test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

help promotion klingon

bjorn1983bjorn1983 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Klingon Discussion
help i'm L.C. klingon but i dont gett a message for my promotion so i have a ship L.
what can i do:( for aL.C. ship
Post edited by bjorn1983 on

Comments

• bjorn1983bjorn1983 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    send me a private message in sto pls:)
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am going to take a wild guess and you have not finished the Lt. mission chain leading to the house always wins. Finish that arc and you get a promotion mission that sends you for your new ship.

We may need to sticky this.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I assume you reached lvl 10 and you need to get your lvl 10 promotion ship, right?

If this is so - then you need to do the mission called "Test of Mettle". As a part of that mission, Chancellor J'mpok sends you to be assigned with a new ship and you'll get your free ship. You can find the mission by pressing "J" under the "Episodes" tab. It's under "Empire" there. Once you're doing that mission, you'll get the ship. Or you can just skip the other missions if you're not there yet and do that one to claim your ship.

I have no idea why they tied the lvl 10 ship like this, but you're not the first to ask this, many KDF players have been comming here asking the same thing. It's very often that you level to 10 before or without doing that mission, so confusion arises.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bjorn1983 wrote: »
    help i'm L.C. klingon but i dont gett a message for my promotion so i have a ship L.
    what can i do:( for aL.C. ship

Welcome to the new kdf content. The Lt. Commander ship is the only one to unlock in this way. As was described above finish the chain and you're set. Enjoy what the kdf has to offer and hope to see you around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • alrik80alrik80 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So this is caused by the XP-Bonus weeks.

I started a new KDF Char yesterday an was on Lvl 23 when completing the storyline to get first promotion ship.
    I had to use the first level ship and gear for all the way not much fun i say.

If you had already bouhgt store ships for your level, you can go to shipyard and claim them even without promotion.

If not i´m sorry to say you have to go all the way through first storyline, using your first ship.

Maybe Cryptic should think about the "Do the mission for promotion" thing and grant you access
    depending on your level.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    alrik80 wrote: »
    So this is caused by the XP-Bonus weeks.

Indeed it is. It also used to be caused by players doing exploration clusters and not doing the missions and it still happens when players do empire defenses and other stuff and reach level 10 before they do "Test of Mettle".
    alrik80 wrote: »
    I started a new KDF Char yesterday an was on Lvl 23 when completing the storyline to get first promotion ship.
    I had to use the first level ship and gear for all the way not much fun i say.

If you had already bouhgt store ships for your level, you can go to shipyard and claim them even without promotion.

If not i´m sorry to say you have to go all the way through first storyline, using your first ship.

Maybe Cryptic should think about the "Do the mission for promotion" thing and grant you access
    depending on your level.

Just for the sake of information, technically you can circumvent this and not be forced to use your first ship after level 10. Just skip the other missions to "Test of Mettle", do that one and get your ship and then you can go back to the other missions you skipped. It's not ideal, but it's an option.

It's strange to tie this thing to leveling missions, although I see the sense in the continutiy. It's just that some players, especially during XP events or wth XP boosts will level up much faster then they reach this mission. I think the Romulan faction has a similar issue if I'm not mistaken, I think there's a thread about it just now.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Romulan Players can have similar problems during the Bonus XP week. I stumbled over this at least twice now. (I am a lazy guy and only level alts on Bonus XP weeks, basically.)

If you happen to have bought some Tier 2 or Tier 3 ships in the Zen-Store or got one for free during one of the special events, you can still acquire those. (But I do not recommend doing that just for this. But if you consider it, I believe the Nausicaan ship is the best choice, since it has the energy drain the Plasmonic Leech Console^. And a Tier 3 ship can last you until you reach level 50, so no need to switch ships until then.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.