test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Word to the wise: don't buy Jem'Hadar Space Upgrade

Comments

• vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah awesome they can make special rules for the ship but not the set eh "talk about f... favoritism" to quote cookie or cake or whatever her name is from that podcast from las vegas
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    there are a lot of upset players out there at the moment one way and another, some for justified reasons some not so much so, i am afraid if you are like me and still enjoy the game we have to put this behind us, shug it off as a fact of life that nothing is perminant and the devs can change or not change anything they see fit without consideration of how it affects players, thats just the nature of the beast that is on line gaming.

just remember in future when you think of buying stuff or grinding for stuff this lesson learned, if you think what you are getting is worth the risk go ahead and get what you want,
    just remember that its not a fixed item you are getting and things can change for better or worse at any time, or not as the case may be.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Turns out that was speculation and nothing more. I tried it on tribble a few hours ago and ALL the Jem Hadar stuff will upgrade to the Lobi specs. Even low level pieces.

The last time this happened was with the Tholian set and all that happened there was the devs added a feature where you could get a few Nukara marks for it(and keep the gear).

Thanks, this saves me a lot of tribble grinding to find out before I run those annoying Jem Hadar missions for the XI versions...
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Gold might be a bit far, but if they could update the jem'hadar set to ultra violet, or keep it purple but go to maybe 13 then id be more than happy with that.

the original set was to take 11 to 12 which in fairness is a minor improvement as it is and probably was not worth the lobi price as it was, but we paid it. the cost in dilithium for equivalent items to go from 11 to 12 in game would have only been reasonable amount of dilithium anyway.

i dont think we can really ask to have an increase again as compensation that is well above the gap from 11 to 12, so gold is too much.

Having that set be slightly better again would i think be sufficient. people have still had their use out of it, and automatically have it improved which is all they paid for in the first place.

An Ultraviolet upgrade for Lobi sets would be fair from the costs I've seen. But simply starting out at MkXII is insane.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    would not put it past cryptic to charge us another 200 lobi to upgrade to mark what ever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, 200 lobi - EC - dilithium - contraband or cash

There are exact numbers for what people should be compensated with.

Don't know why this is a problem to them now, we've seen retro-active stuff with repuations before.

Chalk it up to another money prioritization guess they were in a hurry for DR
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    no then they would whine it should have be made mk 14 gold from the start... or that it is somehow a cash grab anyway. there s no pleasing these people.

Nice strawman.

All I want is the financial investment of a lobi purchase to be respected, just like they are with ship purchases.

200 or 150 lobi is not chickenfeed.

And putting the ground set on offer days before announcing how that investment would not be protected was below the belt.
  • thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    All I want is the financial investment of a lobi purchase to be respected, just like they are with ship purchases.

200 or 150 lobi is not chickenfeed.

And putting the ground set on offer days before announcing how that investment would not be protected was below the belt.

You got exactly what you paid for. Time to move on.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    If the Temporal Warfare space set can somehow be auto-elevated to at least Purple, I'll be satisfied.

it can, mark iv epic.

I still think those that bought the lobi upgrades, should get a pass to level XIV epic because they used lobi.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

edited September 2014
    thegcbacon wrote: »

That's really an unacceptable attitude to take and I don't see why you would have that attitude.
    edited September 2014
    thegcbacon wrote: »

As did anyone who acquired a lobi/lockbox ship.

Or a cstore ship.

Yet those purchases are being, at least partially, protected as we move into DR.

This is a sensible thing.

When we exchange money for zen, there is a certain amount of trust involved.

Cryptic have tried to live up to that trust vis a vis ships and other gear.

However, when they put the jemmy ground set on offer last week, knowing that purchses would be invalidated by the new system, that was a breach of trust.
    edited September 2014

Or a cstore ship.

Yet those purchases are being, at least partially, protected as we move into DR.

However, when they put the jemmy ground set on offer last week, knowing that purchses would be invalidated by the new system, that was a breach of trust.

The Jemmy ground set at least includes a costume that is exclusive. The space set, however...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Or a cstore ship.

You seem to be forgetting the Tholian mk12 lobi upgrade.... yeah... I'm not expecting much here. I spent my Lobi knowing this would eventually happen and I'm not going to moan about it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited September 2014
    You seem to be forgetting the Tholian mk12 lobi upgrade.... yeah... I'm not expecting much here. I spent my Lobi knowing this would eventually happen and I'm not going to moan about it.

I could be a lot more philosophical about it, if they hadn't offered the ground set on a discount in the full knowledge of what they were about to do.

