test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jem'Hadar Mark XII Space Set Club

illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
edited October 2014 in PvP Gameplay
I figured I'd make a post about this, because of recent developments over in the tribble forums, and to let everyone in the club know that Cryptic really appreciates your monetary contributions, and that's why starting with the Delta Rising launch, the set you paid to upgrade is, 1, going to be acquirable through the new upgrade system, and 2, the improved set bonus for the mark 12 version? Nah, it's going back to the mark 11 set bonus because they're making set bonuses apply even if you have different item marks in the set. Borticus has said in his official capacity that it is 100% totally impossible for them to ever make set bonuses change depending on item marks so get used to the suck.

Well okay I added that last part in, but that's the sentiment that he seemed to be conveying.

Since all value will be going out of the thing come Delta Rising launch, I'm going to head down to the queues later with my soon to be hilariously nerfed Jem'Hadar space set and get some pews in for old time's sake.

Hope to see you all there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    well they have done something like this before with the nukara 150 lobi set then made it a rep item for about 32 34k dil in total gave it a little nerf along the way, now if only they could nerf and fix a few 80(ish at last count of everything) exploits and bugs and do something useful
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    always seemed like a bad deal, cause the gear was never good. deflector was only handy in snoopering. so, not surprised when the bad investment gets totally null and voided. but hey, if your some how were possessed to upgrade this sub par set, you get saved a bit of time!
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Simple solution... ask them to change all MK XII in the game to prototype MK XII... and have the ferengi collector refund you have half the LOBI they cost.

Then if it really bothers you you can cash it in... and going forward you can put a set on that is in fact useful. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I bought the jem'hadar mk XII from lobi for the extra stealth detection, i'm feeling scammed (more than usual..)
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Ever seen a jem hadar dreadnaught with full jem hadar sets, all jem hadar themed? It's awesome.

As player of such a Dreadnaught with all the Jem'Hadar and Dominion stuff, I can only agree to that statement.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited September 2014
    playhard88 wrote: »
    I bought the jem'hadar mk XII from lobi for the extra stealth detection, i'm feeling scammed (more than usual..)

ToS = Terms of Scam.

you pay 50 euros for a triple A title like GTA 5 and get tons of content .You pay hundreds of euros in a MMO which has pretty much the same stuffs and you get absolutly nothing....not even respect.Greed is so visible thats not even fun.
  • Options
    captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As a pilot that is known for PvPing in a dreadnought with this set, I can only silently rage at them for doing such an act. Seriously guys... couldn't figure out a way to scale the traits? You did it with the old sets.... This just totally baffles my mind.
  • Options
    stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hmm...
    I just upgraded my unused jem set. (lobi).
    Figured it might come in handy if we ever get the season that brings our other ships into the mission.
    Not sure exactly why I chose to do it at this point in time, other than was afraid I would lose the lobi upgrade ability with possible dr changes.
    Does that make me a member atleast?
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    focslainfocslain Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well for those that paid for the set upgrade (I am in that boat) I can see why they don't scale the set bonus. It comes from the fact that different marks still give the bonus. So either they have it that all part of the set have to be of the same mark (like the old borg ground stuff before the rep system) or they don't scale the bonus and allow for mixed marks like planned.

This is to avoid some from taking single a MKIV and getting the high set bonus with the rest being MKXI.

Honestly from memory all the attack powers and most of the flat number bonus scale based on skills and console upgrades. So you could just upgrade the correct sci/tac console to boost it's abilities like it should be doing now.

The fact that we paid to upgrade a MKXI to MKXII is so we had it months ago when the option was given, we paid for a head start.
  • Options
    captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm totally not feeling this whole change thing. If it isn't fixed, it might put me over the edge and make me want to quit playing. It is a matter of principle. That upgrade was not cheap and to just create a system that allows for upgrades so easily and then take a nerf to the set when it wasn't even OP to begin with makes me just angry to no end. I'm tired of Cryptic making something only to nerf and replace it later. If it were once in a while, although people would be angry, it would eventually pass. Right now, they have a habit of doing it and I know I'm finally tired of it.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would feel betrayed by them doing this but honestly wso many things have happened like this to where I have been numbed.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Aw, I hadn't even considered that the set bonuses might be static, nevermind nerfed. :(

I had been thinking "Hmm, maybe I'll go back to the set if I the upgrade from Mk XII to Mk XIV increases the Polaron bonus."

I hope they bring the free set up to the Mk XII set bonuses, at least.
  • Options
    azeda1azeda1 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have the uppgraded sets, both ground and space and i have a question..

I always thought you where suppsed to get the costume unlock for your toon, but i cant find it... Could someone please help explain how i can get it..?
  • Options
    manlosmanlos Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well i hope this are not the final stats....

http://de.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35dcbko&s=8#.VCRR7hZLBwg
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I own the lobi upgraded set also. But oh wow, WTF...
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    teuteburgteuteburg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi!

