test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Authenticate

Comments

• darkwolf1980darkwolf1980 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    having same issue here on my account. but was working earlier because wifes account is still logged in on her computer fine from a couple hours ago. hope its fixed soon so i can check my research and upgrade stuff.
  • atronach1atronach1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    alec teamspeak bro and same issue here
  • capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tritan2409 wrote: »
    Another to be addedto the list.

Thanks for the update Smirk, would not like to be you guys this week with this many problems going on.:(

Confirmed here...'unable to authenticate'....

Like tritan said...definitely sucks to be those guys, right now.... :\
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • violentwhimsyviolentwhimsy Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Unable to Authenticate whether you launch directly or from inside of Arc
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    qqqqii wrote: »
    Not sure how this is relevant. The issue affects a lot of folks. Being an LTS doesn't make anyone immune to technical problems, regardless how entitled it might prompt some of them to feel.
    Yeah, I don't see how people can think that either... being a LTS doesn't (and can't) make you immune to such problems like this

I'm a LTS myself and unable to authenticate, but it'll get fixed. No real big issue
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here. So, why is there no info about this issue on the forums?? , oh, nm, i guess cryptic is still NOT aware of this...

So, where did the productive time of the events go? to the deep space..
  • naruteshnarutesh Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Having the same stupid problem. On my day off, too! Was working fine last night and even early this morning. Now I can't get it to authenticate.

Cmon guys can we get this fixed soon?
  • ladruidladruid Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just spoke to some ingame, they can log out and in OK, so this is selective.

Where are you guys logging in from that having issues ?

UK here...

Also, any customer support connect on :-
    Compensation for loss of service to paying (gold) customers?

Regards
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here. I wouldn't have known but tried to invite someone to my Suliban from the Public Service channel 3x. So as usually I tried the Old Log out/Log in methed to fix it. Then it keep saying "Unable to Authenticate". Same thing happend about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Last time it lasted about a hour. So far its not been a mayor problem. Unless of course your withdrawing from STO. Then you need a dose fast. I don't think I have a problem yet, I'm not hooked. I am starting to sweet some. Chills and sweets are normal right. Oh TRIBBLE, I'm not makeing any sense. Cryptic...Cryptic, I hate you, I hate you. I'm sorry. I love you. I love you. I just need a little STO. Come on man. Not able to Authenticate...Call a amblence./\/\/\/\/\/\
    ..............Flatlined.
  • captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looks like Champs and Neverwinter are down too.
  • christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just tried to log into STO and got the same message as everyone else in this thread...
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • colmatzeracolmatzera Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi from Germany.... same here =( 4 Hours ago the game worked fine! But now..
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    me too getting the same message as well as I tryed to log in:(
  • bubblebaflebubblebafle Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ladruid wrote: »
    Just spoke to some ingame, they can log out and in OK, so this is selective.

Where are you guys logging in from that having issues ?

UK here...

Also, any customer support connect on :-
    Compensation for loss of service to paying (gold) customers?

Regards

You said it. You can log out, but not log in. Im from Spain.

Lol, compensation for gold customers? is that a joke?? xD. Anyways, compensation for all the hours we lost we could invested in the events will be just logical. So expect another downtime , again. I wonder if this is happening now.. when they launch DR.. i cant imagine it. It will be the end of the days.. xD.
  • martynoceanmartynocean Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I`m UK as well....

which is why i missed most of the delayed live cast at the weekend. I had to get for work. The server was down then as well so a week of no STO has me the sh shs shshakes:eek:

and still miffed that T6 ships announced a week after I spent up all my zen on the T5 vesta bundle:(
  • agentorange886agentorange886 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Keep getting "unable to authenticate"
  • naruteshnarutesh Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah I'm from the US, so it looks like it doesnt have much to do with where we are logging in from. We got ones from the UK, Germany, US...

Eh they'll fix it, just hopefully sooner than later.
  • crappynamerulescrappynamerules Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, this has happened before. The problem is usually a bad hop somewhere in the routes. Thusly only some are affected. If anyone has an ip for url for the game server, we can use tracert to find the culprit. Sadly, it's usually not anything cryptic has domain over, some middleman just dropped the ball.
  • krakenhazenkrakenhazen Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh yes...its down again and I had just logged off to change accounts. Hope they do not roll-back the hours I just spend grinding to fix this :(
  • christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Alabama, USA.
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • pont15pont15 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same issue here this weeked has been a pain in the &@% for STO.
  • montoya1420montoya1420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Recieving "unable to authenticate" everytime I try to log in
  • hrconard1hrconard1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I Have been trying to login to star trek online With Arc And STO Launcher and I get The Same Error Message Unable To Authenticate. I got kicked from game about 2 hours ago. :confused: so since around 2:10 p.m. EST Is When I 1st got the error. Is Something going on ? is server Down the little green light telling server is up is on.. i dunno i hope they fix whatever it is soon.

" Welp this will give me sometime to get a few things done around the house :) i Guess it came at a good time "
    Everyone Hang In There You Have The Best Possible People Working On The Problem :) have a g1 All. Cya In game
    *P*E*A*C*E*
    edited September 2014
    keep cool hrconrad1^^ i think they are working on it!
  • jhildrethjhildreth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please get this fixed - another wasted day not being able to play STO.
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Boston, MA here. "Unable to authenticate:" since noon.

How come STO servers are unstable recently?
    Greenbird
  • al3xandertgal3xandertg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just finished downloading the game and wanted to give it a try...
    "Unable to authenticate"
    Really bad first impression. <_<
  • ladruidladruid Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well I tried numerous proxy machines I have access to, various routes including :-

London, UK
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    New York, USA
    San Fransisco, USA

So its not an isolated hop, as I tried trans Atlantic, west and east coast. Its more likely internal, or at least STO's 1st hop ISP.

**EDIT** Also the servers are up and its working for my Wife sitting next to me, so its not a internet issue to Holodeck, its most likely an internal issue with the account/patch server.

Regards
  • conductorjoeconductorjoe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm having the same issues here. It says Unable to authenticate in Ohio, U.S. as of 4:00pm local time.
    edited September 2014
    My Teammates in my fleet are playing fine .. only i got the Problem =( like me they are all from germany!
This discussion has been closed.