test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you need RD experience

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
Well tittle said it allready do you need RD experience to upgrade your stuff because everything stays red I can't upgrade anything but I also can't transfer it to my char who does have RD experience ..... Thats cryptic they give you stuff without a how to manual....

If anyone can help in this matter please do...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmmmm..... I think there will be other ways to get upgrade kits around DR, maybe future lockboxes or PVE queues.... I'm getting mines off the Exchange right now, prices aren't, TOO bad IMO.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't use RD, so for me no. Too get what I need off the Rep System, Exchange or from Elite PVE drops have some neat stuff along with Elite Fleet PVE too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    From what's been said I think you have to have level 5 in its relevant school to upgrade an item, then level 15 to use the "superior" upgrades (not entirely sure what they are called, as soon as I saw it cost dilithium I lost interest).
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Well tittle said it allready do you need RD experience to upgrade your stuff because everything stays red I can't upgrade anything but I also can't transfer it to my char who does have RD experience ..... Thats cryptic they give you stuff without a how to manual....

If anyone can help in this matter please do...

No you don't need R&D exp to upgrade your gear, but you do need R&D exp to make the upgrade kits. You can't upgrade gear w/o the upgrade kits. You can buy the upgrade kits off the exchange but you will need a good chunk of ec to get enough upgrade kits to do all your gear. It takea multiple upgrade kits to do 1 piece of gear, and just over 1k dil for the superior upgrade kits each time they are applied. Each type of gear requires a different amount of upgrade kits. The superior upgrade kits are the best to use, you get more experience points toward the upgrade, 12,600 i think vs improved upgrade kits 5,000 exp. The improved upgrade kits take around 900 dil each time they are applied, so superior is the best way to go.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You don't need R&D experience to use the upgrades. However you will need Dil to get the project started. I have used them on those other characters that don't have R&D. I just create my own upgrades and mail it to my other characters. Then just apply it. As long they have Dil to use. I have upgraded several items so far like this.

Making your own is lot cheaper than buying from the Exchange. And not helping the greedy players.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    farmallm wrote: »
    You don't need R&D experience to use the upgrades. However you will need Dil to get the project started. I have used them on those other characters that don't have R&D. I just create my own upgrades and mail it to my other characters. Then just apply it. As long they have Dil to use. I have upgraded several items so far like this.

Making your own is lot cheaper than buying from the Exchange. And not helping the greedy players.

Thanks i forgot to mention in my post that u can transfer the upgrade kits u make from toon with the R&D exp to you other toons with either the mail system or account bank if u have one.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    farmallm wrote: »
    And not helping the greedy players.

Greedy? Hey I'm just helping those with the EC (but not research exp) to help themselves. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Greedy? Hey I'm just helping those with the EC (but not research exp) to help themselves. :P
    Well, basic can be bought from a vendor for a lower cost than you could get them on exchange last I checked.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No you don't need R&D exp to upgrade your gear, but you do need R&D exp to make the upgrade kits. You can't upgrade gear w/o the upgrade kits. You can buy the upgrade kits off the exchange but you will need a good chunk of ec to get enough upgrade kits to do all your gear. It takea multiple upgrade kits to do 1 piece of gear, and just over 1k dil for the superior upgrade kits each time they are applied. Each type of gear requires a different amount of upgrade kits. The superior upgrade kits are the best to use, you get more experience points toward the upgrade, 12,600 i think vs improved upgrade kits 5,000 exp. The improved upgrade kits take around 900 dil each time they are applied, so superior is the best way to go.

Thanks so far there is how ever a little flaw in your tekst, because the ship vendor also sell upgrade items/kits I discovert it's only green but as I talked with the fleet its the same thing you get from R&D and only cost you 10.000 a piece or was it a Thousand. well anyway ship vendors or kit vendors also sell them...

Thats better at least
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."