test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Music

lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
There is a new expansion coming out, need I say more?
Post edited by lystent on

Comments

• Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes, you need to say more, since i have no idea what the purpose of your post is... Music? Yeah, what about it?

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Friends tell me they found new music in some of the new content.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Friends tell me they found new music in some of the new content.

Oh good... I was worrying there.
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We got new music with LoR, and it was awesome, so new music in Delta Rising is conceivable.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hope it includes some of the epic soundtracks from Cryptic/Atari's old games such as Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer.
  • Options
    leighandrew12leighandrew12 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    I hope it includes some of the epic soundtracks from Cryptic/Atari's old games such as Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer.

Wrong licence...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Exposing fakes since 2374
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey, ashkrik, did they say what the music they found sounded like? I mean, are we just getting more techno/electronic music like we've had or are we finally getting instrumental/orchestral scores worthy of Star Trek?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The new Delta Rising music sounds reminiscent of The Simpsons theme... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    The new Delta Rising music sounds reminiscent of The Simpsons theme... :rolleyes:
    You know... if you did an orchestral version of the Simpsons, slowed down and with the tempo tweaked... I could see that working as a Star Trek theme!
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wrong licence...

Isn't Cryptic and the STO facebook page promoting Neverwinter Online? Doesn't the T1 Kumari come with the Neverwinter Online kickstarter pack? So shouldn't that mean that Neverwinter is a franchise much like Star Trek is? Granted, is it a subset of the Forgotten Realms franchise, which is a part of Dungeons and Dragons, owned by Wizards of the Coast which is a subsidiary of Hasbro?

While I could understand that Red Wizards, Witches of Rasheman and the like could never make an appearance in STO (theme conflicts aside), I doubt that trademarking extends to the music unless it is a specific theme such as the Star Trek overture theme.