test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't earn any more specialization points

kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Tribble - Bug Reports
After having spent twelve specialization points on my test character, I can't earn any more by gaining XP. When I fill the bar, the "level up" effect plays, but I don't receive any more points.

This is on a KDF character, with eight points in Intelligence and four in Commando.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Do you need to reset your skills? Check your Skills Tab, and see if there's a "Respec" button at the bottom-right of the window.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Okay, I just checked the Skills tab, and nope, no respec button.
  • Options
    sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Borticus, this just happened to me as well.

Of note: I did level up via a Doff assignment.

But I have spent 11 Specialization points. I did not recieve a 12th point.

And no, I do not require a respec.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Of note: I did level up via a Doff assignment.

Good catch! I did too, but didn't think anything of it at the time.

Just to see if it'd make a difference, I just tried filling my bar by turning in a mission... and yep, I got my specialization point. So I'm guessing that, for whatever reason, if turning in a doff assignment is what fills the last part of your bar, the point isn't granted.

Hope this helps, Borticus!
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    Hope this helps, Borticus!

I think it does. Thanks for the additional information.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    From what I saw when I logged through my three (previous) level 60 characters after this build went up all of them went back to 59 with 3,000 skill points missing to 60.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I gained 2 levels today, one from turning in a mission, one from the level-up Devidian. I didn't get a specialization point for either one.
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    From what I saw when I logged through my three (previous) level 60 characters after this build went up all of them went back to 59 with 3,000 skill points missing to 60.

Found the same thing on my lvl 60 toon i just logged into. I went to the devidian lvl granter and clicked to make me lvl 60 and it said it did but according to lvl status in top left of window i'm still lvl 59 with 2500 more skill points to reach lvl 60.
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    follow up: managed to get xp bar filled again on one 60 and got the spec point. so I assume the 'missing' spec points happened because every char had to get from 59 to 60 again.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Had a similar problem happen to me. Leveled up from 58 to 59 using a mission, then tried to get to 60 using the level-up NPC. I got the level 60 promotion mission and was able to resolve it, but don't have access to the trait slot or rank insignia, and the XP bar says I'm 1900 away from level 60. Also, I did not receive specialization points from either level-up.
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
  • Options
    orusiorusi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i am level 60 but i can´t gain any skill point, no matter what i do. i tried various missions and doing again the episodes but nothing. i just can´t continue upgrading the skill tree. Please help!
  • Options
    nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    terloki wrote: »
    Had a similar problem happen to me. Leveled up from 58 to 59 using a mission, then tried to get to 60 using the level-up NPC. I got the level 60 promotion mission and was able to resolve it, but don't have access to the trait slot or rank insignia, and the XP bar says I'm 1900 away from level 60. Also, I did not receive specialization points from either level-up.

The promotion missions are a bit off at 55 and 60. Or at least they were when DR became live on Holodeck. They both appeared slightly before I reached those levels.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw