test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holodeck Login Issues (9/27) [Resolved]

Comments

• paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    Delta Rising is just a code name... it's actually going to be called "Dilithium Required"

:cool:

Thats going to come out after they cut the allowed dill refining AGAIN from 8K to 4K per day right?:D
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    keravnios wrote: »
    Um..I've hit Warp 22 in the game.. You have no idea what you're talking about right?

//// LF a link to the livestream

clearly nore do u as anything over warp 9.999 is not warp as warp 10 is iinfinite velocity.

so it would be Transwarp 22...

and yes i know this will get spammed to hell as people will dissagree but its set in canon that u about the infinite velocity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    They are of course quite incompetent enough to however.

Never underestimate the possibilities, of stupidity/

VOGUE

... and Never Underestimate the Power of Large Numbers of Stupid People.

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    what is it with all those gooey afterburners jokes? What did I miss?
  • ragerblade82ragerblade82 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is day three of playing.

I like this game, but man..the issues it has really has made me bleh, and hearing about end game content kinda has me bleh also, but will get to that.

In the past 3 days, I've encounter more bugged quests, and had to skip some than any mmo I have ever played, and trust me I played them all. I thought elder scrolls release was bad, but man..some of the bugs in this game makes me go huh?

Like, not being able to beam down to a planet, Enemies I'm suppose to destory are missing. I even group with my wife and we beam down to a planet, only for us not to be on the same planet.

I mean, don't get me wrong..the game seems fun as heck, but man it has been a struggle to really get into because of all the issues..now server down.

I guess we have bad timing.
  • spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I blame Neelix.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    spockout1 wrote: »
    I blame Neelix.

He must be making cheese again.
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I like this game, but man..the issues it has really has made me bleh, and hearing about end game content kinda has me bleh also, but will get to that.

Most of the time, the game runs fine for me, so these little times are annoying, but you just learn to live with them. Right now, I'm just anxiously waiting to get back into the game, as I was planning to play all weekend, and well, this kind of puts a bit of a crimp in my well thought out plans.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Trendy I finished that song...

(set to the Hotel California tune)

{A Long Guitar Riff...}

It's a dark Cryptic game day. It seems like They don't care.
    E-mergency up-keep, to try to fix the software.

All the players are resistant, and try to put up a fight.
    The forums flare-up and then Trendy begins...
    It's gonna be a long, night.

There She sits with her keyboard.
    A gifted Mod we know well,
    She must be thinking to herself,
    "This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
    Then she queued up Her handle, and she showed us the way.
    There were voices in forums now,
    I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the Cryptic Hacienda,
    S-T-O's the place. (S-T-O's the place)
    What a data-base.

Limited room at the Cryptic Hacienda.
    When you try to log-in, (when you try to log-in)
    ...Is when the pain begins.

Her mind is Trekian-twisted, She's got the power to rend. uuh...
    She's got a lot of pretty, pretty words, that She calls friends.
    How they dance off Her keyboard, sweeeet, but don't fret.
    Some dance to remind you, don't you ever forget.

So I called-up my log-in, "Please let me connect"
    It said,
    ........."You haven't got the clearance dear, so you're, never gonna respec.

And still those voices are calling from far away,
    Make you wish that the servers just might,
    Let you in to play...

Welcome to the Cryptic Hacienda,
    S-T-O's the place. (S-T-O's the place)
    What a data-base.

Their limiting us at the Cryptic Hacienda.
    What a wonderful guise. (what a wonderful guise)
    It takes a hundred tries...

Mirror ships, on clearance.
    The Breen are bringing the ice.
    Then She said... "We are all just waiting out here, while They add some more vice."
    And In the Gecko's chambers,
    They gather for the spiel.
    They wonder what He'll dream up next,
    ...To make more players squeal.

Last thing I remember, I was...
    Searching the C-Store.
    I had to find a bundle there,
    So my ship could still explore.
    "Relax" said the forums,
    "They are, programmed to deceive.
    You can buy anything you like,
    but you can never achieve!"

{another long guitar riff...}

Awesome :D
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    spockout1 wrote: »
    I blame Neelix.

We all blame Neelix. If he'd just shag Janeway thing's wouldn't have been so terrible.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Harrrrrrr we there yet?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    keravnios wrote: »
    Um..I've hit Warp 22 in the game.. You have no idea what you're talking about right?

//// LF a link to the livestream

Ummm... I suppose as much as You have no idea about This Voyager Episode right?

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • ragerblade82ragerblade82 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not, I enjoy the storyline, and the game has a learning curve. Just darn am I unlucky with bugs in my quests and down times lol.
  • drmoxdrmox Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Captains!

We are currently aware of the server login issue that players are facing. We have our engineering team on it. I will keep you updated with more information regarding the status as I receive it.

