test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Borg Rep Weapons

damainxdamainx Member Posts: 90 Arc User
Just curious if there will ever be other Borg beams and or cannons in the Omega Rep system?
Post edited by damainx on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't think they will revisit old reputations, though I never understood why the task force omega issues lame antiproton weapons instead of canonical weaponry.

For instance: Modulating frequency phasers, as seen in the TNG remastered Blu-Ray edition ( scroll to the bottom of this comparision on EAS: !Click! ). Those beams would fit the idea of a Borg task force, the orange/blue alterning beam looks nice and could be made green/red for remodulating disruptors as well.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think I still have some [Borg] weapons, do those count?
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My main still uses [Borg] DHC, a [Borg] antiproton pulsewave and all my characters use either mk XI or XII omega rep ground sets.

They should revisit old reputations. There's no reason for any of them to ever become obsolete. They're all specialized but I feel like reps like Nukara are of little use.

What I really want them to revisit is the Omega torpedo. I've gotten amazing high yield crits (like over 80k damage, I think even 97k once) but it's not worth using just for a chance at a high yield crit when you have gravimetric, bio molecular and romulan hyper plasma now.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ive thrown my old ap mk x [borg] cannons out just the other day for phased biomatter cannons, it still needs some work to get right, but its a leap up in attack power one of my old toons desperately needed.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Heh... I would love for them to Remodel the FED MACO Sniper Rifle, while the front opening up is nice the model is self is to clunky and chunky in its feel and look. IMO its just ugly. Newer weapons look great though. Just seem more detailed.

As for Old/er REP System. I think they should add more stuff... why not(overall). Easy kontent plug. They did add a DOFF or something to the Borg thing(around the romulan plug) -not that I used it, was Dil Price Heavy I think

Most Rep Gear is Dil only, pity it doesnt reduce the Dil price and add said Rep Mark to "balance" it out a lil more.

Only thing missing sides that is a Romulan Suit/PowerArmor that the rest seem to have.