This is not fun!

I upgraded the Jem Hadar set on 2 of my Chars:

-tac because I own all Jem Hadar stuff with that toon
    -sci because of decloaking

for my Sci it does not matter, but I am pissed for my tac :/

I still fly full Jem Hadar Set on my Dreadnought and I do not
    see a point why I should give this up....

So please upgrade the set-bonus to that Mk XII stats.

Greetz Siegfried

PS: I also own 3 upgraded Jam Hadar Ground sets....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Did you hear anything from cryptic about this? No damage control as of yet?

Nothing yet.

1) The engine's stats are broken (flight speed and turn rate)
    2) The old stats that used to scale when going from mk XI to MK XII were frozen (in other words, they gave those to the mk XI set and they don't scale anymore).
    3) They nerfed the weapons power boost on the engines.
    3) The mod they decided to give to the deflector at UR is junk. +10 stealth detection skill is garbage. A bonus to any of the existing skills in the deflector would have been better.

Word to the wise, don't even bother pressing that upgrade button, you'll ruin your set pieces. Wait for a fix if we ever get one.
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You guys are really something.

Is this acually worth discussing?

Over a year ago you bought a new toy knowing exactly what it was and how it would work, you complain a year later about being ripped off, and now you find out this same antiquated toy will be available at the fraction of the cost.. and you are mad? Bro? RLY?

If that is the way buyers remorse works for you, do yourself a favor. Stop spending money.
  • Options
    stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm totally not feeling this whole change thing. If it isn't fixed, it might put me over the edge and make me want to quit playing. It is a matter of principle. That upgrade was not cheap and to just create a system that allows for upgrades so easily and then take a nerf to the set when it wasn't even OP to begin with makes me just angry to no end. I'm tired of Cryptic making something only to nerf and replace it later. If it were once in a while, although people would be angry, it would eventually pass. Right now, they have a habit of doing it and I know I'm finally tired of it.

Really, this is nothing, especially when you compare it to things like the "the great rep trait rip-off."
    You really can't expect anything you invest in, to be worthwhile in the future.
    It's pretty much a proven fact that anything you earn or invest in,
    could be taken away at any moment.

westx211 wrote: »
    I would feel betrayed by them doing this but honestly wso many things have happened like this to where I have been numbed.

Really agree here. I expect nothing good. And when I do, I know it will eventually be tainted.

pulserazor wrote: »

Over a year ago you bought a new toy knowing exactly what it was and how it would work, you complain a year later about being ripped off, and now you find out this same antiquated toy will be available at the fraction of the cost.. and you are mad? Bro? RLY?

If that is the way buyers remorse works for you, do yourself a favor. Stop spending money.

"Is this acually worth discussing?" Yep. Knowledge is power. hehe

"and you are mad? Bro? RLY?" Not anymore, "numbed" is the word...lol

"Stop spending money". OK, consider it done.
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maxtboommaxtboom Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pulserazor wrote: »

You are really something yourself. Love your attitude. I can only hope that PWE has an eye on this topic and recruits you for their customer service hotline. Or better yet, start your own business, you really seem to have the brains and mindset for that. Cause, pissing off customers has always been and will always be the no.1 keystone for running a successful company. The more you take away from them after they've purchased something, the better!
    It'll make customers come back for more. They be stoopid like that. :D

Seriously though, it's things like these that have kept me from paying for the game for quite some time now and will continue to keep me from paying. I bought keys with real money just for the lobi to get this set. Doesn't matter if it was worth it, I was still very new to the game and I liked it, I paid for exactly those bonusses. Now it's getting crippled and what I paid for will be gone completely? And not even the slightest concession from the developers' side? Something like: Sorry, here's (part of) your lobi back. Or: Here's the epic version for ya.
    Something?
    I can't sponsor such carelessness. So yeah, stopped spending money a while ago. Which is sad, cause I'd really like to, but nah...can't...
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    I figured I'd make a post about this, because of recent developments over in the tribble forums, and to let everyone in the club know that Cryptic really appreciates your monetary contributions, and that's why starting with the Delta Rising launch, the set you paid to upgrade is, 1, going to be acquirable through the new upgrade system, and 2, the improved set bonus for the mark 12 version? Nah, it's going back to the mark 11 set bonus because they're making set bonuses apply even if you have different item marks in the set. Borticus has said in his official capacity that it is 100% totally impossible for them to ever make set bonuses change depending on item marks so get used to the suck.

Well okay I added that last part in, but that's the sentiment that he seemed to be conveying.

Since all value will be going out of the thing come Delta Rising launch, I'm going to head down to the queues later with my soon to be hilariously nerfed Jem'Hadar space set and get some pews in for old time's sake.

Hope to see you all there.

I do not understand (may be because my english is not good enough)...

Are you saying that if I have the mk ii set, its bonuses will be nerfed to mk xi? or just "if you upgrade the mk xi set you will always have the same set bonuses of the mk xi set?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves