test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

20% off ship sale...

Comments

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The amount of energy and enthusiasm spent complaining about complainers really seems to be on the rise lately, probably because of all the discussions about upcoming changes of DR and some people thinking those are bad changes of course. And yet the enthusiasm being poured into the "If you make a negative comment you're a whiner! God I HATE WHINERS!!!!!!!" is just getting palpable. Its almost parody at this point.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LOL :D Not that Cryptic has been pulling the brightest decisions lately, but complaining about a sale?? Really?? LOL :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    variant37 wrote: »
    How do hull shapes become obsolete?

TRON is the new black. LMAO!!! :D:P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How do hull shapes become obsolete?

Because the hull shapes (or designs) are tied to specific tier ships. If Tier 5 becomes absolete, so do the hull shapes that are only available to those ships.

For instance, the Sovereign class ship hull design/shape which is available on a specific T4, T5, and Fleet T5 ship and is not available on any Tier 6 ship. If Tier 6 ships make any Tier 5 ship obsolete, then so is the Sovereign class ship hull design/shape.
    aV2IRVJ.png
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    drazzii wrote: »
    Because the hull shapes (or designs) are tied to specific tier ships. If Tier 5 becomes absolete, so do the hull shapes that are only available to those ships.

For instance, the Sovereign class ship hull design/shape which is available on a specific T4, T5, and Fleet T5 ship and is not available on any Tier 6 ship. If Tier 6 ships make any Tier 5 ship obsolete, then so is the Sovereign class ship hull design/shape.
    Whatever your favorite ship is now, you can't fly it as T6. You have to settle for T5u.

Kinda funny that they are running this sale right before they make all these ships obsolete....kinda reminds me of the Lobi store sale, where they neglected to mention how useless the Jem'hadar sets were until two days after the sale ended.
  • bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Such greed. It really is pathetic how entitled and self centered players are. I can't believe I actually enjoyed getting on the forums to see what players were talking about just a couple of years ago. Now the STO forums resemble the BSGO ones. And what's worse is that they're complaining about a ship sale. Are you kidding me? Are you all so petty that you can't even be happy about this? And you all wonder why we rarely have good relations with our games devs. With players like you, who would want to get involved? Not a single one of you is being forced to spend money on this game. Not one. You have a great game here that's perfectly free to play, and all you can do is ***** about a reduction in ship prices? There is something seriously wrong with each and every one of you, and I'm so embarrassed and ashamed to be considered part of this community right now. So you all can TRIBBLE off, I'm done for now.

The forums are that way because cryptic made em that way. What do you expect when they ignore completely the enjoyment of their customers and their only goal is to get rich? i suposse we all should say ONLY positive things about the game no matter what. People are not happy anymore because they finally realized that all these "gifts" are just little compensations to keep players happy while they drain your wallet and resources without even worrying about fixing the important things. I should not said that, im afraid i will probably be banned for it, but i needed to. Its just the truth. The same way, we could say you are just another rich player who doesnt care at all if this game is becoming only suitable for people with big wallets while in the process , the enjoyment of the player base is not improving. Again, its not about the money itself, its about the direction the company is taken. If you cant see that, are players like you the ones who are leading this game to disaster.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The amount of energy and enthusiasm spent complaining about complainers really seems to be on the rise lately, probably because of all the discussions about upcoming changes of DR and some people thinking those are bad changes of course. And yet the enthusiasm being poured into the "If you make a negative comment you're a whiner! God I HATE WHINERS!!!!!!!" is just getting palpable. Its almost parody at this point.

And why is calling out whingers over their rot 'palpable', yet it's apparently perfectly agreeable that people whinge?

Or at least that's how I interpret your post here...

Perhaps there are forum users getting tired of seeing a barrage of semi-literate, entitled rants?

I have no issues with people expressing an opinion, but the bulk of posts lately are asinine rants that offer no more input than 'Cryptic Sucks!'... If that's all someone is going to offer, then they open themselves up to being accused of whining..

Form a reasoned, rational and logical statement, that is actually based on factual evidence or experience, and not merely supposition and ill conceived assumptions, and perhaps there would be less of the 'I hate whiners!' responses?
    The forums are that way because cryptic made em that way. What do you expect when they ignore completely the enjoyment of their customers and their only goal is to get rich? i suposse we all should say ONLY positive things about the game no matter what. People are not happy anymore because they finally realized that all these "gifts" are just little compensations to keep players happy while they drain your wallet and resources without even worrying about fixing the important things. I should not said that, im afraid i will probably be banned for it, but i needed to. Its just the truth. The same way, we could say you are just another rich player who doesnt care at all if this game is becoming only suitable for people with big wallets while in the process , the enjoyment of the player base is not improving. Again, its not about the money itself, its about the direction the company is taken. If you cant see that, are players like you the ones who are leading this game to disaster.

And this is a perfect example of what I am referring to...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    And you know all this how? Fleet T6 do not yet exist, so this is all speculation...

