test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mk XIII [???]x4

thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
I've seen a couple of pieces do this. Upgrading to Ultra Rare doesn't look all that good to me. Is the [???] a glitch or does it mean what it upgrades to will be random?

Example
Post edited by thomaselkins on

Comments

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looks like to me the regular Rare is a better weapon. As the DPS dropped on the Ultra on one setting. The other stayed the same. And the stats are better on the Rare as well. Best part is the price difference. The Rare will give you a better return if sold. :rolleyes:
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    Keep in mind it also appears that the upgrade process still has bugs with it. While some have had luck, others report getting something less than what was expected.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Would suck if you upgraded an ACCx3, and end up with a Crtx4 completely changing your weapon.

I upgraded my PC, and it became a Commodore 64:P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've seen a couple of pieces do this. Upgrading to Ultra Rare doesn't look all that good to me. Is the [???] a glitch or does it mean what it upgrades to will be random?

Example

this is not a glitch or indication of randomization

this is a bad UI decision by cryptic, or possibly an unavoidable one that just displays a generic UR version of the gun, the mods WILL NOT change when the rarity goes up, another will simply be added
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Would suck if you upgraded an ACCx3, and end up with a Crtx4 completely changing your weapon.

I upgraded my PC, and it became a Commodore 64:P

I hate going off topic here, But man, I just faucet nosed here, when reading that. Too funny.

A life time ago, I used to repair those C-64's. The reason they where so expensive to repair, was that to replace the graphic chip for example (the most common repair) one had to take off the keyboard, which was simple enough, but they made the machine, so that entire chip set, was at the very bottom underneath everything else.

It took a good hour, just to get to the darn chips, let alone, the time it took to solder everything.

I can just see our engineers, doing the same thing with the new tech. Yep, our rare was better than the ultra rare, because we got screwed on Jesus clips and bio-neural capacitors or some such nonsense, from cheap ferangi part sellers.

anyways, thanks for the trip down memory lane.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    farmallm wrote: »
    Looks like to me the regular Rare is a better weapon. As the DPS dropped on the Ultra on one setting. The other stayed the same. And the stats are better on the Rare as well. Best part is the price difference. The Rare will give you a better return if sold. :rolleyes:

That's because its not a finished upgraded weapon yet. its showing you the base stats and the ??? are the 4 random mods that will be added to it once its been upgraded.

if that things gets a another dmg or critical hit on top of whats there then its going to look pretty impressive.

we cant pick our modifers so until its made you dont know exactly what you are going to get.

it is unfortunately a bit awkward, whether its intentional or unavoidable UI design.
  • Options
    guard41guard41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I actually upgraded my adapted maco shield to mk 13 but none of the stats changed at all. i sent a ticket in about it, I hope i didn't just lose all that dilithium
  • Options
    havokreignhavokreign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'll see your [???]x4, and raise you this.

Didn't even have to upgrade it, just put it in the box and broke the hell out of it. :D
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    * Item mods are not re-rolled

Your item's mods don't change as part of the upgrade, so if you like the mods on your Phaser Beam Array [Acc]x3, you won't lose them. You just have a chance to get a new, extra mod. You might turn your array into a Phaser Beam Array [Acc]x4, or Phaser Beam Array [Acc]x3 [Dmg], or Phaser Beam Array [Acc]x3 [CrtH].
    For most items, if you get a new mod, it is randomly selected. Set reputation gear does not get a random modifier; instead, the mod gained is always the same for a specific item. When you upgrade a MACO deflector to ultra-rare (ultraviolet) quality, for instance, it will always get one specific mod. That way you never have to worry about a random mod and having to grind out another piece of expensive rep gear and then upgrading it again -- once it improves in quality, you know that you have gained the one upgraded version.

If it's rerolling your mods, you should report it as a bug...