test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragon's Deceit Bugged????

adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I'm near the end of the mission where I need to defeat the leader but [NPC MISSING]. Is this a known bug or a new one from tonight's update?

Edit: So they addressed this [NPC MISSING] and then broke it in another location, down in the caves. You kill the next "bugged out" Vaadwaur and then it just won't progress further. But the fun part is when you try to teleport in and out, the system places you all the way back at the begining and this happens:

http://youtu.be/_sz94gjdm60
Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by adorenko on

Comments

• casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adorenko wrote: »
    I'm near the end of the mission where I need to defeat the leader but [NPC MISSING]. Is this a known bug or a new one from tonight's update?

Having same problem, at point near end to defeat leader but he is no where to be found.
  • englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same problem here, get to end to defeat the leader and he is no where to be seen.
    ran this part of the mission twice but still no Leader :(
  • sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Confirmed. The cutscene shows no leader, the leader is then missing for that part of the mission. The waypoint doesn't change from the previous step. I have restarted the mission. Left and come back. Nothing seems to get him to show up.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • zipatroniczipatronic Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also encountered the same problem and i ran it twice to see if it was my fault for it not appearing but its not :(

On a sci fed toon if any 1 asks btw.
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Any chance this will be fixed soon?

• anneonomousanneonomous Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Still bugged fyi. submitted ticket before I saw this thread, oh well!
  • brohoulettebrohoulette Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also cannot spawn the NPC leader - submitted a ticket in game.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    See my post under wrong section... oops :o

"The Bug Hunt is the next queue available to players in the Delta Rising expansion. This story-related queue will be available to characters once they have completed the featured episode, Dragon’s Deceit."

You cannot get to the Bugs if the prerequisite mission is bugged.
    edited September 2014
    Would be nice if I could go to the livestream on Saturday but still can't finish this mission which is a pre-req for the new PvE map. C'mon FIX IT!!

• sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This should be fixed ASAP. Unless Smirk uses magical dev powers, he won't be able to unlock the queue either. At this point, many people are being kept out from testing the new queue because of this bug.

I just checked to see if the most recent patch fixed the issue. It did not.

The cutscene still has no commander in it. The commander doesn't spawn after the cutscene. The waypoint for the end of the "Defeat the Commander" shows before the encounter. If it's anything like the Foundry, I imagine there is something off with the visible/invisible triggers.

It's probably designed to be: walk to x -> cutscene+commander spawns -> defeat commander objective complete -> next objective. What is happening is something like: walk to x -> cutscene -> defeat commander objective ->commander spawns -> next objective. Probably a missing link in the chain.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would like to add that since the last patch on tribble i can no longer complete the mission i get through it and then when it finishes instead of giving the option to turn the mission in it say i still have to run the mission can anyone advise me on what to do pls as this is getting annoying now
    The True King In The North
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, Dragon's Deceit is bugged (at least on my KDF; haven't tried with other factions yet). I'm not sure how they intend us to test their bug hunt queue if we can't even unlock it.
  • icedemon1989icedemon1989 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    have te same problem cant get the leader to spawn
    Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
    - I will either find a way or make one
  • jtyme77jtyme77 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am having the same issue with my Fed Engineer playing on advanced.
    Keenan.png
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sarek93 wrote: »
    Confirmed. The cutscene shows no leader, the leader is then missing for that part of the mission. The waypoint doesn't change from the previous step. I have restarted the mission. Left and come back. Nothing seems to get him to show up.

Yep still an issue.
  • jauhn82jauhn82 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mission: The Dragon's Deceit
    MAP: KARTELLA
    Objective: Defeat Leader
    Faction: Federation

No NPC to defeat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Rellimtime82 - Foundry Author
  • xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jauhn82 wrote: »
    Mission: The Dragon's Deceit
    MAP: KARTELLA
    Objective: Defeat Leader
    Faction: Federation

No NPC to defeat.

Ditto.
    Additional information:
    I suspected it might have had something to do with NOT killing the two guards (which is marked as optional).
    I left, and came back to the map, ran it again, killed the guards, continued to the Commander boss room, and still experienced the same issue.

