test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No basic tech upgrade vendor on New Romulus

qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Lieutenant Tirar (in New Romulus Command Center) states that "Basic tech upgrade packages are available from suppliers at major operation centers such as Earth Spacedock, Qo'noS and New Romulus Command." This is incorrect; there isn't one anywhere in New Romulus Command. Add one.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• andyxvers2andyxvers2 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i think the free upgrade packs they were handing out expired on the 29th. i logged in with my Romulan on the 29th and also was unable to get these items. however on the day Prior i logged in on my Main KDF and Fed and got the items from each of their respective item giver NPCs
  • onehalfklingononehalfklingon Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    He's not referring to the freebies, he's talking about the basic provisions you can buy from vendors in the shipyards on Qo'nos and ESD. Yes, it would be nice if they put one in the command center shuttlebay.
  • bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yup, that vendor is not there. And in the process, cryptic, please add a security officer in new romulus command :mad:
  • andyxvers2andyxvers2 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    in the R&D menu you can craft upgrade tokens used in the right click upgrade window, however so far all i've been able to craft are green quality, nothing as nice as the freebies that NPC in ESD gave me
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    andyxvers2 wrote: »
    in the R&D menu you can craft upgrade tokens used in the right click upgrade window, however so far all i've been able to craft are green quality, nothing as nice as the freebies that NPC in ESD gave me
    To re-iterate, no one here but you is referring to or disputing the ability to craft them. Lieutenant Tirar (in New Romulus Command Center) states that "Basic tech upgrade packages are available from suppliers at major operation centers such as Earth Spacedock, Qo'noS and New Romulus Command." She goes on to say that higher-level upgrades can be crafted, but the basics are supposed to be available to people who do not use the crafting system, and don't want to rely on the "mercy" of the Exchange to provide them at reasonable prices. The vendor mentioned does not exist. I have not checked the other locations to see if there are such vendors there, but the one mentioned on New Romulus isn't.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah "Equipment" vendors on ESD and Qo'noS have them .. Hell even the vendor on DS9 got them for Spocks sake ... but New Rom? ...

Nope sorry kids, we didn't even bother thinking about the ugly adopted child ... I'm surprised they even bothered putting the special NPC on New Rom, the usual tactic is just to palm us off one of the other factions.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I stand corrected. I assumed they were available from the basic equipment vendor because thats where they are at on Qo'Nos and ESD. Apparently they are not so yeah, this needs to be fixed ASAP. As I haven't upgraded anything on my Romulan yet, I hadn't actually looked.

It is absolutely unforgiveable to put something like this in for Fed and Kling and forget(?) to put it in for Roms,...
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard