test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zahl System in "Better With Friends" Undefeatable

admiralwuffadmiralwuff Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Tribble - Bug Reports
When patrolling the Zahl system during the mission "Better With Friends", the hospital ships are guarded by two Vaadwaur cruisers. I managed to defeat both of them (after 15 minutes of fighting, I might add). When I went back to rescue the hospital ship, there we three artillary cruisers. After taking 25 minutes to defeat them, I went back & found four of them.

I think they might be continually re-spawning at the hospital ships at a quick rate. I am not 100% sure though.
Post edited by admiralwuff on

Comments

• Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When patrolling the Zahl system during the mission "Better With Friends", the hospital ships are guarded by two Vaadwaur cruisers. I managed to defeat both of them (after 15 minutes of fighting, I might add). When I went back to rescue the hospital ship, there we three artillary cruisers. After taking 25 minutes to defeat them, I went back & found four of them.

I think they might be continually re-spawning at the hospital ships at a quick rate. I am not 100% sure though.

Yes they do respawn, i did the mission with a fleet mate and took nearly and hour to complete. It can be done but is a pain.
  • Options
    admiralwuffadmiralwuff Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes they do respawn, i did the mission with a fleet mate and took nearly and hour to complete. It can be done but is a pain.

Thanks for backing me up :-) . I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to.
  • Options
    elvis4410elvis4410 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I beat this solo in my Avenger in about 45 minutes. Upgrade your gear to mk XiV.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    elvis4410 wrote: »
    I beat this solo in my Avenger in about 45 minutes. Upgrade your gear to mk XiV.

so did I beat it in 45 min in my regent so youre point is ? , it takes far to long for what has to be done even with mk xiv weapons etc
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Why should ANY solo mission take 45 miniutes to finish? That's just pure rubbish.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    elvis4410 wrote:
    Why should ANY solo mission take 45 miniutes to finish? That's just pure rubbish.
    While we're at it why should anyone HAVE to upgrade their gear to MK XIV?
  • Options
    sentinelbluesentinelblue Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So what I am getting from the upgrade response is, spend a lot of EC and dil to upgrade equipment to reduce the time it takes to complete at PVE mission to 45 mins. You might be right if OP was talking about an elite STF but not a PVE story mission.

Just pointing that out.
  • Options
    casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2014

My gear is all upgraded to Mk XIV, from weapons to consoles. When you have 4 systems to patrol, 1 of them shouldn't take 45 mins to complete.
  • Options
    xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So what I am getting from the upgrade response is, spend a lot of EC and dil to upgrade equipment to reduce the time it takes to complete at PVE mission to 45 mins. You might be right if OP was talking about an elite STF but not a PVE story mission.

Just pointing that out.

I'm just glad to see I'm NOT the only one having trouble with this DR content.
    One Heavy Artillery ship took me 3 hours, and multiple respawns to beat...one-on-one.
    I had to upgrade my ship to T5-U, retrain all of my BOffs, reorganize my power tray, and basically relearn space combat...which took another 2 hours on this same fight...just to narrow it down to just under 45 minutes.
    And I still had 2 more systems to "patrol", and a story sub-mission before completing the actual "Story Mission".
    It took me over 4 1/2 hours to complete this one mission...including the 3 hours it took me to figure out how to defeat that ONE ship.

Anyone as experienced as a player whom has been in STO since before launch, has learned to easily adapt to the new mechanics that were constantly being changed during the first couple of years, and can beat any STF like it's a walk in the park (i.e. Me), should not have to go through that.

EDITED FOR:
    Typo Demons
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That sounds buggy...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ortsimortsim Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So far this has been the buggiest mission I've encountered (which is a good thing!). The enemies continually spawn regardless, and you must be out of combat to tow the ship. On top of that there are the spheres of doom. It seems that either the enemies aren't supposed to appear until you tow the ship, but are glitched and thus endlessly respawning, or the tow option should be available in combat, but isn't. Seems the event setup for this one is broken at any rate.

I found a work-around, in that if you approach the ship from the opposite side you can get the tow option and activate it before the enemies aggro on you. This worked for the second part where you repair ships as well. On the third part however, you do need to destroy the ships that spawned attacking the vessel you're saving before they will move on.
  • Options
    rjoy79rjoy79 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The first time I played, after an hour of single handedly fighting my way through this, I gave up. I later went back and played it, I managed to trick it a few times by flying in quick, clicking and getting the hospital ships to move before the Vaadwaur began shooting me. I did this several times until I managed to complete the mission.

It does need a rework, there are too many ships to contend with and I did it on normal difficulty.
  • Options
    bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I managed to get in and out to do the hospital ships without trying to fight them. As long as you are out of red alert you can drag them along.

However I found that it was the next stage that was also buggy... A damaged ship was not interactable.

I did manage to interact with it but I wasn't able to clear the ships around it. they basically killed me in my squishy ship and the damaged ship reset without a way to get it flying again.
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    Each time i have done this patrol it has taken me less than 20 minutes. the mission difficulty is fine, i even set it to Elite difficulty for more of a challenge.

here is the a video of Blockade Runner on Elite difficulty. sorry about the voice volume, i'll be re-doing this a little later with better sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-ewX3NJ-fE
  • Options
    zanos64zanos64 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just did that mission. I was wondering what was firing at me, so I moved as fast as I could. After I cleared the combat ships from around the damaged ships and the Hospital ships, I was able to beam repair crews/tractor them to safety. The repair ships, I "took" the hits from the artie. But was able to repair myself to 100 before moving onto the next wound ship.
    For the hospital ships, I just "hooked up" to them and pulled them to safety. I just moved fast enough to get outside the artie targeting circle. I had no idea they were killable, or even locatable. I didn't try to find them.
  • Options
    gbw2318gbw2318 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The lag in this mission is insane. You should not have to click on launch torpedo more than thirty times before it actually fires.