test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Such pain!

sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I've been an avid STO player for about two years, I'm very much looking forward to the release of Delta Rising, but I'm not going to be able to play for a week after launch! From the 13th October I'll be on holiday in central Europe, the Czech Republic and Germany.

Such a rough deal, right? :P

I'm hoping by the time I check in a week later all the bugs will be ironed out. :rolleyes:

Will YOU be there on launch day?
Post edited by sicjeb on

Comments

• Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sicjeb wrote: »
    I've been an avid STO player for about two years, I'm very much looking forward to the release of Delta Rising, but I'm not going to be able to play for a week after launch! From the 13th October I'll be on holiday in central Europe, the Czech Republic and Germany.

I'm hoping by the time I check in a week later all the bugs will be ironed out. :rolleyes:

The way things are going, the servers will be crashing again and again for several days starting on the 14th, so showing up a week late means that's a good thing.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited September 2014

You'll actually avoid a good chunk of the opening week lag. So you'll be better off.
  • Options
    thraxianxthraxianx Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It might be a good thing, you wont have to put up with all the disconnections that will come along with it, by the time you return from vacation or work you will have no problems and smooth sailing.
  • Options
    huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As the others have said, the game is virtually unplayable for the first 3 or 4 days after a release, so you'll only miss the pain and frustration.
  • Options
    banatinebanatine Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Agreed.

It's supposed to be the Borg that are Disconnected, not the players XD
    Real Temporal Operative: Purchased the Special Temporal Agent pack before it was even officially announced!
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I will be in Philadelphia Oct 14 and 15 with Admiral Song for her Jeopardy 2nd audition.

I have mixed feelings about missing the first 2 days.

In any event wish her luck. It is a lifetime goal to be on Jeopardy.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I doubt I'll be on the day of launch, I'll sit back and let all the impatient players experience the game lag. I'll pop by a week or two later when all the main bugs have been taken care of, and the new missions work correctly. :D
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    thraxianxthraxianx Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wont be on when the launch happens, NO WAY to many server issues so ill wait about 2-3 days. I dont see what the big deal is in being on for launch day when it will be CRAZY.
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have no idea. I am 'scheduled' to return from a business trip that day but I do not know.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I will be playing Dragon Age 3.

Good luck with the new grind, people.

Hopefully , I will have a nice chunk of zen built up in my stipend when I get back.:D
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    After seeing how many times the server has crashed just from implementing the Crafting system, I'm staying FAR away from STO the week of Delta Rising.

Why this isn't all tested on Tribble first, I don't know.. but this is nuts. No way the game will be playable for the first few days.. at least.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Launch day is ground zero both for bugs and massive lag from an influx of players. I'll pass.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Be sure to hit up Klub Mecca in Holešovice, Nebe in Nové Město and Chapeau Rouge in Staré Město. I used to frequent those places when I lived in Prague. Lots of fun.

If you have time, look into Tramix, the party tram, too. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    zbzzn wrote: »
    Be sure to hit up Klub Mecca in Holešovice, Nebe in Nové Město and Chapeau Rouge in Staré Město. I used to frequent those places when I lived in Prague. Lots of fun.

If you have time, look into Tramix, the party tram, too. :)

Oooh I will, thanks for the tips! :D
  • Options
    strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Launch day is ground zero both for bugs and massive lag from an influx of players. I'll pass.

Sort of like asking...'Will you be at ground zero when the new guy pushes that shiny red button and detonates the nuke?'
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    I will be playing Dragon Age 3.

Good luck with the new grind, people.

Hopefully , I will have a nice chunk of zen built up in my stipend when I get back.:D

really a month early how did you pull that off... it don't come out tell nov 18 believe I've been keeping a very close eye on it.

the temporal prime directive exists for a reason people :P

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    "czech republic"?
    good call, i know this place, has the best drink and all the beautiful girls in all europe.:)

Completely agree. :)
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'll be here wearing a diaper and a cooler full of beer next to me, waiting for the servers to die. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    "czech republic"?
    good call, i know this place, has the best drink and all the beautiful girls in all europe.:)

Hehe! Well I'm spending the week there with my Russian friend. We've been chatting online for almost three years, and this will be our first time actually meeting :D
  • Options
    apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'll probably be on the front lines of the bugginess, cursing Cryptic's name and trying desperately not just give up and do homework instead. But I s'pose that's what I get for prioritising this game :P