test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Diplomacy question

akneadiaakneadia Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Academy
Hi so have just reached rank 4 diplomacy. And it says I have unlocked the FDC voting system on DS9 what is that?
Post edited by akneadia on

Comments

• Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    doesn't exist anymore
  • Options
    akneadiaakneadia Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What was it?
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I think technically it still exists, but has been broken for some time now.
  • Options
    celavazmycelavazmy Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A long time ago in STO....

Rumors say that on a forgotten Starbase there was a organization called "The Federation Diplomacy Corp." Their adventures was legen....wait for it...dary. All people all through the Galaxy were inspired to follow their non aggressive way to unite the galaxy. But something terrible happened and the glorious times of the FDC were over. Their use was no more needed, although the mission wasn't succeeded.
    Some say it was time for them to change, other say the member of FDC just quit doing. But the most common believe is, that a strange power arose - a dark power from elsewhere - old scriptures say "cr-#p.c" - the decryption isn't completed yet - and manipulate the FDC not to do diplomatic missions but pew-pew.

Thats it.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    At one point, the only transwarp to be had by all was the transwarp to home base. People could earn transwarps to various theatres by diplomacy / marauding...

Feds would get K7 (KDF front) with T2, Sierra 39 with T3, and DS9 with T4. KDF got Alpha Centauri, Regulus, Beta Ursae...

The only other transwarps were available with the Excelsior... and mission transwarps weren't built yet...

To "help" the masses that didn't have T4 diplo/marauding, the FDC was implemented on DS9. During, say, the odd hours, all players with T4 Diplo/marauding could swing by DS9 and "vote" on which of the transwarp destinations would be available at the transwarp store, then, when the even hour started, the winning transwarp would be available at a store up on the promenade...

Now a days, most people don't need this option, they'll just stock up on mission transwarps and the various Rep transwarps (Defera, Taw Dewa, etc.) to get them around the galaxy in seconds... Hence it's fallen by the wayside...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The FDC vote still exists, but it has been broken for so long that it might as well not exist (think 2 years +).

A lot of the diplomatic content was deleted back when the exploration clusters were removed. Again, they had been broken for ages.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    valinsterlingvalinsterling Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    Now a days, most people don't need this option, they'll just stock up on mission transwarps and the various Rep transwarps (Defera, Taw Dewa, etc.) to get them around the galaxy in seconds... Hence it's fallen by the wayside...
    Mission transwarps? Do you mean the transwarp coils that cost dilithium to buy or is there something cooler that I'm just not aware of? I know that you can transwarp to missions for credits, but if this is something else, I want to know about it.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mission transwarps? Do you mean the transwarp coils that cost dilithium to buy or is there something cooler that I'm just not aware of? I know that you can transwarp to missions for credits, but if this is something else, I want to know about it.

nope, you got it right when you said "transwarp for credits"