edited September 2014
    pretty bad constructive critique :

Really happy when upon hearing 7 of 9

I have seen the model of Tuvok ingame, which is most impressive

it was Tuvok in everyway

maybe the work on Tuvok was too well made,

the same thing could not be said about

the design of seven of nine

lack of "remarkable" features or attributes making de model too generic...

"generic" not as compliment

if I know what to do, I would do it

but I am a dumba*# gamer and not a master in CGi 3d modeling

Wish a lot of luck to the artist
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Where the other new star npc's look good, Seven needs a makeover.
    Face and hair just looks like a vague resemblance.
    Really should re-work this one.
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Seven of Nine?

More like Seven of Boing!

I bet the artists had fun modelling her, eh? :p
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hmmm.. yup.. like some/most in this thread I think the modeling/texturing of her is not on par with the other VOY characters which is sad, because she's my favorite char of that series. That said, I actually like that she still wears her suit - most of my chars (and BOFFs) wear varieties of it, too :P ...
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • max1002max1002 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    You mean YES!!!

Those two were the most unconvincing couple I've ever seen. The hacks--I mean, writers--even as good as admitted that they did that JUST to TRIBBLE with Robert Beltran, who had criticized the "writing" and had pretty well-known personal issues with Jeri Ryan.

Plus it made no freaking sense at all in context.

Robert Beltran, had no personal issues with Jeri Ryan, is was the show writhers like Brannon Braga he had personal issues with.

http://http://www.startrek.com/article/catching-up-with-robert-beltran-part-1
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The likeness is close enough to satisfy me. I'd rather have something like this than a photorealistic mask pasted over an unsuitable mesh.

The changes (or lack thereof) can be explained in so many ways it's not worth arguing about for me. Between the passage of tme, her altered Borg physiology, and the state of medical tech/cosmetic surgery in 2410, there's a lot of room to technobabble our way through that.

I honestly don't expect to see any additional alterations to the model. What we see is what we're most likely to get.

The script and the VO are what will 'sell' the character, so I'm looking forward to seeing her in-game.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I frankly don't mind the catsuit or her possible lack of aging due to Borgtech; but I feel she should at least have a labcoat. And while they're at it, update the Tailoring wardrobe so that jackets/coats are separate from inner shirts in order to better customize characters (mainly more for the off-duty/civilian or formal wears, but could work on uniforms too). Besides, it'd be nice to be able to equip something like a lab coat, unzipped jacket, or open vest over attire such as body suits, inner shirts, or swimsuits, as well as mix-and-match some of the inner shirts we see with some uniforms with the jackets of other uniforms.

That would make my planned grumpy old man who ignores some dress regulation and wears a completely unzipped/unbuttoned regulation jacket over regulation inner shirts actually feasible.
    I can get behind that one hundred percent, a jacket/coat layer would be welcome.

I like the Jupiter uniform that looks like a labcoat, but now that I have my Fleet Odyssey unlocked I want to wear that Jupiter coat over my Odyssey uniform. I use it on my Doctors and Scientists. One of these days I'm gonna get the Spire uniform and the coat for that would be welcome on all my science officers across factions.

There is precedent as well with Dr. Crusher and Dr. Zimmerman rocking their lab coats.
    Hmmm.. yup.. like some/most in this thread I think the modeling/texturing of her is not on par with the other VOY characters which is sad, because she's my favorite char of that series. That said, I actually like that she still wears her suit - most of my chars (and BOFFs) wear varieties of it, too :P ...
    To be frank Kurumi your avy/character look better than their model of Seven, well done.

It'd be funny if she wears it solely to mess with people.
    max1002 wrote: »
    Robert Beltran, had no personal issues with Jeri Ryan, is was the show writhers like Brannon Braga he had personal issues with.

http://http://www.startrek.com/article/catching-up-with-robert-beltran-part-1
    Heck most Star Trek fans had issues with Braga so that's no surprise.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    The likeness is close enough to satisfy me. I'd rather have something like this than a photorealistic mask pasted over an unsuitable mesh.

The changes (or lack thereof) can be explained in so many ways it's not worth arguing about for me. Between the passage of tme, her altered Borg physiology, and the state of medical tech/cosmetic surgery in 2410, there's a lot of room to technobabble our way through that.

I honestly don't expect to see any additional alterations to the model. What we see is what we're most likely to get.

The script and the VO are what will 'sell' the character, so I'm looking forward to seeing her in-game.

They did update Tuvok a little between Season 9 and 9.5.

It is an MMO and nothing is final.

Has anyone on Tribble seen her in motion. There's something to be said for in model vs in photo.

Cause from what we've seen it's just not up to the caliber of the other four.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I vaguely remember the Doctor telling Seven that she will age slower because of her Borg implants. Maybe I'm mistaking it for an episode of Superman.
  • dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    She was one of the characters in Voyager I enjoyed watching. Her demeanor, looks and hot body was something that 'turn me on'.....back then, that is. lol
  • nercophagousnercophagous Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    She looks amazing for a 60 year old woman!
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    They did update Tuvok a little between Season 9 and 9.5.

It is an MMO and nothing is final.

Has anyone on Tribble seen her in motion. There's something to be said for in model vs in photo.

Cause from what we've seen it's just not up to the caliber of the other four.

True, they could update it post-DR launch. I'm just not expecting them to try to change it before the launch date, and they might not touch it again depending on whether there's a good reason to revisit it.

Tuvok could be tweaked because they had the time and a good reason to revisit it (new mission in 9.5). Direct correlation.

