test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher ads

krog11krog11 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
ok....it's time to quit pushin delta ads every 30 minutes.....we know it's coming....and only ******* will waste real money on the new TRIBBLE that will be obsolete in 3 months....give it a rest
Post edited by krog11 on

Comments

• Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    krog11 wrote: »
    ok....it's time to quit pushin delta ads every 30 minutes.....we know it's coming....and only ******* will waste real money on the new TRIBBLE that will be obsolete in 3 months....give it a rest

ummmm thats always there, whatever the newest game releases that are going to be released, are in the launcher
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ok....it's time to quit pushin delta ads every 30 minutes.....

Huh? Must be something you "lucky" Arc users get. I don't see anything while I'm playing. :cool:
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Huh? Must be something you "lucky" Arc users get. I don't see anything while I'm playing. :cool:

he's talking about the announcements on the launcher.
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OH ffs really now were complaining about the launcher oh lord
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    lovegun154lovegun154 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Cryptic has to make the money. Besides, the ads on the launcher are really not that intrusive, considering the fact you just have to hit the play button to lose them.
    Your Friendly, Semi-Casual, RP-savvy, KISS Fan, with a Half-Cardassian toon.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wildweasal wrote: »
    OH ffs really now were complaining about the launcher oh lord

Really? That's it? The left side window you see for 5 seconds while you "Engage"? And I thought I complained alot. :D
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Really? That's it? The left side window you see for 5 seconds while you "Engage"? And I thought I complained alot. :D

personally I just set the quick start under 'options' and don't even need to click "Engage", once I have clicked the play button in Arc I can go and make a cup o tea and by the time I get back the character select screen is up.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited September 2014

never underestimate the ability of people to find something to complain about :P

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    rynohawkrynohawk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2014

WTH, you just sit there and stare at the launcher??? :confused:
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is he talking about the box above the 'visit the gateway' button? It used to have five links to different news articles in it, now it's five different links to buy the delta pack. Not really a big deal compared to a lot of other issues in the game, but it IS a bit obnoxious.

Edit- Reading again I don't think he is. Still, whatever, not like I spend much time on the launcher anyway.
  • Options
    leighandrew12leighandrew12 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Seriously who pays attention to ads anymore? Arn't we all desensitized by now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Exposing fakes since 2374
  • Options
    ttepe1ttepe1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can't believe your complaining about something that you can get rid of with a click of your mouse in 10 seconds max.:eek:
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ttepe1 wrote: »
    I can't believe your complaining about something that you can get rid of with a click of your mouse in 10 seconds max.:eek:
    I have to agree. Exactly how much time does someone spending looking at the Launcher? Type in your password, hit enter, click Engage and you are going into the game.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.