test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official New Delta Quadrant Mission "The Dragon's Deceit" Feedback Thread

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Please use this thread to post all feedback and bugs found in the new Delta Rising Mission"The Dragon's Deceit".

New Delta Quadrant missions!
  • “The Dragon's Deceit”
    • This mission follows “Capture the Flag”

Known Issues:
  • Newly released content are not in a final state.
    • This includes Cutscenes, text, rewards, and art.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Fun little mission, being a sneaky sneak is a nice change of pace

And the plot twist at the end... Well lets just say I didn't see that coming :cool:

I got overwhelmed by the 'bugs' on elite setting, they might need to be toned down a little on elite but other than that it was a good mission (not counting tonight's DCs) :D
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    even on normal that end battle was tough. got insta killed by the initial swarm, and had to let that allie dry most of the argo wile i sniped at the rest. seems balanced for an away team encounter, not a lone captain.

zipline was cool, and all the new animations that would have bee needed for this mission, this one must have taken a LOT of dev time. hope you can get a lot out of them in the future. but there never really felt like there was any danger of being discovered. other then stealth module, there really isn't a sneak mode in this game, probably did the best you could wit what ya had to work with. sneaking around in orbit was fun though, lots of good multi choice, and even some bad end.

apparently season 1 tng+ voy=DR lol. now that was left field. was racking my brain to think of a canon reason why dude was so strong in the last mission.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I got overwhelmed on normal...

Was not expecting to see them "burrowing" out of a metal grate.

and that spray attack was knocking me down quickly.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • nettoazurenettoazure Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Got killed pretty fast by some "bugs." :D

Also it's interesting how Security team doesn't work when you go into the area...but the workaround is using Security Team outside and then let them follow you in. XD

Anyways, love these little buggers. I like it when stories incorporate that kind of plot twist. :P
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i got cut down so fast by the ravager bug i didnt get a chance to respond before it killed my toon, any further attempts were met with not much success, the attack of that creature needs to be adjusted for sure.

when leave the planet after that fight, and warping to the outskirts of the system before delivering tuvok to his ship, the background stars are shaking and on top of that there is no marker to show where to take my ship to deliver tuvok to voyager.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well that was quite a plot twist.

Some of the rappels need tweaking, they clip through the terrain in some points. Also the creatures at the end need some re-balancing. Once they spawned, they literally killed me in 3 seconds. :eek:
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Haven't played it but I'm assuming the "Iconians" we've seen in game so far are actually vaadwaur who discovered and hijacked the Iconian network... and are posing as Iconians to gain the loyalty of the servitor races.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That was a lovely change of pace. Enjoyed it a bit, felt like playing a Thief a bit. :D
    Also, love how the plot unravels itself, and that nothing is as it seems to be. Can't wait for next installment... :D

The fight at the end can surely be a tough one for anyone who's not geared towards survivability & is not exactly geared well for ground missions. I personally didn't have much troubles; and I'm curious on the balanced on Elite.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    For everyone that is having a tough time with the bugs, which difficulty mode are you playing on?
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited September 2014
    First things first:
    Normal difficulty: Bugs killed me initially , but I respawned and had no major issues tbh.

Found no bugs of the code related kind, only some minor issues with cutscenes and a NPC reappearing in an odd place after using the zipline.

It's a really <3 mission, great environmental art.

Liked the puzzles and that, but some things were not up to the high standard of the mission:

- Vaadwaur Commander battle, where the crab-thing escapes from the dead Commander:
    "Keldex", the bodyguar NPC, is always blocking view in the cutscene.

- The very same is appearing right before the player after using the zipline to go down. Should rather appear near the zipline and start walking there if there is no way to make him go down the zipline.

I was also surprised by this parasite species, very nice twist and fight. And yeah, the first wave can kill unsuspecting and unaware players, but it is by no means a difficult fight nevertheless.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For everyone that is having a tough time with the bugs, which difficulty mode are you playing on?

Normal. I got sprayed with some gunk and was torn to pieces in seconds! :P Once I respawned and flanked them, I was able to defeat them normally.
  • azmodeasazmodeas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    great mission, we need more of this style / design in sto. Bug wise only trouble I had was at the end of the mission. where were supposed to redevous with Voyager to transport tuvok to his ship.... the ship voyager didnt' show up nor where they any sort of inddicators on the map to help give you a hint on where to find the ship. I ended up having to exit the system then come back in . repeating the exit / rentery to the system seven times before voyager would appear, allowing you to complete the mission.

Apart from that little hitch at the end. I quite enjoyed the mission. being a sneaky stealthy mission was alot of fun. the grapple gun was very nice toy to use.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just completed the bugs part on normal. The problem is just getting overwhelmed initially. Luckily this was on my Eng character and I could make enough turrets and a healing station, however I expect other classes might suffer.

