test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Priority One Episode 190 | Unruly (feat. CaptainGeko)

2»

Comments

• vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How do you know what I heard?

Anyway it could be 200$ or 1800$, which for some people it could quite easily be for t5u, the point is still those 8 free ships given away for free, you can't seem to handle versus paying for passive stats that require zero work.

You can try and word split up and down that all day long but between my typing and your frustation/desperation it is really necessary?

Other stuff I forgot to mention with LoR, new playable races and special reman skins for ships.

vs

The nothingness" of expansion 2 (so far).

I wasn't expecting 10, 12 or 14 free ships this time, with animations and new abilities - just saying expansion 2, so far, is budget discount coding and the notion alone of paying ANYTHING for hull or whatever hitpoints passive, is 40% insutling and 60% hilarious
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    vestereng wrote: »
    How do you know what I heard?
    because i was posting in the same thread when many people told you the 5-10 number, but you refused to listen.

but hey, if we don't need proof to post then i heard you get 2 ugrades for 1 dollar. :)
    Anyway it could be 200$ or 1800$, which for some people it could quite easily be for t5u, the point is still those 8 free ships given away for free, you can't seem to handle versus paying for passive stats that require zero work.

You can try and word split up and down that all day long but between my typing and your frustation/desperation it is really necessary?

Other stuff I forgot to mention with LoR, new playable races and special reman skins for ships.

vs

The nothingness" of expansion 2 (so far).

I wasn't expecting 10, 12 or 14 free ships this time, with animations and new abilities - just saying expansion 2, so far, is budget discount coding and the notion alone of paying ANYTHING for hull or whatever hitpoints passive, is 40% insutling and 60% hilarious
    i'm still waiting for you to explain how those ships and reman captain species helped my feddy andorian? i think i've only asked you that in 5 threads so far, but you keep on ignoring it to make points that are pointless.
    edited September 2014
    I will draw you a picture since this is obviously too abstract a concept for you, one moment
    edited September 2014
    I will draw you a picture since this is obviously too abstract a concept for you, one moment
    if the pic doesn't show how it benefitted my feddy andorian don't waste your time. i don't care that romulans got 8 free ships because i don't play romulans; and neither does most of the players.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    elijahmre wrote: »
    Wait, I'm sorry --- Maybe I'm not just too dense. Why is it bad they they want to incentivize the purchase of T6 ships? Or is it just the way he said it?

The concern is that they're focused on T6 over T5U.
    edited September 2014
    The concern is that they're focused on T6 over T5U.
    how so? they spent all the time coding for t5u. they made it possible to use all 4 advanced level buffs and space ship trait in t5u. they made it possible to use intel boffs for ground missions without owning a t6. the even made it possible to do the new content in existing t5 ships so you didn't need to buy-up at all.

of course they want people to buy the new stuff but they sure didn't try to make it necessary or they wouldn't have done any of the above.
    edited September 2014
    http://i.imgur.com/0ywSiVi.jpg

I made a model as promised so you can try to wrap your head around why you don't matter at all.

As you can tell from the model, the amount of work developers put into making 8 ships for free has no correlation between you logging in or not.

We could be in another dimension and you logging in or not doesn't matter, at all
    edited September 2014
    you are clearly in a another dimension. are you drunk today like you admitted to being in the other thread?
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    how so? they spent all the time coding for t5u. they made it possible to use all 4 advanced level buffs and space ship trait in t5u. they made it possible to use intel boffs for ground missions without owning a t6. the even made it possible to do the new content in existing t5 ships so you didn't need to buy-up at all.

of course they want people to buy the new stuff but they sure didn't try to make it necessary or they wouldn't have done any of the above.

To me it was a waste of time to do any of that. Honestly it would 'feel' no different to me if once I downloaded the DR patch every existing ship not getting a free upgrade was deleted (exaggerating).

Obviously you do not feel the same way.

Let me ask you now, what makes you argue about this so much? What compels you to go on and on about how you feel about the T6/T5U to the point where you constantly tell others their opinions on the matter are invalid?

I know you will not see it the same way I do. Time will show how the market feels about it and until then this debate is all a complete waste of time.
    edited September 2014
    You are not even trying at this point eh?

How about you just stop trolling since you clearly have zero to add to anyone or anything
    edited September 2014
    bareel wrote: »
    Let me ask you now, what makes you argue about this so much? What compels you to go on and on about how you feel about the T6/T5U to the point where you constantly tell others their opinions on the matter are invalid?
    i try to post facts that have been put into blogs, podcasts, and dev statements so that people can make up their minds without all the bs lies so many others post. i don't run around saying upgrades cost 1 buck when the blogs clearly tell us what the price range will be.

i understand that what people read here they will believe because most won't bother to listen to the podcast or read the dev blobs. and when all they hear is lies from the haters they'll believe it, even when it's wrong. someone needs to be willing to tell people that it's not all black simply because a group of posters want to overreact to everything.

and just as importantly, why do you constantly feel like you need to tell everyone they sky is falling? post after post you're just saying how much the game sucks, the company sucks, and so on. what do you get out of those posts? clearly you have an agenda here. are you functioning under some belief that if sto dies some other company will run right in to make a new star trek mmo?
    edited September 2014
    Well obviously we can only compare ships from DR vs LoR so far.

Maybe they added 10 ground outfits or abilities or animations we don't know about yet. Maybe they just had more time for LoR?

It isn't until we see everything you can do a fair comparision.

But you know we had featured episodes in the past give away whole ships just like that and we go from that, and from expansion 1, to this?

I worry.

For me personally I am at peace with staying in my original ships (double meaning) and perhaps not even visiting the new playland with insectoids with lasers but therein also the problem.