That was a low blow.
    edited September 2014
    I could be a lot more philosophical about it, if they hadn't offered the ground set on a discount in the full knowledge of what they were about to do.

That was a low blow.
    Did they? I don't think we can assume that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Seriously?!?

The Lobi sale ended on the 15th. The Tribble forum announcement was made on the 17th.
    edited September 2014

Given the mere two days between the end of the event and the announcement, I think we actually can assume that.
    edited September 2014
    So here's my deal.

I am in a position to buy the Delta Rising pack. I'm gun shy over buying any non-cosmetic upgrades with real money after having only recently gotten the Jem'Hadar space set only to see the purchase burned by Cryptic.

I'll probably buy the Talaxian costume. I have multiple lockbox ships that upgrade to T-5U for free so I would ordinarily pass on new ships anyway although I have always liked the Dauntless.\

If Cryptic did something for people who bought the Lobi Jem'Hadar upgrade between now and DR's launch, I would buy the DR pack as a show of support. If they don't, I won't and I'm not a huge ship collector so I wouldn't buy it later anyway.

I like to send money Cryptic's way when they do the right thing. I buy and open lockboxes when I'm particularly happy with them.

But when I think they do wrong, I think the appropriate response is to withhold support and get by without purchases.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is a horrific and open insult to the people paying Cryptic's bills. If nothing else, refund us the lobi we spent on what you are now giving away FOR FREE forever from this point forward.

I'm out a lot of lobi for getting the ground and space sets just recently. Now I'm told not only was that wasted, but that everybody gets it free now and I won't get any upgrade, nor will I get a refund.

To that I can only say "eff you" and cancel my subscription. YES, I was a subscriber.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I might be angry, but I'll take this the same as I took the lobi ground set thing, as a dilithium savings. Frankly, they should have pulled the set out of there as soon as they came up with the upgrade idea last year.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I might be angry, but I'll take this the same as I took the lobi ground set thing, as a dilithium savings. Frankly, they should have pulled the set out of there as soon as they came up with the upgrade idea last year.

would have saved me 200 lobi just got the space set for my scimitar about 5 months ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited September 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    would have saved me 200 lobi just got the space set for my scimitar about 5 months ago

Bought one of my ground sets when it was on offer two days before the announcement that they weren't going to take these lobi purchases into account.

I feel more than a bit aggrieved about that.
    edited September 2014
    At least the ground set gets the costume. The space set got completely rendered worthless by this.
    edited September 2014
    A friendly update:

Okay, so you guys know how the 200 Lobi set will be the same as the one available for an upgrade price of 5000 to 20,000 dilithium in the upgrade system, making the Lobi version obsolete.

More good news:

Set bonuses will now be identical between different marks. So not only is the advantage of your 200 Lobi being washed away for a vastly cheaper upgrade but your set bonus is also getting nerfed down to the non-Lobi version of the set bonus since, in the upgrade system, set bonuses will have to be the same across all mark levels.

This means your existing gear will be:

-5% Polaron Damage
    -11 Starship Power Insulators

Antiproton Sweep
    Loses 804.9 worth of shield drain

Also note that set bonuses scale with level and not by item mark/quality, the losses from what your stats would have been at level 60 if they'd left the Lobi version as separate gear are greater than these numbers.
    edited September 2014
    that's odd. since the base stats will use the Lobi version's base stats, and not the current free version.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited September 2014
    that's odd. since the base stats will use the Lobi version's base stats, and not the current free version.

Just verified this. Crisis averted on that point. The extra stats from the set bonus just became free, that's all. ;-) Still, better than a nerf.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19289961&postcount=139

So for an upgrade that costs 200 Lobi from the Lobi Consortium, it will only cost maybe 10k dilithium or something in Delta Rising. People who bought the Lobi upgrade for the space set (which Cryptic explicitly promoted in the last few months) won't get anything for it.

So if you haven't bought the Jem'Hadar space upgrade? DO NOT. Waste of 200 Lobi and Cryptic will not be doing anything to honor or recognize your purchase there.

Thanks for the heads up. It's appreciated.

Now, I wonder how much the ground set's costume unlock is going to cost, since we'll have to buy it separately now.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014

Wait a minute. Is the set upgradable already in Tribble and does anyone have pics of the VR MK XIII and XIV and the gold XIV? I'm very curious as to the scaling up of the stealth detection and crew resistance.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "Responsible?" At Cryptic?

I'm not sure that word applies anymore. Only one person is "responsible" for 99% of the drenn that comes out of Cryptic these days, and almost all of his choices are subjective and personal. It's quite the iron-fisted dictatorship. Logic, rules, reason, or any semblence thereof, need not apply.