This is the very sort of misinformation Virusdancer was referring to I would wager, and yet, here you are suggesting he is the one misinformed...

Quite a bit of it is Cryptic's own fault with how they named things - didn't standardize certain names - and - just caused all sorts of confusion.

T6 has +1 BOFF ability. That's the difference between T5-U and T6. Sure, Cryptic and some folks want to say that could be an Ensign or Lieutenant, but on a ship that's got two Lieutenant Commanders...I still say it's the Lt -> LCdr, since the standard BOFF layout is Cmdr - LCdr - 2x Lt - En. Even if a comparable ship already had the 2x LCdr and no Ensign and received an Ensign as the extra BOFF ability, I (personally) still measure it based on the standard BOFF layout and say it's the Lt -> LCdr. But in the end, the difference is the +1 BOFF ability.

The various other things? Those are no different than the other things that currently separate different ships we already have. T6 Intel vs. T6 Standard...they're both T6, just different ships. One can argue that the different ships are not all balanced...but that's nothing new. Lol, we've got 180ish T5 ships that aren't balanced...heh.

Will some of the FT6 ships be better than some of the FT5-U ships with certain builds? No doubt...but uh, that's no different than some T5 Fleet-level ships are better than other T5 Fleet-level ships.

All the blanket obsolete stuff is nonsense...some of the current FLT5 ships have so much going for them, giving +1 BOFF ability to a FT6 ship won't touch it. Some of the current FLT5 ships are just pathetic compared to other FLT5 ships, so it wouldn't take much to be better.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmm, tier 1 connie for 400 zen equals limitless supply of blue quality mk XII retro phaser beam arrays.

800-1200 gets you the quad cannons.

I can think of quite a few lower level ships with interesting end game capable kit on them.

And the possibility of upgrading some of that kit to mk XIV epic is mouth watering.
  • bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Why? I know quite a few people who will pick up some ships during the sale. I'll take 20% off vs. paying full price any day. A sale is a sale.

And we cant forget that a lot of people are not going to buy T6 ships or even upgrade em to T5U. So, i also dont see why the discount should be bigger. Then we could say they should just give us any ship we want for free, since nobody will keep using T5 ships when DR comes.. and that is, of course, not true.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Quite a bit of it is Cryptic's own fault with how they named things - didn't standardize certain names - and - just caused all sorts of confusion.

T6 has +1 BOFF ability. That's the difference between T5-U and T6. Sure, Cryptic and some folks want to say that could be an Ensign or Lieutenant, but on a ship that's got two Lieutenant Commanders...I still say it's the Lt -> LCdr, since the standard BOFF layout is Cmdr - LCdr - 2x Lt - En. Even if a comparable ship already had the 2x LCdr and no Ensign and received an Ensign as the extra BOFF ability, I (personally) still measure it based on the standard BOFF layout and say it's the Lt -> LCdr. But in the end, the difference is the +1 BOFF ability.

The various other things? Those are no different than the other things that currently separate different ships we already have. T6 Intel vs. T6 Standard...they're both T6, just different ships. One can argue that the different ships are not all balanced...but that's nothing new. Lol, we've got 180ish T5 ships that aren't balanced...heh.

Will some of the FT6 ships be better than some of the FT5-U ships with certain builds? No doubt...but uh, that's no different than some T5 Fleet-level ships are better than other T5 Fleet-level ships.

All the blanket obsolete stuff is nonsense...some of the current FLT5 ships have so much going for them, giving +1 BOFF ability to a FT6 ship won't touch it. Some of the current FLT5 ships are just pathetic compared to other FLT5 ships, so it wouldn't take much to be better.

Fully agree with everything you have said right there... Alot of the problems have indeed been of Cryptic's own making... Still doesn't justify the nonsense so many people insist on spreading though IMO...

Indeed the entire launch of Delta Rising was fumbled... Clear succinct information should have been on the website within moments of the STLV panel finishing and much of what has been communicated since has not contained adequate information about the upcoming changes...

Cryptic need to reevaluate how they are releasing information regarding major system changes to the player base... The issues with Delta Rising were only compounded by the poor handling of the Doff UI changes, and the removal of Exploration Clusters etc, that occured just before STLV...

Though, as I said, it still does not justify misinformed, semi-literate ranting...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Hmm, tier 1 connie for 400 zen equals limitless supply of blue quality mk XII retro phaser beam arrays.

Interesting....

Happen to know if they're upgradeable?

Also...any KDF captain who doesn't own the Vandal needs to go buy it NOW.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for a sale . . . But really?!? I don't think the player base is much in the mood to buy ships. You pretty much could have put anything else on sale and it would have received more enthusiasm. Maybe put lobi items back on sale so I can buy a Jem XII set.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for a sale . . . But really?!? I don't think the player base is much in the mood to buy ships. You pretty much could have put anything else on sale and it would have received more enthusiasm. Maybe put lobi items back on sale so I can buy a Jem XII set.

