test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reputation Questions

supherissupheris Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Reputation System
Hello all
Long time lurker, first time poster

I had a few questions about the reputation system. I have been playing STO for sometime off and on but never really contributed to the rep system. I only have one at tier 2 and the rest have never been used. Before I waste time and resources to it I was wondering if there was a guide on the forums I could look at? I was also wondering if I advanced to a higher tier, can I still contribute and get low tier items later? Does it automatically unlock things that you didnt contribute to in the store that you can buy later?
Post edited by supheris on

Comments

• dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    supheris wrote: »
    Hello all
    Long time lurker, first time poster

I had a few questions about the reputation system. I have been playing STO for sometime off and on but never really contributed to the rep system. I only have one at tier 2 and the rest have never been used. Before I waste time and resources to it I was wondering if there was a guide on the forums I could look at? I was also wondering if I advanced to a higher tier, can I still contribute and get low tier items later? Does it automatically unlock things that you didnt contribute to in the store that you can buy later?

Unfortunately, no one has made a guide, and yes, basically at T5 all gear from all tiers will be available
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, unlocking tiers unlocks the things inside - and keeps it that way no matter what Tier you're at after that :) And there's not really any guide per se, but STO wiki keeps a page on it (and a seperate, connected one on the rewards/unlocks for each Tier):

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Reputation_System

Just a matter of getting marks, and time for the Reputation dailies to go forward - Sponsorships cut both in half though, in the long run
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • supherissupheris Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ty all for your reply

So even if i dont contribute to a certain project, (for example) the zero point energy conduit (tier 2 of new rom) and move on to a higher tier 3, 4,etc... it will still unlock for purchase later (tier 5)? or do i have to contribute to the project now and that keeps it unlock later?

I am curious because I have pass on things earlier and could not get them later and dont want to risk it as I am level up the tiers.

Forgive my ignorance... I just dont want to miss anything good if i cant get it later, and I am very unfamiliar with the rep system. Been away from the game for too long
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    supheris wrote: »
    Ty all for your reply

So even if i dont contribute to a certain project, (for example) the zero point energy conduit (tier 2 of new rom) and move on to a higher tier 3, 4,etc... it will still unlock for purchase later (tier 5)? or do i have to contribute to the project now and that keeps it unlock later?

I am curious because I have pass on things earlier and could not get them later and dont want to risk it as I am level up the tiers.

Forgive my ignorance... I just dont want to miss anything good if i cant get it later, and I am very unfamiliar with the rep system. Been away from the game for too long
    Yes, it should - even if you had in your projects list, and then subsequently unselected it, it would show up again in the list, whether you were Tier 2, 3, 4 or 5. If it doesn't, then you likely have a bug (and the same general thing goes for all items)

Plus I believe that the only things that were removed from the Rep systems were the Mk X/XI equipment, plus the Rare/Very Rare hanger items... which the Mk XII and Ultra-Rare equipment are (slightly) superior to.

The rest, if not equipment projects or the rare costume unlocks, are store unlocks for getting to a particular Tier.

In short, aside from the above removed stuff, anything from lower Tiers is accessible at any time
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • supherissupheris Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thank you again :)
  • vindicivuotovindicivuoto Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    To spare the forums another mayfly thread, I do hijack this one to ask a question concerning shield refrequencers from the Dyson rep store. Namely, do they stack when it comes to their proton damage and shield boosting procs?