test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I would like to say thank you

stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
For sure there are a lot more rants and raves. Every problem you address 5 more are waiting to be done. But I would just like to take a moment to say, thank you to the developers and designers for fixing and adding to a lot of what people have been ranting and raving about. A special shout out to the designers for adding those extra bits that add up to making a place that much more "authentic". Like the dressing rooms behind the Tailor. Those don't get used often but its the small things, you know? Or the holster of the Ferengi Whip (when holstered) instead of levitating next to your waist. Even just seeing ships and shuttles pass by the window or hearing the loudspeaker stating something about the exchange. It just adds to the immersion. There are more I could point out the bottom line is thank you. So keep up the good work on adding these little bits :D
1686is5.jpg
The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
Post edited by stolts on

Comments

• Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree with this post and likewise say "Thank You!"

At first I was surprised each time I saw or heard something on one of the tv shows that was reflected by something in the game, from the STO Bajoran city's pillars being in an archaeology dig on tv's DS9, to O'Brien's mentioning the "one meter long" Talarian Hook Spider in another episode which infest STO's Drozana (and which I have as a pet for my Lethean toon).

Now I have come to expect nothing less... but even then it can surprise, such as when watching TOS's "The Trouble With Tribbles" and realizing that Cyrano Jones is very familiar... same intonation and look to STO's Horace Jones on Nimbus III.

I'm looking forward to see what they do with the Delta Quadrant!
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stolts wrote: »
    For sure there are a lot more rants and raves. Every problem you address 5 more are waiting to be done. But I would just like to take a moment to say, thank you to the developers and designers for fixing and adding to a lot of what people have been ranting and raving about. A special shout out to the designers for adding those extra bits that add up to making a place that much more "authentic". Like the dressing rooms behind the Tailor. Those don't get used often but its the small things, you know? Or the holster of the Ferengi Whip (when holstered) instead of levitating next to your waist. Even just seeing ships and shuttles pass by the window or hearing the loudspeaker stating something about the exchange. It just adds to the immersion. There are more I could point out the bottom line is thank you. So keep up the good work on adding these little bits :D

Ditto.

I'm very exited for Delta Rising and I can't wait to get my hands on the new T6 Ships and the new missions look fantastic.
  • Options
    toofdkaytoofdkay Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Stockholm syndrome !
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am looking forward to Delta Rising.. 1 month away now since it's 9.14.14 today when typing this out. I had this posted with my thanks to all those involved from marketing department, media department, project coordinators, project leaders, project managers, QA, UAT, designers, developers, graphic artist, project coordinators, network team and everyone else involved! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    toofdkay wrote: »
    Stockholm syndrome !

LOL

While I agree with the OP, this post here just made my day :D
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First couple of days I played, I decided to see what they'd done with DS9.

What put a broad grin on my face was the baseball on the desktop.

It's that sort of thing that made me buy an LTS.
  • Options
    stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    First couple of days I played, I decided to see what they'd done with DS9.

What put a broad grin on my face was the baseball on the desktop.

It's that sort of thing that made me buy an LTS.

I bought LTS cause I wanted the Jupiter Veteran belt to match my Odyssey uniform which matches the Odyssey bridge, lol :D That and the "Career Officer" title. Everything else is icying. Seeing that baseball did gave me goosebumps lol.
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.