Agreed. If this was on other items such as the Fleet modules I would be down and buy those in a heartbeat along with other valuable items.
    aV2IRVJ.png
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Interesting....

Happen to know if they're upgradeable?

Also...any KDF captain who doesn't own the Vandal needs to go buy it NOW.

They are as well as most of the other C-Store Weapons.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Originally Posted by virusdancer

This is exactly the way it is. People just see the big number 6 and assume anything less is rubbish but that blatantly not true.
    There are numerous Fleet T5 ships that are very poor quality and very underused by the player base. And some of the basic freebie T4 ships are just as competitive as the top line ships currently are if in the right hands.

I've managed fine using a freebie Dyson ship against eSTF borg and it was a cake-walk, even using non-rep or fleet gear.

So to say anything in the sale is rubbish is daft. There's plenty of goodies to be had, even if you just want to grab a nice console (plasmonic leech, degree torp, valdore console?!).

Plenty of people will be using upgraded T5 ships be they basic or fleet level once DR goes live. A lot of people love the canon trek look and so the newest ships don't appeal. This sale will be good for those people.
    SulMatuul.png
    edited October 2014
    lowy1 wrote: »
    They are as well as most of the other C-Store Weapons.

Hmmm...hmmmmm......

*strokes chin, thinking about what ship might look good running old-school blue phasers*
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And yet the enthusiasm being poured into the "If you make a negative comment you're a whiner! God I HATE WHINERS!!!!!!!" is just getting palpable. Its almost parody at this point.

And yet you can never tell if someone is genuinely so excited/stupid or if the are getting paid for those pom-pom's on their hands ...

... casts a glance @ borisvodka ...
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Get that. A measly 800 zen unlocks the legendary Plasmonic Leech for all of your KDF captains? Sounds like one heck of a bargain. This is especially true if you have a power-starved KDF-aligned Romulan.

Yep, which is why I am tempted.

I will probably peruse through the other ships to see if any are worth considering for their universal consoles.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    drazzii wrote: »

Oh wait until they pull out the ever so vague Fleet T6 ships ... that no podcast seems to be able to get a straight answer about ...

... nor ask questions about for that matter ...
    edited October 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Yep, which is why I am tempted.

I will probably peruse through the other ships to see if any are worth considering for their universal consoles.

It's very much worth it. It may just be the most useful stand-alone console in the entire game.
  • borisvodikaborisvodika Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    And yet you can never tell if someone is genuinely so excited/stupid or if the are getting paid for those pom-pom's on their hands ...

... casts a glance @ borisvodka ...

I wish i was getting payed. I wish the board wasn't so......I don't want to say dumb......
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When was this announced?

What ships are not included? Tempest, Constellation?
    I am sorry that I ask but after a few minutes STO just hung up on my pc, and I dare to make a second attempt to start the game
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's very much worth it. It may just be the most useful stand-alone console in the entire game.

Agreed. As much as I see this sale as a cynical attempt at manipulative psychology, the Leech is just crazy awesome, with the Valdore console right behind. Other than that, only particularly fun ones that are more than just click-a-gimmick are the Aceton Assimilator and the T1 T'varo's Singularity Stabilizer.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Agreed. As much as I see this sale as a cynical attempt at manipulative psychology, the Leech is just crazy awesome, with the Valdore console right behind. Other than that, only particularly fun ones that are more than just click-a-gimmick are the Aceton Assimilator and the T1 T'varo's Singularity Stabilizer.

Also: subspace jump. Put it on something with flanking and you have a very good combo. Put it on a scimitar and you have something hilarious and terrifying.
    When was this announced?

What ships are not included? Tempest, Constellation?
    I am sorry that I ask but after a few minutes STO just hung up on my pc, and I dare to make a second attempt to start the game

Announced today (check the home page). All c-store ships are included (since none have just been released.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm happy with this. I'm unhappy with other things that are going on, but no reason to complain about a ship sale. I've been sitting on the fence on a couple of ships for a while - both T5 and otherwise. Not sure if I'll kick in more zen to get one than whatever I can scrape up from dilithium and my zen balance, but I'll probably pick up something.

Seriously, it's an extra ship sale over what we had in the previous year, if you want to wait because of the uncertaintly behind T5/T5U/T6, then that's a valid decision, but I've bought T2/T3/T4 ships before, so no worries about this.

I will be holding out on the Intrepid though - I'm still hoping for a bundle there. In the meantime, my vet reward version on the one character will have to do.

To TPTB Thanks! (For this) :)
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bought the B'rel Refit, which I may never actually use, but I can't be a true Klingon warrior without it.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Announced today (check the home page). All c-store ships are included (since none have just been released.)

Ah thanks, I am wondering because all those announcements usually appear on FB or here in the Galactic News..
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmmm...hmmmmm......

*strokes chin, thinking about what ship might look good running old-school blue phasers*

Right now, they look pretty spiffy on a fleet Chimera.

However, I'm thinking about that possible T6 Intrepid.....

Five of those, upgraded to Mk IV Epic, plus a decent torpedo sounds fun......