test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plasmonic Leech Inquiry

stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
Does this console activate on hit? If so then a cannon will activate it more than a beam array (especially with rapid fire), right :confused:
1686is5.jpg
The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
Post edited by stolts on

Comments

• qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stolts wrote: »
    Does this console activate on hit? If so then a cannon will activate it more than a beam array (especially with rapid fire), right :confused:

its relative to time attacking..

you gain a stack every x period to a max of y stacks, the effect persists for a short
    duration after you stop attacking, usually long enough for you to get onto a new
    target, at which point it will then just refresh itself.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It has a maximum of 8 stacks. I thought it was one activation per firing cycle?
  • stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    qziqza wrote: »
    its relative to time attacking..

you gain a stack every x period to a max of y stacks, the effect persists for a short
    duration after you stop attacking, usually long enough for you to get onto a new
    target, at which point it will then just refresh itself.

Ah ok. And the max stack increases by the Flow Capacitor skill.
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    It has a maximum of 8 stacks. I thought it was one activation per firing cycle?

it's per hit like every other console but it really doesn't matter because it's capped at 8 and applies fast.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    It caps at 8 and beams or cannons will make it stack. The speed is irrelevant.
    edited September 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    I thought it was one activation per firing cycle?

I thought this too. And that there was no max stacks because of the effect lasting 15sec per activation. So essentially the limit on stacks depends on how many activations you can maintain in 15 sec. That's why my question was what constitutes an activation, when a weapon activates (regardless of hit or miss) or when a weapon hits (makes sense since if it misses how can it siphon?)
    1686is5.jpg
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    It caps at 8 and beams or cannons will make it stack. The speed is irrelevant.

If it caps at 8 then what does Flow Capacitor do for this console? Raise the cap? Or increase the amount per stack?
    1686is5.jpg
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stolts wrote: »
    If it caps at 8 then what does Flow Capacitor do for this console? Raise the cap? Or increase the amount per stack?

it increases how much each stack drains the target and how much extra power you get per stack.
    edited September 2014
    Thank you everyone for your input. Saved me a lot of ISK that would have gone to buying consoles just to test out :D
    1686is5.jpg
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Other stray question.

What's the minimum number of energy weapons needed to max the stack?
  • adarkrogueadarkrogue Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Question: If I'm planning on using Plasmonic Leech with points in Flow Cap and maybe one or two Flow Cap consoles.... do I really need any skill points in areas like engine, shield, weapon, auxiliary performance? Or would those points work better in other slots....

Thx
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Read the fine print. Many of those skill banks are only +power "at low levels" -- so when you're below 25 power in a given power bank.

Skill points in these particular skills are pretty much thrown away. Nowadays you'll never be that low, and even skills that grant a flat bonus only reward you with a small amount of power in any given power bank. There are better ways to boost power, be it with consoles, set bonuses, boff skills (EPTs, A2Bats, etc).

In all honesty, outside of Warp Core Potential I wouldn't put too many points into those +power skill points.
    edited September 2014
    neomodious wrote: »
    Other stray question.

What's the minimum number of energy weapons needed to max the stack?

I can max the stacks with my USS Belfast's Phaser Quad Cannons. The bonus each stack grants depends on your Flow Capacitor skill.
    1686is5.jpg