Edit: Finding Voyager at the end is a pain the a$$ - a marker is definitely required.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    longasc wrote: »
    First things first:

- Vaadwaur Commander battle, where the crab-thing escapes from the dead Commander:
    "Keldex", the bodyguar NPC, is always blocking view in the cutscene.

- The very same is appearing right before the player after using the zipline to go down. Should rather appear near the zipline and start walking there if there is no way to make him go down the zipline.

Thanks for the feedback! All of our cutscenes are getting iterative passes to really polish them up, so those issues you've mentioned will definitely get resolved.
    edited September 2014

was playing on normal.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I didn't have any difficulty on normal with the "bugs" at the end. They were a surprise, but nothing I couldn't handle.

But great mission, and yeah, I didnt expect that plot twist either, my jaw just dropped :)

There are a few bugs

* When descending, several times your character does appear "inside" the rocks, or has their legs when zipping along go through objects

* Cutscene, that Voth NPC doubles up in the cutscene, there is the normal one who does the cutscene reactions, then their is like another NPC one that just stands there.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • ravenofborgravenofborg Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mentioning again that at the end Voyager has no waypoint.
  • inhumanekitteninhumanekitten Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have warped out and back in dozens of times to try to get Voyager to appear at the end, but it won't.
  • ereiidereiid Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1) Quite a bit of clipping into the environment on several zipline routes - too many to point out.

2) Delay on temporary 'despawn' for Bluegill tunnelers (someone help me with the name?) made for no small amount of wasted time trying to change targets.

3) Waypoint for Voyager in epilogue would be helpful; for others unable to find it, it turned up for me towards the Southeast in the asteroid field.

All-in-all, a taut mission. I get that the feeling of stealth-type games is elicited, if not the exact mechanics. Will need to rerun to purposefully try and incite all the aggro to check for failure conditions.
    edited September 2014
    voyager is the opposite end of the field you appear in, sort of behind your ship and slightly to the right depending on your camera angle, just go through the rocks with the longest travel time, you should eventually see voyager circling.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Finaly get to see what is going on with the parasites from TNG Conspiracy. Saw that bug jump out of his mouth at the end, before the final boss, and was like, YES!!! The final boss that pops out of the Vaadwaur, needs to have some more gore to it like in Conspiracy, before the edited version.

Yeah, I get the point of keeping the game T, but how is this still a T game when the amount of enemies we've killed is nothing short of genocide?

I kind of get the point of the grapple guns, but un-needed. Though it did make me feel like Batman.

As for the part of "sneaking up" on the Vaadwaur guards, where is the sneaking part if we have to blow them away instead of just knocking them out? Are they infected with the parasites too and we can't knock them out? That just makes no sense if Tuvok is telling us to dissable them, if disabbling means put a phaser bolt through their chest.
    Mentioning again that at the end Voyager has no waypoint.

Indeed, I shouldn't have to go searching for the blasted ship in an asteroid field with no waypoint. Had to exit and re-enter the system to find it. That and Voyager itself was almost hard to spot with how dark the hull color was. It needs a waypoint and needs to be sitting still, not off on a patrol route.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mission/plot feedback:

*applauds*

-Cave interior was quite impressively done. Real improvement from STO's early days. :)

-Fantastic work with the evolved parasite design

-Great Animations (for STO)

Bugs and other stuff:

-"Disabling" vaadwuar on the consoles seemed to me a prompt for a contextual knock out, not just "shoot them!" Reword perhaps, or add a contextual, from behind, knock out.

-The friendly vaadwuar (ie. the NPC that follows you after the revelation cutscene) appeared before the cutscenes completion which incidentatly partially blocked my character from view.

-After "he" climbed down the long shaft the NPC follower was still behind me. Didn't result in issues at the bottom, just "takes you out of the experience" as with the above glitch.

-His left hand wasn't appropriate placed on his weapon (real shame if this one isn't fixed, looks like a very desirable lock box weapon....)

-The Bugs are a little overwhelming. It was exciting for my character (eng spec'ed for massive AOE damage) but I can easily see less appropriately equipped people struggling quite a bit too much with that fight.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I usually say "Holy bleep" to my screen unless I'm watching certain episodes of Game of Thrones, but I did when the little critter crawled out of the commander's mouth. And I too got overwhelmed rather quickly when the creatures swarmed me initially. Even the Vaaduar's sidekick got his health drained to zero during that one.
    edited September 2014
    Mission/plot feedback:

*applauds*

-Cave interior was quite impressively done. Real improvement from STO's early days. :)

-Fantastic work with the evolved parasite design

-Great Animations (for STO)

Bugs and other stuff:

-"Disabling" vaadwuar on the consoles seemed to me a prompt for a contextual knock out, not just "shoot them!" Reword perhaps, or add a contextual, from behind, knock out.

