test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else sad about the stats on the Dauntless?

lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,844 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Federation Discussion
I mean I've always thought the ship is kinda ugly but if it had decent stats and what I was looking for in a Sci ship I'd buy it.

But it doesn't...because Cryptic decided to make it a pure lame Tac Sci...which there are already plenty of options for.

I mean all the other T6 ships have a universal slot...most a LT...why can't they make the Lt Tac universal?

I swear it's like they have no idea or love for Science and the only way they know to handle them is either shove a bunch of Tac slots on them or just leave them horrible.
Post edited by lianthelia on

Comments

• Options
    dabaddabadabaddaba Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm actually more disappointed about the fact the ship doesn't have a second lt commander. I was hoping in a set-up similar to the one they gave the guardian, with the lt tac made ensing and either the lt sci or eng made lt commander.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm a little disappointed with the layout. No universals, almost all new ships have universal boff slots now. They hyped up this ship and its honestly nothing special... the vesta line is still superior to this thing. I'll pass...which is sad because I love canon ships. :(
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not at all, I find it quite interesting myself. Not every ship needs to be alike and not every ship must have a universal station or bust.
    Besides, they're calling it "Experimental Science Vessel", so the heavy Tac/Sci layout may have something to do with this as well. Plus it gets the secondary deflector. And the layout is not bad IMHO, I'm actually looking forward to one of these for my newest Sci.
    As someone with most Fed. chars that are Sci, I completely understand what you're getting at - and the truth is, what you're expecting is not this ship. Probably a future one.

Consider that they're playing with a lot of layout combinations and what you're looking for is probably being considered for a future ship they'll release. Not every ship can satisfy everyone's expectations and apetites.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree that the LTCDR Tac slot is TRIBBLE. It should have been either Engineering or Universal. Similar with the console layout. Either 5 Sci, 3 Eng, 2 Tac, or 4 Sci, 4 Eng, 2 Tac.
  • Options
    dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited September 2014
    Of the 4 ships revealed today I think Cryptic really nailed the Fed Guardian Cruiser and the Romulan Aelahl Battlecruiser.

The Maha Raptor not so much and the Dauntless Sci ship seem to be the worst ship in the expansion.

My Sci flies 3 ships. LRSV, Vesta Recon & Atrox. At T6 I'll still be flying those as FT5U.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nope. Was never going to buy it no matter what layout/stats it had. So not disappointed at all. Just another Fed cruiser as far as I'm concerned. Boring.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Its a wonderful ship. One of the best layouts they did for t6. If you want sci heavy garbage collectors, there are already a ton abaiable.
  • Options
    mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am really annoyed that it doesn't have over 9000 fore and aft weapons also a button of instant wins!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,418 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I mean I've always thought the ship is kinda ugly but if it had decent stats and what I was looking for in a Sci ship I'd buy it.

But it doesn't...because Cryptic decided to make it a pure lame Tac Sci...which there are already plenty of options for.

I mean all the other T6 ships have a universal slot...most a LT...why can't they make the Lt Tac universal?

I swear it's like they have no idea or love for Science and the only way they know to handle them is either shove a bunch of Tac slots on them or just leave them horrible.

LtCdr Tac and Cdr science is a very good combination. Not to mention the console.
    I think this vessel is just fine and depending on the cost I'll probably purchase it.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Anyone else sad about the stats on the Dauntless?

I'm far too busy laughing at it to be sad about it. Maybe once the laughter settles, eh?
  • Options
    neosagaraneosagara Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well for me the Dautless is a good one. I can go more on Tac as support so my Main Sci can go as a healer Drain ship and the secondary is for STF with good teams where no Healer is needed.
    I like her. But I can understand that the Dauntless is nothing for pure Sci's.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The layout makes no sense. The Dauntless was identified as having less firepower than an Intrepid class ship. Turning this thing into *another* default tac/sci hybrid only caters to Cryptics unimaginative content centered around damage dealing nothing more.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OP maybe they'll fix it at T7
  • Options
    thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The layout makes no sense. The Dauntless was identified as having less firepower than an Intrepid class ship. Turning this thing into *another* default tac/sci hybrid only caters to Cryptics unimaginative content centered around damage dealing nothing more.

You do realize that this is not the same Dauntless? Plus the whole concept of this ship was to appease ppl on the forums that kept posting "I want the Dauntless" threads.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thegcbacon wrote: »
    You do realize that this is not the same Dauntless? Plus the whole concept of this ship was to appease ppl on the forums that kept posting "I want the Dauntless" threads.

I do realize it and I know that's the reason. There is no in-universe reason for the ship to even exist, but not making it like anything the canon reference shows and just make it to appeal to a "want want" crowd is just sad.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thegcbacon wrote: »
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I do realize it and I know that's the reason. There is no in-universe reason for the ship to even exist, but not making it like anything the canon reference shows and just make it to appeal to a "want want" crowd is just sad.

Agreed. I am one of those "want want" people. However, I do believe that it should at least have SOME rational based on the original "alien" ship. Hence why it should be a Sci/Engineer hybrid rather than a Sci/Tac since the Rhode Island was suppose to fill that role.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Its a wonderful ship. One of the best layouts they did for t6. If you want sci heavy garbage collectors, there are already a ton abaiable.

It's funny to me...how many people saying it should keep its build...well I'm asking for a Universal slot like many others are and every other T6 ship got. Turning one of those Tac slots into a Uni wont hurt the people who want Tac so badly.

What I find really funny is if people are so concerned with DPS then you wouldn't even be flying a Sci ship in the first place.