looked on the offical site, the wiki and some others. Can't find the answer.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The foundry unlocks when you buy a subscription. I don't believe theres a lvl requirement, but I was at 50 when I bought my sub and it unlocked.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do you mean what level you can play foundry missions, or what level you can create foundry missions? If play, I'm not sure. If create, as others have said, you need to be a gold member.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't think you do, I know I have foundry slots, you could buy them for 10k Dil, I did just to have a look at it. No idea on level requirement mind.
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was asking for someone else. I'm a lifer for some time and I had no idea.

What level can you edit/create them was someone's question.
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As said, you dont have to be a lifer, but you do need to spend 10k dilithium to unlock 4 mission slots.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    grylak wrote: »
    As said, you dont have to be a lifer, but you do need to spend 10k dilithium to unlock 4 mission slots.

Unless things changed you get 4 slots by default with your sub, and can buy more if needed.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the replies everyone. There's no way to access the foundry before getting a subscription then?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the replies everyone. There's no way to access the foundry before getting a subscription then?

If you're talking playing a Foundry mission - you just click on the Foundry tab, pick a mission and accept it.

If you're talking creating/editing a mission you want to publish for others to play - you just need to buy slots with refined Dilithium OR subscribe and get 4 slots.

BUT - a subscription ISN'T required for Foundry access.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    From the gold/silver perk matrix link:

Foundry Creator Access
    Foundry Creator Access - Silver = The Foundry can be unlocked with purchase of Foundry Project Slots.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok, good to hear. I can get 10k Dilithium I think then. Already over 3k from a foundry mission I played earlier. Thanks everyone for responding and to Cymerian for posting the thread for me.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I think you can. I think it unlocks around the same time as Doffs

the thing that is limited is access to tribble

it shows as unlockable here

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3026713
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You have to buy the slots. You DO NOT have to have a sub. I am a silver player and I have a few missions in the works. You just have to buy the slots with zen.
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)