test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wells PVE Help?

captcokecancaptcokecan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Federation Discussion
Hey,

So I want to make use of the Wells class ship I picked up ages ago.

I'm thinking of a Gravity Well + Torpedo (TS) based build for PVE.

Suggestions would be appreciated! Links to STO Academy, etc.

The character in question is a Sci.

I don't even have a STO Academy build up yet as I don't even know where to start except in the most general terms of GW + TS.

Thanks!
Hey I just vaped you, and this is crazy;
But here's my frequency, so hail me maybe?
Post edited by captcokecan on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's an amazing pvp ship...if you haven't tried pvp, give it a whirl with this beast.

Gravity wells, reverse tractor beams and gravimetric torps make a fun pve build. Not a dps champion but still fun.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Her is mine U.S.S. Muspelheim It's not the best build out there, but it works well enough, at the time I posted this the toon was still a bit green in the reps department.

I've made a few changes since posting this. Viral is gone, GW in it's place, added torp spread and a grav torp. Added solane warp core from the free/lobi dyson ship (adds an extra sheild heal). And will be changing tykens for something else soon. Also be adding the dyson rep gear.

Also, check out this thread, Pure Science Vessel. The OP probably has one of the best Wells in game.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    captcokecancaptcokecan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Her is mine U.S.S. Muspelheim It's not the best build out there, but it works well enough, at the time I posted this the toon was still a bit green in the reps department.

I've made a few changes since posting this. Viral is gone, GW in it's place, added torp spread and a grav torp. Added solane warp core from the free/lobi dyson ship (adds an extra sheild heal). And will be changing tykens for something else soon. Also be adding the dyson rep gear.

Also, check out this thread, Pure Science Vessel. The OP probably has one of the best Wells in game.

Thanks for the links. I'm just not feeling it, in terms of the originally posted Wells. I don't want pure science, but I do want it to have enough science (since it has the Cmdr Sci) to be a major threat to the well-being of those giant sacks of hit points we call PVE enemies.

The Pull TBR Doff dahminus mentioned sounds like fun. I really want to go with a Torp boat so I don't have to concern myself too much with Weapons power.

Does one need 3 Demeras for the GW aftershocks? Or can you only slot 1?
    Hey I just vaped you, and this is crazy;
    But here's my frequency, so hail me maybe?
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=moshpit_0

Looks like fun...not a dps racer but it's definitely gonna be a good time when your around

Cheers
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Does one need 3 Demeras for the GW aftershocks? Or can you only slot 1?
    You can only equip 1 aftershock doff. But, even 1 does a great job. Very often my GWs have spawned multiple "offspring". It's rather cool to see an entire fleet of borg spheres ping-ponging around.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    bobsisko47bobsisko47 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I built my Wells specificially against Undine just recently, but with minor adjusments she can be adapted for general enemies. I use the bio disruptors and both the enhanced bio photon torp and Grav torp for the set bonusses.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=tnelwellsundine_0

For general purpose I switch the torps and use Tachyon Beam in the empty Sci slot, otherwise Mask Energy Signature against Undine. The warp core is from the Fleet mine, sth with [W->A] and [AMP]. The Particle Generator Console is one from the Crafting system so that it has the +10 Weapons Power on use of shield heals. As for Doffs, I have aftershock GW and cooldown reduction (Deflector Officer I think).

I like the Wells and this build very much, she's nimble, fast, almost never dies, and still can give and take quite a beating.
  • Options
    keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So many bad builds together.. Would be fun crushing you guys at pvp