test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble not showing up

jengofirejengofire Member Posts: 18 Arc User
I cant seem to get tribble to show up for me, when i load my launcher i only have redshirt and holodeck, anyone able to shed some light on what i'm doing wrong?
Post edited by jengofire on

Comments

• cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Follow these steps in order.

1. Are you a subscriber?
    -- If Yes, then proceed to #2
    -- If No, then you cannot use Tribble at this time due to account restrictions. That is most likely why Tribble does not show up for you.

2. Have you "signed up" for Tribble?
    -- If Yes, then proceed to #3
    -- If No, then go to the main STO website, click on Guides, and look for "Tribble Test Server". You should have a link to sign up for Tribble.

3. Have you copied a character to Tribble?
    -- If Yes, then close your client and try again. If you still have trouble with it, then reply to this thread and let us know what you've done so far.
    -- If No, then go back to Guides and look for the Tribble page again (shortcut) and copy a character to tribble.

• jengofirejengofire Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A) where do i find said guides
    B) when did tribble become subscriber only? I've never subbed and have used it in the past.
  • graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jengofire wrote: »
    B) when did tribble become subscriber only? I've never subbed and have used it in the past.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1200601
  • deathfish01deathfish01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jengofire wrote: »
    A) where do i find said guides

We are pretty much in closed beta for the expansion right now. When this happens, a secondary testing shard known by the name Redshirt is brought online to take over for the normal Tribble testing. Then the Tribble server is used for the beta testing of the expansion. There should be a short period of time right before the launch of Delta Rising on Oct 14 2014 when Tribble will become accessible for everyone to play with. Sorry for the inconvenience but this is the way it has always been done.

Note to DEVS: To prevent misunderstandings in the future maybe a server with a different name should be used for the expansion testing and Tribble should be left as the live shard testing center.