test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neelix Returns!

Comments

• jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No, you didn't "pour" over all that Voyager material--you "pored" over it. If you "pour" over something you risk getting it wet.

Apparently I am the last person on Earth who remembers this stuff.
    boldly-watched.png
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sthraxpwe wrote: »
    Do we have an option to airlock him? I don't want the Jar Jar of Voyager anywhere near my ship.

you should feel lucky they don't make him part of you're crew and bound, like Tovan Khev :D
  • starksto#1067 starksto Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nice work on the Neelix character and on the new background story on him.

I have been playing this game since mid 2011 and am looking forward to Delta Rising.

It's going to be epic.
    Fleet Admiral/Chancellor
    Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
    Looking for a fun and friendly fleet?
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You should do a "Neelix and Quark" costume pack for people who want to dress their characters like clowns.

Hell, throw in the costumes of the bad guys from that awful "move along home" DS9 episode and I'd probably buy it...

EDIT: Having said that I genuinely am happy that you've got Neelix. I don't really get the hate for him.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This looks great. From what I read he has good story to tell since we last saw him. Looking forward to seeing him again.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ha ha that would be great having neelix as the chef at nthe winter event having a nice warm cup of

"Something that looks like hot chocolate kinda smells like hot chocolate but isnt hot chocolate with something like marshmallows in it " :D
    Heh, this would be very fun. Especially if it gave random buffs/debuffs so you never knew if you were getting a good cup or not.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    only time neelix really failed me was when he couldnt take two ferengi on in a fight... come onnnnn they were the worst ferengi......ugggh...... otherwise, im actually looking fwd to ethan phillips in this
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The art for Neelix is nicely done. I shared an image to an irc channel and it was first in reduced size from that of the blog page. It still looked like Ethan Phillips. So the obvious features at a distance hold up.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • cellic1701cellic1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    witht he comeing of neelix comes server issues like not being able to get back into game!!!
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    How much did they pay you to say that, Tacofangs?

I mean, seriously.

I suppose if you like clowns and don't think too hard about the fact that (a) his kitchen violates literally EVERY health and safety regulation in the book and (b) he got multiple people killed through sheer incompetence, he's mildly amusing.

Otherwise, he's unbearable.

Wait you quoted from stardestroyer.net? You just earned a -1000 street cred debuff. (see tooltip)

*This will cause a drop in all believability for the next month*

:P
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • ent0c0ent0c0 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    didnt neelix have kind of a chunky side to his character on voyager? as he has gotten older i seriously doubt he would have gotten skinner......its neelix
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    neelix! woohoo!
    i reckon all fed captains should get a talaxian perma-boff a la tovan khev.
  • ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So yeah Devs, turns out, not many people like him.

If STO used Bioware's Paragon/Renegade system, I would gladly accept Renegade points if it meant never seeing Neelix again.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    I could say I am a chef without being able to do anything actually eatable.

i see that nearly every day!
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    velqua wrote: »
    I am glad to see Neelix back. He was a fun character to watch on Voyager. Too bad Janeway didn't give him a sip of her coffee. :P

I hope we get some of Neelix's dishes in the game. Even cooler would be if he were invited to the Winter Event as our chef. :)

Better him than Mister "Q is the most wonderful being I have ever known!"
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hawku001x wrote: »
    only time neelix really failed me was when he couldnt take two ferengi on in a fight... come onnnnn they were the worst ferengi......ugggh...... otherwise, im actually looking fwd to ethan phillips in this

it isnt like ferengi are weak when they want to be, the ent d crew quickly realized this in a direct fight.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    neelix! woohoo!
    i reckon all fed captains should get a talaxian perma-boff a la tovan khev.

even the tal shiar would be horrified by such torture.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think Neelix wasn't as bad as most make him - after all, a lot of blame goes to the show itself which was quite bad. The writing didn't really allow for *any* character development as everything got reset each episode (on purpose, as Brannon Braga once said. He didn't consider the audience able to follow a consistent storyline). When he had opportunity to act out a bit it was handled quite well and I like when the "funny guy" get's to have some serious and responsible moments.

As far as the visuals go, while the recreation of the show's character looks good it's a bit of a shame that STOs artist just reproduce the exact character we saw on the shows, 7of9 and Tuvok being the others, haven't seen Harry Kim's ingame model yet. I know they need to get that "recognition" effect, but they could have changed the characters a little bit, like Worf for example.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A cook so bad he made the ship ill...
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A word of warning. Don't eat the "food." :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Next time you re-watch all 7 season of Voyager (recommended before the 14th) keep this in mind. Neelix was just trying to promote himself and be something that he wasn't in an effort to get recognition and praise and have a purpose. He was a fool that tried to be everything to make himself look important to people that didn't know better. Just remember that when you watch the episodes and scenes with him in them. It'll make it better and more entertaining when you know the truth.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I think Neelix wasn't as bad as most make him - after all, a lot of blame goes to the show itself which was quite bad. The writing didn't really allow for *any* character development as everything got reset each episode (on purpose, as Brannon Braga once said. He didn't consider the audience able to follow a consistent storyline). When he had opportunity to act out a bit it was handled quite well and I like when the "funny guy" get's to have some serious and responsible moments.

As far as the visuals go, while the recreation of the show's character looks good it's a bit of a shame that STOs artist just reproduce the exact character we saw on the shows, 7of9 and Tuvok being the others, haven't seen Harry Kim's ingame model yet. I know they need to get that "recognition" effect, but they could have changed the characters a little bit, like Worf for example.
    Kim has grey streaks and looks a bit older.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ghlaghgheeghlaghghee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you have to bring back Neelix, couldn't you at least kill him quickly?

Seriously, I would rather see Wesley Crusher.
  • ghlaghgheeghlaghghee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Better him than Mister "Q is the most wonderful being I have ever known!"

You say that now, but just wait until you have to hear his irritating voice every five minutes.
  • hellstedthellstedt Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    On something completely different...

He's too skinny. He has virtually no flesh on his ribs and his cheeks. And he was too tall compared to the other characters when shown in the group pic.
  • dwatt78dwatt78 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yeah the second most worthless and annoying crew member on voyager with Kess being first. They both should have left together at the end of the pilot episode never to be heard from again. Neelix was an annoying goof with delusions of competence and Kess was so sickenly sweet as to be unbelievable as a character.