-The friendly vaadwuar (ie. the NPC that follows you after the revelation cutscene) appeared before the cutscenes completion which incidentatly partially blocked my character from view.

-After "he" climbed down the long shaft the NPC follower was still behind me. Didn't result in issues at the bottom, just "takes you out of the experience" as with the above glitch.

-His left hand wasn't appropriate placed on his weapon (real shame if this one isn't fixed, looks like a very desirable lock box weapon....)

-The Bugs are a little overwhelming. It was exciting for my character (eng spec'ed for massive AOE damage) but I can easily see less appropriately equipped people struggling quite a bit too much with that fight.

funny thing, was using dyson kit, i never stood a chance to activate it first because i was already dead before i could do much, the second time i used the same tactic and eliminated some of the smaller bugs (direct dont work, knock out the support pins and the rest comes crashing down) but that wasnt working and so the 3rd attempt i tried a last stand with the voth reg shield ability that comes with the rep and crouch, it helped defeat it from half to almost zero, shield ran out towards the end but i just hung in there, but only just.
    edited September 2014
    norcaler2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I usually say "Holy bleep" to my screen unless I'm watching certain episodes of Game of Thrones, but I did when the little critter crawled out of the commander's mouth. And I too got overwhelmed rather quickly when the creatures swarmed me initially. Even the Vaaduar's sidekick got his health drained to zero during that one.

I started screaming there (really did, but in a good/fun way). They should probably consider player response time in that fight since it was a minute before I could settle down, get out of the fetal position, start throwing mines at them. :p
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have to admit, that little bug? Did not see that coming :D and yet, the seeming invincible-ness of the Vaad from the previous mission should have tipped me off; it was perfectly re-enacted from Conspiracy

And good job on the grapple gun mechanics - other than some of the clipping, they worked pretty damn well. And the feeling of literally being above their noses the whole time is a great one
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The bug battle really felt like it was designed for a partial away team, not just a lone captain and one NPC.

Story though? Gold star. Been a long time since you managed to fake me out on a story twist. I was expecting the inevitable Iconian connection, and you faked me out. It would have blown my mind if Mindscape had left anything to blow.
    edited September 2014
    funny thing, was using dyson kit, i never stood a chance to activate it first because i was already dead before i could do much, the second time i used the same tactic and eliminated some of the smaller bugs (direct dont work, knock out the support pins and the rest comes crashing down) but that wasnt working and so the 3rd attempt i tried a last stand with the voth reg shield ability that comes with the rep and crouch, it helped defeat it from half to almost zero, shield ran out towards the end but i just hung in there, but only just.

Spastically deployed chroniton mines may be what did it for me. I think (couldn't tell for sure, too much screaming) I happened to kill the heaviest DPS monsters with the first volley but it was still a considerable fight to make it through the rest of the enemies. I was using a XII honor guard set (so I can't say that I was particularly suited for tanking) and an undine wrist lance but I doing all I could to dodge their AOE abilities so I think I can see why I might have had less trouble beyond the initial explosive luck (hunkering down might be a deceptively bad idea, I'll be trying my FED TAC with the dyson set soon to see if I can turtle my way through this fight instead.)
    hevach wrote: »
    The bug battle really felt like it was designed for a partial away team, not just a lone captain and one NPC.

Well that's what I love most about it. Its follows the shock of the enemy type reveal with a huge battle that does more to make the enemy feel dangerous than even their art design. If there were only a handful that could be wiped out with a single Oribital Assault Strike it would undermine what cryptic is trying to present with these horrifying bug monsters and though some tweaks on their offensive abilities may be in order I'd hate to see cryptic change the setup.
  • mli777mli777 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Everyone make sure this does not get mentioned in the General discussion. I would love to see how those who haven't playedTribble will react to this really great twist.
    USS Canada
    N.C.C. 171867
    Sovereign Class
    Saint John Fleet Yard
    "A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
  • gorlitzgorlitz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like the mission, it had a nice mix of new mechanics, evasiveness, and storyline. Conspiracy was one of my favorite TNG episodes, so this was really awesome for me to see. I would love to see the parasites and their story expanded in greater detail. Did I miss a part where their new technology came from?

The only issue was the last part with the bugs on normal difficulty. Once the cut scene played, I am assuming the bugs are supposed to be in the water. I was standing on the platform and the bodyguard was at the bottom of the stairs. I immediately started placing a turret, but the bugs seemed to teleport to my location and hit me with all their attacks at once. I was killed instantly. The bodyguard got aggro and could barely keep any health in his health bar.

I only managed to beat that part of the mission by respawning and picking off the bugs one by one as to not trigger the teleport issue again.