test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship Build Help

whiteshoreswhiteshores Member Posts: 46 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Federation Discussion
Hello all,

I had previously posted this in the Academy section, but it may better fit here.

Now that someone was kind enough to give me the Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Carrier I so wanted to fly, I'm looking for help with figuring out how to equip it, both in terms of ship gear and officers for the available slots!

I am a tactical officer, myself. Having been gone for a long time while dealing with a worsening of my physical disability, I don't have much EC at all, and the best gear I have to transfer is from my own time. I had been flying a Chimera Heavy Destroyer with a full Borg quest set and lots of cannons. Probably not the best gear to shift over, but if it works at all, then beggars can't be choosers.

Any guidance is welcome! All that I'd ask is you please remember how long I've been away. I may not remember all of the acronyms, and I'll probably have no idea as yet about where special consoles and such are earned. Thanks so much!
Post edited by whiteshores on

Comments

• Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is a link to a recent post for someone who can get some incredible results with it. It may be a more advanced build than you can make right now, but it can at least give you some ideas.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1192151
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I appreciate the guidance.

Now, to just figure out how to get anywhere on that build while simultaneously being flat broke. :)
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Flat broke? Well, if you have antiproton tac consoles already, run fluid dynamics in the borg episodes to get MK XI beam arrays on the cheap.
    Re-run the Step between stars mission to get the solanae deflector, engine and shields for free as well.
    Re-run Sphere of Influence to get the obelisk warp core and omnidirectional AP beam too.

I could mention the jem hadar set, Kurland here, but operation gamma and especially boldly they road takes far too long to run over and over again, Kurland here, unless you absolutely need those dominion polaron beam arrays and other space gear.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I was fortunate enough to encounter a kind player who is advancing his beam R&D, and had tons of rare beams he didn't need. So, he took the initiative in tossing them my way. Thank you to that player!

As has been mentioned, most of the items on that suggested build and items suggested after result from missions and reputation grinding.

Can anyone suggest wise consoles for the Narcine which can be bought on the exchange, to hold me over as I do these missions and grinding? If it helps, I don't PvP at all, so my aim is to fly solely in PvE with this ship. Tactical captain, but I'm open to creative ideas!

I've migrated my Borg set over to the ship, so I at least have that. I have the aforementioned beams, as well. I was able to mostly match Shunko's bridge officer skills, except for Emergency Power to Weapons III. Couldn't find an officer to teach that.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was fortunate enough to encounter a kind player who is advancing his beam R&D, and had tons of rare beams he didn't need. So, he took the initiative in tossing them my way. Thank you to that player!

As has been mentioned, most of the items on that suggested build and items suggested after result from missions and reputation grinding.

Can anyone suggest wise consoles for the Narcine which can be bought on the exchange, to hold me over as I do these missions and grinding? If it helps, I don't PvP at all, so my aim is to fly solely in PvE with this ship. Tactical captain, but I'm open to creative ideas!

I've migrated my Borg set over to the ship, so I at least have that. I have the aforementioned beams, as well. I was able to mostly match Shunko's bridge officer skills, except for Emergency Power to Weapons III. Couldn't find an officer to teach that.

i think you can probably find that the LCDR DEM skill will work ok.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    i think you can probably find that the LCDR DEM skill will work ok.

DEM? Sorry, still in the process of relearning the game and all of the acronyms.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    DEM? Sorry, still in the process of relearning the game and all of the acronyms.

Nevermind. Figured out what that stands for!