test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A2B a thing of the past....

hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
The main reason people use A2B is so they will have more up time on thier boff powers. With the addition of extra boff slots on tier6 ships we could see the need for the strategy slowly disappearing. Being able to attack and defend with abilitys without constantly resetting everything is a huge advantage. I see this going in a good direction. We are gonna have more boff abilitys to use and were not going to have to run our ships auxillaryless. Hence staying alive longer. Delta might not be a bad thing after all.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It never was bad except to the doom forumnites.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    It never was bad except to the doom forumnites.

aye, and thank whatever or whoever it was that thought up of the FCT! doom threads were getting annoying...
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hyefather wrote: »
    The main reason people use A2B is so they will have more up time on thier boff powers. With the addition of extra boff slots on tier6 ships we could see the need for the strategy slowly disappearing. Being able to attack and defend with abilitys without constantly resetting everything is a huge advantage. I see this going in a good direction. We are gonna have more boff abilitys to use and were not going to have to run our ships auxillaryless. Hence staying alive longer. Delta might not be a bad thing after all.

Amusingly I use both. A2B+Doff build on my engineer, and a 3x DCE build on my tact.

honestly I just don't see what the fuss and crying about is for the A2B+Doff build. The only super effective thing it does is double all of your tact slots. Lt. Engineer slots are taken up by A2B itself, but is equalized by double CDs there on EptX powers. And you get a couple double GCD abilities for lt. sci, which won't be super effective since unless you really lean on using batteries etc your aux will be sitting at like.. 5. And i seriously doubt Intel abilities will be effected by A2B+Doff. I just got this feelin' its gonna be seperate.

If a ship has enough tact slots for double attack power of choice, a pattern, and double tactical team. Theres a point when A2B build becomes inefficient. Its definately not this super powerhouse god build alot of people make it out to be.

As for T6 Ships. Yeah. Definately not using A2B on Qib. 3x DCE for EptS and EptW 3s, Double Engie Team 1s, Double RSPs, and a super spiffy Intel commander ability to round it out. Or Aux2Struct3. Ship still has enough tact slots for double Tact Team and Double Attack of your choice and thats all you need. Unless you wanna slap on 2x Purple conn officers to use 1 TT and an attack pattern of yer choice.
  • Options
    dreadcalldreadcall Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Its definately not this super powerhouse god build alot of people make it out to be.

It allows your weapon power to always be above 50!!!!!! That is very lots of deeps!!!!!! I did 800 dps tops before, but since switching to a2b i never did below 1k dps in ISE !!!!!! Buy a2b now!!!!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dreadcall wrote: »
    It allows your weapon power to always be above 50!!!!!! That is very lots of deeps!!!!!! I did 800 dps tops before, but since switching to a2b i never did below 1k dps in ISE !!!!!! Buy a2b now!!!!

That was a joke post, right? LOL.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    dreadcalldreadcall Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    That was a joke post, right? LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05YfP_8UsU