In this case, they have not one, but four (not counting Tuvok) likenesses to reproduce and it has to be ready to launch. I'd bet they spent as much time as they could budget to work on Seven.

Reading between the lines of the blog, I'd say that they knew people were going to be most critical of this character design and it's probably the one they had to reproduce as faithfully as possible in the time permitted. I'm sure they could still make minor cosmetic changes even up to the launch.

But again, in my opinion the likeness is close enough that it won't bother the average player at all. They will accept her (or not accept her) as Seven based on the scripted dialogue and the voice work.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Great to see Seven will be making an appearance in STO! The design team have recreated her fantastically well! Well done guys and girls! I do, however, have a question - what is the explanation for Seven's lack of ageing?
    wilv wrote: »
    I love how she turned out but I wish they would have given her a Starfleet commission for the story.

Agreed on both points! She's turned out brilliantly and I think that Seven should've been a Starfleet officer. It's a shame but I can live with it.
  • cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I haven't read the entire thread but one thing that sticks out... she needs to look older. After all, this is many years after Voyager.

Same thing with Neelix. The characters should look at least a little aged!
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well I might as well show this again...
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    I swear you've never seen a single episode of Voyager.

Nah, I have.

Saw the whole awful show, it wasn't Jeri Ryan's fault she got written into a very boring box. I've seen her in some other stuff, she was dang good.

Whereas Mulgrew just can't quite convincingly portray human emotion. Ever. It's creepy. Seven had more realistic emotions despite being written as a freaking robot.
  • methodownmethodown Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I assume the graphics guys were too busy getting her TRIBBLE right to spell her name correctly:
    7f08c8232079e185ec4db60d82b98b361411589416.gif

The Triumphant Return of Sevon of Nine

As it appears in the "OFFICIAL MEDIA" section on this page.
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    umaeko wrote: »
    Seven of Nine is the character I'm the least enthused to see return in the Delta Rising expansion... simply because Cryptic's depiction of her makes no sense to me.

She hasn't changed!

Seven of Nine is human. He should see what 30 years of time did to her looks. She likely would wear her hair differently in the last three decades, and surely her wardrobe would include more than just catsuits.

In effect, I think today's Seven should look more like Jeri Ryan presents herself today, than exactly copying what she looked like in Voyager. I mean, I get it for the mindmeld flashback, but when she actually shows up, we shouldsee her changed. We should see how she's matured.

All in all, I'm kind of disappointed.

This sums up my thoughts. You did a terrible job in reality, Cryptic. Terrible job. It's simply not logical to assume that she would remain static in her general appearance and attire after 32 years of service.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ashlotte wrote: »
    This sums up my thoughts. You did a terrible job in reality, Cryptic. Terrible job. It's simply not logical to assume that she would remain static in her general appearance and attire after 32 years of service.

Point taken but what is logical about flying around from planet to planet space nuking aliens, food replicators, ect? Reality in Star Trek? Come on.
  • sgtdave66sgtdave66 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I know im going to take a good deal of flak for this but I am just stating the facts. You guys need to make her chest larger. Look Jerry Ryan is ample chested, im not being sexist, im stating a fact. The toon is less ample then the real life character. Also Jerry Ryan has a very distinct aqualine nose and profile with BIG blue eyes. You guys NAILED Tuvok and NELIX as well as WORF and TASHA YAR. Excellent, Excellent work. I just think 7 needss a little tweaking is all.:D
  • sgtdave66sgtdave66 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    saedeith wrote: »
    Point taken but what is logical about flying around from planet to planet space nuking aliens, food replicators, ect? Reality in Star Trek? Come on.

That is the lamest argument for not taking the time to logicly advance character progression to keep with cannon. Even TUVOK's hair has greay in it, to reflect the passage of time. I agree Cryptic needs to do better.:o
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    saedeith wrote: »

What is logical about man flying in giant metal contraptions, automobiles, electronic view screens scattering multiplied thousands of colored pixels in mere seconds controlled by plastic buttons with letters on them? Instant dinners that are cooked in minutes heated by a radioactive box, man leaving earth's atmosphere and landing on the moon?

300 years ago and beyond none of that would have been seen as logical either nor as reality. Even further back it would have been seen as black magic and heresy. We would have been put to death for attempting to explain it.

It's just as Picard said when comparing himself, his crew, and his ship's technology to the Mintakan leader Nuria.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Yep, I'm convinced. You've never watched a single episode of the show.

Pfffffffffffft.

You believe what you like. Mulgrew is a mediocre actress at best, and Seven was blatant eye candy. I've seen both Mulgrew and Ryan elsewhere; Jeri Ryan's capable enough, but Mulgrew is a brick.
  • whiterookwhiterook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Glad she is back, always fun to get the various shows cast members into the game. :)
  • ghobepongghobepong Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Right now there are only two things I can think of initial reaction is going to be about Seven of Nine in STO.

1: The technical observation about how she looks the same from Voyager, yet also the grapical technicalities about how she doesn't look exactly like Jeri Ryan, to also shouldn't she have aged some.

That's one side of that coin.

2: The other side? "OMG it's Seven of Nine!" And all of the sudden every geeks ST fantasy has finally come back in STO. Well for those that watched Star Trek just went gah gah over her like folks did over T'Pol in Enterprise. Sex symbol, sex symbol, sex symbol.

May the mayhem and the mischief begin...................... "The Journey Has Just Begun!" >XD
  • fireseeedfireseeed Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well according to that Ferengi episode, nanobots makes great life extension technology. I'm guessing that why Seven still looks so young.