ISSUE:
    Commander Galik is not spawning for his cutscene, nor afterwards so I can defeat him, and continue the mission.
    If this guy can't even show up for his lines, maybe you guys should find an understudy. j/k
    Seriously though, this is a mission breaking bug (pun intended) that should be tracked down & eradicated so we can eradicate some more bugs ;-)

EDIT:
    I did not have this issue until On Demand patching saw fit for me to patch 4 files that I did not have the last time I ran completed Dragon's Deceit

EDIT:
    I am still in the mission.
    Since I have no job, and I am using the "DaVinci method of sleeping", I will stay in this mission until I hopefully figure out a way around the problem OR it gets fixed.
    I'm not getting out of the game until I get another infamous spontaneous disconnect (in which case I will jump right back into Dragon's Deceit), or this problem is fixed.

EDIT:
    Issue remains, although there was some significant lag when I lowered the ramp.
    Maybe someone's monitoring it?
    Anyway, the waypoint that's supposed to appear later in the mission is DEFINITELY appearing BEFORE Commander Galik....whom still isn't spawning.
    I think someone may have mixed up their triggers; Maybe the names were similar, and they edited the wrong one?

EDIT:
    I sent an in-game bug report, which was auto-replied to saying that Perfect World doesn't deal with Tribble.
    I sent an in-game GM request, just to see if they could spawn Galik (in the hopes that I could at least finish the mission this one time) which auto-replied that Perfect World doesn't deal with Tribble.
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
    edited September 2014
    I have still not been able to finish Dragon's Deceit because of this bug.
    Anyone else?
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • voloscirevoloscire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have still not been able to finish Dragon's Deceit because of this bug.
    Anyone else?

Yeah, it's still borked. It's a bit concerning that this isn't being addressed, but I guess a lot of attention has probably been on fixing the upgrade system for Holodeck...
    edited September 2014
    voloscire wrote: »
    Yeah, it's still borked. It's a bit concerning that this isn't being addressed, but I guess a lot of attention has probably been on fixing the upgrade system for Holodeck...

"Fixing" it?
    How so?
    Where's that thread?
    edited October 2014
    Check my edit on the first post as hopefully this helps to fix the issue faster. By the way I'm willing to bet not many people have tested Bug Hunt(PvE), maybe you should remove this mission requirement to have testers in there, I'm sure we'll find a lot of issues there as well. You guys have 12 days, I don't see how this is not going to be a disaster!!!

• jtyme77jtyme77 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I defeated Telen, now what? There are no more progress items to be checked off to complete the mission.
    Keenan.png
  • brit36brit36 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Made it to Telen too and wiped the floor with him but they have no further step to finish "Bug Hunt" i don't think they have finished the making the mission yet. heh.
  • elvis4410elvis4410 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No the mission is just bugged. I worked in a previous build. I was actually able to complete it. But a later build borked the Commander Galik so that he did not appear which would not let you even get to Telan. So something they did to address the Galik issue seems to have now borked the rest of the mission. Im sure you'll see another update before it goes live.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

lol:D
  • jasoncholmesjasoncholmes Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hi i was have the same problem i drop the mission and just ran through it with out any problmes
    thanks
  • spezies0001spezies0001 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And I dropped it, too and did the mission again and had the same bug again.
    After defeating Telen, nothing happens.
  • brit36brit36 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They fixed it! i was able to finish.
  • anneonomousanneonomous Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    brit36 wrote: »
    They fixed it! i was able to finish.

Confirmed. That was much more of a fight than I was expecting. Good stuff.
  • luminianluminian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It's broken again. The leader is attacking the guy in the force field and I cannot target either of them. I tried dying, which wasn't easy, hoping it would reset but no. I really have no desire to do this again if avoidable. It was nice to see something different, but not particularly fun.
  • mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Tried to play through the episode, but the moment I speak to Tuvok, I get a red bar with the word "DISABLED!", that will not count down. I can run, jump, move around, but I cannot interact with anything, use any buffs or weapons.
    e0M7OhA.png