Besides the hull hitpoint passive, what is there to do? Reputation?
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    i try to post facts that have been put into blogs, podcasts, and dev statements so that people can make up their minds without all the bs lies so many others post. i don't run around saying upgrades cost 1 buck when the blogs clearly tell us what the price range will be.

i understand that what people read here they will believe because most won't bother to listen to the podcast or read the dev blobs. and when all they hear is lies from the haters they'll believe it, even when it's wrong. someone needs to be willing to tell people that it's not all black simply because a group of posters want to overreact to everything.

and just as importantly, why do you constantly feel like you need to tell everyone they sky is falling? post after post you're just saying how much the game sucks, the company sucks, and so on. what do you get out of those posts? clearly you have an agenda here. are you functioning under some belief that if sto dies some other company will run right in to make a new star trek mmo?

I offer my feedback and criticism in the hopes the game will continue to improve and continue to have new things added to it. I do not think Cryptic 'sucks', I merely disagree with the direction they take from time to time. The last thing I want is for the game or company to perform poorly which is why I give my feedback. An echo chamber of 'good job guys keep it up your awesome and all your ideas are the best ever' is not useful feedback anymore so than a vitriol hate filled rant.

As for telling the community the sky is falling, heh. It doesn't much matter what impression player's get from reading these forums. What matters is how the player base, the thousands in game, react. If they agree with the decisions made for the DR expansion they will open their wallets and purchase tons of things while logging on like crazy. If not they will do neither. DR is very much a 'make or break' release that can either grow the game, or shrink it. I want the game to grow and if DR does make it grow that would be awesome even if I do personally disagree with the details but I don't think it will.

The Cryptic F2P model appeared to be amazing when the transition to F2P occurred. It is now dated, I have seen better. Many of the details of DR are tied directly into that model. Hence my signature.

PS: Believe it or not I do not play STO because it's star trek. I play it because it is generic Sci Fi I get to fly spaceships and go pew pew.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I heard 10-15$ per ship so I was being polite before.

But just to clarify...

Passives, passive stats with no animation, in terms of work they have to do is roughly the same it takes for you to send a txt.

Animations or ship skins - 8 for free in LoR, takes WEEKS of good solid work.

So, in terms of value I hope you understand the clear picture that's forming here.

All the work went into animations of t6 ships boffs "because we wanted to sell those ships" and can only guess someone felt they were on rocky ground it being unofficial design?
    Threw everything at it but the kitchen sink

And so there is litterly nothing for t5u, character leveling or ship traits.

Not one single animation there - aka. no WORK put in there aka no VALUE for t5u, 10 character levels AND space traits. THE GOOSE EGG

SO, 1+1=2

And, yes, this is where I like to bring up the 8 ships we got for free with LoR, the amount of work and value put into that versus the goose egg this time

I'm sorry, but you're still spouting this absolute bull****? I've already slapped you down in another thread with you dribbling this very same nonsense...

If you truly think changing ships stats by adding a new trait, and it's respective UI changes, is as simple as 'opening notepad' - as you said in the other thread - you are utterly deluded...

Once again, you are actively neglecting ALL the other content being added in Delta Rising (for FREE) to satisfy what ever the one singular gripe you have is, over a lack of animations for ship traits...

Please direct me to a game which you have developed with your clearly superior programming skills (to Cryptics) as a demonstration of what Cryptic should do...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Besides the hull hitpoint passive, what is there to do? Reputation?

Put empty bottles on the ends of your fingers, clink them together, while standing in First City and crooning 'warrrrriorssss come out to playayay'?
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    Again Gecko pisses me off, like usual. Getting unhealthy now. Oh my blood pressure :mad:.
    Could you be more specific as to what "pissed" you off?

Almost everything Geko said in the few minute interview were things we already knew. I think the only new information was that Cryptic will eventually add more Sub-Classes Boffs to the game - Geko mentioned Communication and Pilot - to add more play variety. Those are things that we have speculated on since Sub-Classes were first announced.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • elijahmreelijahmre Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Finally finished listening to this.
    Elijah, get your stuff together, less emotional and unruly and more EPICNESS AWESOMENESS by accepting my challenge to your starfleet. I would very much like to blow up your federation ships. Kthanxbaiiiiiiiiiii.

I would gladly meet you on the battle field any day!! :-D
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think the multiple tiers were a mistake.

Yup .
    Not only too many subdivisions (we're at about 7 right now if I count correctly) , but balancing the game for 7 type of ships , when we previously had issues with balancing the game for 3 types of ships (T5 , T5 Fleet , Lockbox) is just a recipe for disaster .

This does not (only) stink of greed ... , it's more then that .
    It's like someone at Cryptic just gave up .

.... again ....
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    imruined wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but you're still spouting this absolute bull****? I've already slapped you down in another thread with you dribbling this very same nonsense...

If you truly think changing ships stats by adding a new trait, and it's respective UI changes, is as simple as 'opening notepad' - as you said in the other thread - you are utterly deluded...

Haha! I *knew* it was you, spewing your bile again at yet another person, before I even PgUp-ed, and saw your name. From here on in, I will simply report all your abusive posts -- including this one.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • cookiecupcakescookiecupcakes Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    NOICE! I am going to hunt you down, I will find you, I will shoot you and your ship will vaporize!

Hey if you guys really do a PVP match....... can I watch?
    EEiLA7V.jpg
  • cookiecupcakescookiecupcakes Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Welcome to join, although I don't guarantee your safety. Sometimes my combative spirit scares even me.

I know I'm excited for it ^^.
    If I do win with my raider, it will be GLORIOUS!
    Today I will /channel_join priorityone
    Ahem!

Cool! If you see me in chat, hit me up! I would like to observe and/or get killed in the crossfire!!! Sounds like fun!!!
    EEiLA7V.jpg