~LaughingTrendy

UPDATE

We are looking at a time fluctuation that occurred around 11AM PDT today that resulted in the Holodeck server problems. We will update you shortly in regards to a fix.

Ironic, Time Fluctuations. Just finished watching the latest episode of Doctor Who in UK's prime time evening. Looks like Cryptic could do with a Time Lord Dev. :D
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    guilli88 wrote: »
    We all blame Neelix. If he'd just shag Janeway thing's wouldn't have been so terrible.

A remake of 9 1/2 weeks with Neelix and Janeway, eh?
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited September 2014
    sammyspet1 wrote: »
    clearly nore do u as anything over warp 9.999 is not warp as warp 10 is iinfinite velocity.

so it would be Transwarp 22...

and yes i know this will get spammed to hell as people will dissagree but its set in canon that u about the infinite velocity.

don't take it out on the other players sammy....

Star Trek canon does concur warp 10 is a physical limit conventional warp engines cannot exceed, but then came out with trans-warp which most definitely exceeds that limit.

STO on the other hand has had speeds exceeding warp 10 for quite some time so what the user stated is indeed accurate. in STO, I often tool around the galaxy in my Support Refit cruiser with Rom Borg enhancements between warp 28.9 and 33.4 .
  • spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    guilli88 wrote: »

I think Neelix loses in that deal. Ugh.

I wonder if the server queue is coming back for DR like it was for LoR rollout.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    don't take it out on the other players sammy....

Star Trek canon does concur warp 10 is a physical limit conventional warp engines cannot exceed, but then came out with trans-warp which most definitely exceeds that limit.

STO on the other hand has had speeds exceeding warp 10 for quite some time so what the user stated is indeed accurate. in STO, I often tool around the galaxy in my Support Refit cruiser with Rom Borg enhancements between warp 28.9 and 33.4 .

Thats Transwarp LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ... and Never Underestimate the Power of Large Numbers of Stupid People.

And most importantly....

Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!
    Ummm... I suppose as much as You have no idea about This Voyager Episode right?

:rolleyes:

DON'T ACTUALLY MENTION IT!!!!! :eek:

It never happened.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wtf... I'm sure you meant something else, but that reads like something is wrong with time and the world is going to end....

Exactly!!!! Duck and cover!!!
  • asurtaiasurtai Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014

In the past 3 days, I've encounter more bugged quests, and had to skip some than any mmo I have ever played, and trust me I played them all. I thought elder scrolls release was bad, but man..some of the bugs in this game makes me go huh?

Like, not being able to beam down to a planet, Enemies I'm suppose to destory are missing. I even group with my wife and we beam down to a planet, only for us not to be on the same planet.

I mean, don't get me wrong..the game seems fun as heck, but man it has been a struggle to really get into because of all the issues..now server down.

I guess we have bad timing.

and to think MOST of thease have been present since Early BETA!!!

like i said back then and i still to hold now this is still a BETA quility game.

Lack of content ( and no i dont consider daily repeatable gringds as quests) the ground combat is still as bad as it was post launch, what brings down the space combat for me is you cant 360 you ship theres an upper and lower limit to where you ship can rotate. neither can you roll the ship's, then there thes the scale issue, i have to admint of late iv seen imporvements but still a long long way to go to get it to what it should be.

Now every thing that is being brough out requires marks (this is acceptable), Dill (would be acceptable apart fomre the daily limit!! like WHY - if you say ZEN exchange, then limimt what you can exchange not refine), and worse of all ZEN, and also the bind to character its realy tedious, id rather bind to account, or pay a fee to unbind its like geez completely taking the fun of the game away to be honest.
  • krycrowkrycrow Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sawzall78 wrote: »
    I don't know about the rest of you but I'd be more than happy to receive some free stuff for my inconvenience! :P

Seconded:rolleyes:
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Didn't we just have an Emergency patch?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,214 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dammit and i was hoping to get some playtime in.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • cbiz1983cbiz1983 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wonder how sad it is that I periodically click the STO icon hoping for a flash of green. :/

On the positive side, you just reminded me that I have a few episodes of Dr. Who to catch up on. Yay!
    45bEibx.jpg
  • keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Didn't we just have an Emergency patch?

Which is what they will be patching now.
  • ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So servers gone broke every time when players might get something for free :D Cryptic AI of the server must have been born :D
  • sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cbiz1983 wrote: »
    I wonder how sad it is that I periodically click the STO icon hoping for a flash of green. :/

On the positive side, you just reminded me that I have a few episodes of Dr. Who to catch up on. Yay!

Does everyone on this game watch 'Who? Anyway, you think you're sad, I can't get access to anything past "The Name of the Doctor." Never saw the following specials. AND- no cable! NOT PLEASED.
  • ramfanramfan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thank goodness Netflix is working.... my gorn has to be content w reruns of DS9....:(