test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kobali vs. ?

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
COLOR="Red"]potential spoilers - don't read on if you don't wish to know[/COLOR

The Kobali are under attack - but from who? There doesn't seemingly mention anywhere who the aggressor actually is, and I'm reluctant to think Borg (cause we've already got them on Defera).

The Voth and Undine - I can't see any purpose as to why either of them would specifically target the Kobali, so unless it's an Army of Ghosts (the souls of the reborn?) I'm at a loss. Surely this enemy has to be someone of significance, or worth, but at the same time, someone who has a cause to attack them.

My single thought (on potential candidates) is the Elachi. Why? Because they've been rumoured to be making a (re)appearance in Delta Rising, and taking into account the Kobali have the technology behind reanimating the dead, and the Elachi have the technology on converting the living, there's a possible link there that can be elaborated on if not directly connected.

The question remains though, if it isn't the Elachi, who are the Kobali under attack by?
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    move this to tribble general :P. dont wanna let anything leak out of tribble too quickly.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Perhaps Khazon?
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    move this to tribble general :P. dont wanna let anything leak out of tribble too quickly.

It's not on Tribble, nor is there an official release. They've already put out the post about this, so it's no sense hiding in Tribble when it's been officially released for speculation.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I could tell you, but then id have to kill you.. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• captaincrane73captaincrane73 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have issued a warning, should be good to stay now. :)
    hpgibbs wrote: »
    It's not on Tribble, nor is there an official release. They've already put out the post about this, so it's no sense hiding in Tribble when it's been officially released for speculation.
    Not yet perhaps, but I think what mirrorchaos is concerned about is that eventually these missions will find their way to Tribble before Delta Rising officially launches, and when that does, some people may wind up discussing stuff that other people aren't going to want to know until the time comes.
    You know the worst part about this? They can kill Beth, but she'd be resurrected in a new body and still have a dull as hell personality / acting ability.
  • thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My best guess atm is a form of kyn'steya resistance, given the facts about this being a ground war. Space faring races would be able to provide aerial/orbital assaults for an invasion.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    figures adoreko would post a video about it. always in the back of my mind when i came up with that comment. well you got your answer op.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited September 2014
    thegcbacon wrote: »
    My best guess atm is a form of kyn'steya resistance, given the facts about this being a ground war. Space faring races would be able to provide aerial/orbital assaults for an invasion.
    Unlikely.

I can't speak for the KDF or Republic, but Starfleet doesn't get involved in such internal politics unless it would directly threaten them (such as the Klingon Power Trip in TNG/DS9). If the Kobali Adventure zone is ground based, and it is some form of resistance, then Starfleet would be fighting with the Kobali, against the Kobali.

Kind of goes against the Prime Directive. Besides the fact, I'd think Cryptic far more creative than that.
  • thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    Unlikely.

I can't speak for the KDF or Republic, but Starfleet doesn't get involved in such internal politics unless it would directly threaten them (such as the Klingon Power Trip in TNG/DS9). If the Kobali Adventure zone is ground based, and it is some form of resistance, then Starfleet would be fighting with the Kobali, against the Kobali.

Kind of goes against the Prime Directive. Besides the fact, I'd think Cryptic far more creative than that.

Much of the New Romulus Adventure Zone was about internal politics, RR vs RSE. Maybe I've been watching too much VOY lately and expect poor writing :D
    edited September 2014
    Much of the New Romulus Adventure Zone was about internal politics, RR vs RSE.
    The RSE (or rather, Tal Shiar) were a threat though, if not directly, then indirectly due to their working with the Iconian/Elachi. Said threat to the Republic at the hands of the Elachi would eventually spill onto Earth and Qo'nos, thus it was in everyone's best interest to intervene.
    Maybe I've been watching too much VOY lately and expect poor writing.
    It is possible. ;)
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Kobali are fighting the [REDACTED]r. The [REDACTED]r seem to be the most polished NPC race in the expansion so far, which leads me to suspect that they could be the theme of a lock box in the near future...
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    The RSE (or rather, Tal Shiar) were a threat though, if not directly, then indirectly due to their working with the Iconian/Elachi. Said threat to the Republic at the hands of the Elachi would eventually spill onto Earth and Qo'nos, thus it was in everyone's best interest to intervene.

It is possible. ;)

Part of the storyline is about establishing that the Tal Shiar threaten the Federation as well, so that they are willing to help out the Romulans and Remans. So that adventure zone didn't come out of nowhere.

I don't think this one will pop out of nowhere either. It's going to be either an established Iconian servitor race like the Elachi or the Solane, or an enemy faction that pops up sometime in the episodes between lvls 51 and 54.

From what we know, the Elachi would work This is already an enemy that has been attacking colonies (not just Romulans if you go by the Elachi Survivor kit) and is attracted to Gateways. They could easily be on the Kobali homeworld because there's a gateway or because they discovered this species is better suited than Romulans to their reproduction process.

And they are a villain that attacks on the ground. They have those ships we see in space, but they send those flying things to pick up people and land troops to round them up. I can easily see a ground war with Elachi happening in-story, especially if there's a ground Iconian gateway nearby.
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I doubt its the Voth. From what we've seen they're not interested in conquest, and their current actions are based on misguided desperation. In fact from what I understand, they found the Dyson Sphere first making the alliance the agressors.

We'll never know who fired the first shot in that confilct since they never covered it.

They are already embroiled in a massive war with the Borg, canon-wise this could be portrayed as one of the biggest wars the galaxy has ever seen. The undne have also gone to war with them.

In fact, from what we've seen in game the Voth could be the main thing holding back the Borg and Undine from slaughtering everyone else. Heck, perhaps the real motivation for the iconians infiltration of fluidic space is to provoke the undine into weakening the voth further.

Their tech should be at least equal to, if not outright superior to, the iconians. I get the impression their current struggle is due to having inferior numbers, and not being willing to enslave iinnumerable races as the Borg and Iconians have done.

That said, why would a mostly peaceful race attack another mostly peaceful race? It would dwindle their numbers further (unless they're after the Kobali reanimation tech, but then why not just trade for or steal it? theyve got perfect personal phase cloaks, youd think a couple of well placed spies would be able to get the job done without wasting ships and soldiers who could fight the Borg and Undine).

My guess is the aggressor is going to be the Elachi, Undine, Kazon or (possibly) the Vidiians.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Live stream tell you who attacking them.:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • johnthomas00johnthomas00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would say, not Voth nor Borg as both of them already have ground adventure/battle zones. I would have said nor the RSE but I don't think anyone is even considering them.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Vadwaar? (sp?)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Watched the livestream, they kept saying vadwaur.....

The kobali have probably found a bunch of frozen vadwaur and thought: "Hey, all you can resurrect buffet!"

Then the other vadwaur noticed and went: "HEY that's our stash of bodies!!!"

And bam. zombi wars.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    Watched the livestream, they kept saying vadwaur.....

The kobali have probably found a bunch of frozen vadwaur and thought: "Hey, all you can resurrect buffet!"

Then the other vadwaur noticed and went: "HEY that's our stash of bodies!!!"

And bam. zombi wars.

Devs... you hear what this guy said?! We need a Zombie (non Borg) zone... the sole objective needs to be... say... barricading yourself in X location and lasting out however long you can before you...

A) Die
    B) Rage quit
    C) Log off

I give the Kobali 4 weeks before we start comparing them to the Defera.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pfft. 4 weeks. i already voted for Base Delta Zero on their worlds.... would solve so many problems in one stroke.