test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs wanting to kill this game?

giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
Weapons with Placate on them.
AoE SubNucs.
Gather Intel removing buffs.
Faehtl warbirds with OP stats and a great trait for vapers.

So after DR hits I will basically fly with 0 buffs all the time and constantly placated so nothing but a science captain will be useful in PVP.

Nice cryptic, many SC, Elite: Dangerous and Archeage Devs will have to thank you.

btw, please pve heroes don't start saying "game is perfect and PvP has always broken"etc. My Miranda could outDPS the average PuG player. No one cares about how many borgs you killed.
Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
--

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
--
Operation Dingo 1977

Post edited by giotariz on

Comments

• cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Solution is all PvPers switching to only using T2 ships, where balance actually exists.
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    YES! The Dev's are actively conspiring to kill their own vehicle of employment. /sarcasm

Why do people who disagree with something or think something should be some other way, always seem to eventually trot out this line? No rational person would actively contribute to the demise of their method of earning a living. To assume that they do so because something isn't the way you think it should be is asinine.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    corelogik wrote: »
    YES! The Dev's are actively conspiring to kill their own vehicle of employment. /sarcasm

Thay surely have no clue what they're doing. Most of them don't even lay the game itself. (according to a dev). How can someone be a good dev if they don't even play the game??
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    giotariz wrote: »
    Thay surely have no clue what they're doing. Most of them don't even play the game itself. (according to a dev). How can someone be a good dev if they don't even play the game??

Exactly!

I say it all the time. I've notice they never censor me for telling the truth... I wish they would play the game more. It would help them acquire a better understanding of things. Not playing your own game is the most novice move any Dev can make. I guess they don't have time.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    corelogik wrote: »

Why do people who disagree with something or think something should be some other way, always seem to eventually trot out this line? No rational person would actively contribute to the demise of their method of earning a living. To assume that they do so because something isn't the way you think it should be is asinine.

Gee can you say RADIOSHACK?
  • artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    giotariz wrote: »
    Weapons with Placate on them.
    AoE SubNucs.
    Gather Intel removing buffs.
    Faehtl warbirds with OP stats and a great trait for vapers.

So after DR hits I will basically fly with 0 buffs all the time and constantly placated so nothing but a science captain will be useful in PVP.

Nice cryptic, many SC, Elite: Dangerous and Archeage Devs will have to thank you.

btw, please pve heroes don't start saying "game is perfect and PvP has always broken"etc. My Miranda could outDPS the average PuG player. No one cares about how many borgs you killed.

Typical PvPer elitism. As if the game lives or dies with PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Change is scary.

If you can't handle the thought of your buffs getting stripped from you, then you're using them as a crutch.

(I agree that the whole weaponized-placate thing is dumb though. It's a self-defeating mechanic to give a weapon that proc.. which breaks on damage. It also causes more annoyance and frustration than interesting strategy and tactics - there is no counter. We already learned this lesson with the New Romulus Rep Trait, no?)
  • leighandrew12leighandrew12 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hereby dub thee thread 'Doom thread No 425,000
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Exposing fakes since 2374
  • keshmarchkeshmarch Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Instead of looking at new content that's still in the testing phase and come to that conclusion OP, the better course of action would be to post what the problems with that content exactly are and provide suggestions on what would be a more balanced version of said content.

Threads like this get us absolutely nowhere.
    Tark%20Signature_zpscmqoxjfn.png~original
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How many times i have to say you giova to stay calm and post feedback about DR in tribble forum section instead of complain about everything is a change in this game? It's a recurrent pattern in STO PvP to have a game changing once in a while, it was with LoR and it was in S6 with fleet stuff and so on, we adapted and we'll adapt to the new meta. Just judge after the release date or, at least, listen and watch what's happening on the tribble and point out what you don't like in the appropriate sections ;) Acting in this way, claiming to go elsewhere doesn't help at all...
    My 2 cents...