test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we get a good season out of delta?

omgrandalthoromgrandalthor Member Posts: 364 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Every season has wrecked pvp more! Us pvpers adapts as best as possible but it gets to the point where it is annoying.

Just test the TRIBBLE please if it makes it so a ship is disabled for a long time or does 500k damage in one hit or even bipases 100% shields and hits for 10k a sec it might be op.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thorexxxxthorexxxx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Blah blah blah...

What are you even talking about? STF's can be completed, with Optional, by a couple of comatose chipmunks. How many times can you do ISE before you feel like tearing your hair out from boredom? Why do you require larger numbers to achieve the same result? If you're going to complete queued PvE content in less than a minute, why even bother to play it? So sorry that you can only do ten bajillion deeps now instead of fifty bugillion.

This game has a good PvP basis despite itself. The space combat is paced well, has a great variety of potential builds, and most importantly, it features real enemies who can think and react as well (and oftentimes better) than I can.

PvP is still fun, it's just getting to be a chore sorting through all the stuff that you PvE types have no conceivable use for. That's the part that bugs us.

Oh, and if you think we have ANY say in how this game is developed, then why would PvP be so woefully UNDERdeveloped as you point out in your post? We've been told that we are all 14 year old minmaxers and that our chosen game mode could be deleted without significant issue. How in the world are we driving this phantom nerfbat that you're so afraid of?
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • Options
    giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    QQ

no one cares about ur borgs
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    PUNISH THE BORG.

Also dr needs to hurry up. I need aoe snb or I will fail at spacebar mashing online.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    A post of a defensive, poor and innocent PVP player

I dont care for high numbers. But I care for the fact that I worked my TRIBBLE off for this build just to find it useless a few seasons later. Of course you say the PVP is so underveloped, but its intriguing how the overall numbers were changed... how obviously OP consoles were nerfed.

Sure they were nerfed because some PVE guys were complaining they kill mobs so fast... I dont remember a single thread about that.... But I do see the PVP forum full of thoose threads.

So yes the PVPers arent the peopke to blame for the nerfing... no never... because its so underdeveloped and you dont have any say.

I kinda expected a reply like this.
    giotariz wrote: »
    no one cares about ur borgs

What Borg?

Just to add in case you think I am a PVE whiner. I can play all PVE Elite content with ease. Unlike others I dont tend to blow up very often and I am still doing acceptable DPS.

What I wanted to say is, once you found an acceptable build your tricked out a couple of months to make it work so you can play Elite content without blowing up every second and still doing a good amount of DPS, a new season hits the holodeck and everything is ruined.

I have a Science Character that was kinda OP back in Season 6 (PVP and PVE) I havent changed the build since then, but guess what this character is now somewhat useless... it cant even do Elite content properly anymore? And why? Because someone cried about some equipment to be OP.

The thing is Cryptic has two ways of modifying gear. Either they make it way to overpowered or way to underpowered. Theres no inbetween. I dont blame players for balancing issues...

But I blame whiners for unecessary changes to stuff that they feel is OP. Some NPC mobs in this game are pretty annoying (like the Voth and the Tholians) and I dont mind to have one or two OP consoles for them, but no nerf it to death so you can go look for other stuff.

I am just sick and tired to redo all my builds with every season that hits the holodeck. its annoying and expensive too.

Just wait for the whiner threads when the Delta Repu Gear hits the Holodeck. From what I see it is OP as of now. Just saying Bio Neural Gel Pack Console...

I know I am the PVE whiner now...

Just my 2 cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited September 2014
    [...]

as i said no one cares bout how good you are at pve or how pro you are with ur high leet DPS!1!1!!!!11!
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Since you are not getting what I mean its pointless to discuss here. Ignorance at Level 9000.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited September 2014
    I was once into PVP but due to the lack of a solid mechanic and people that exploited the current game mechanics I decided to leave it for good and never came back, because with every season you found your build rendere useless...

So WTF are u even doing in this thread / section of the forums, YOU TROLL...

D,
    OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    >>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    /snip

what that guy seems to forget is that any pvp'er is also a hardcore pve'er, while it barely is the other way round :rolleyes:...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    i have no idea what to say so i start insulting you.

Now, i got what you mean. problem with PvE is the borg can't complain about how this game is broken. Imagine being a player in a Pvp. Would you find enjoyable not even managing to move or aim your weapons at a target? I personally hate pve because of how stupid and repetitive it is. kill him. kill him. kill this. kill that. no challenge.

Plus, most of the PvErs just live in this forum to complain about pvpers causing nerfs. We cause nerfs because this game is so ****ing broken it can't even stay upright.

So go back to ur pve shooting borgs, no one cares about you.
    --

--
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A post of a defensive, poor and innocent PvE player.

First you say that consoles were "obviously OP". Then you complain that PvPers got them nerfed.

If they were OP, then they should be nerfed for the sake of the game, and it doesn't matter who called for it in the first place.

Also, I would prefer if you would provide an example before accusing the entire community. What console has been nerfed due to PvPers which had any point in PvE? Or a build that you had to change due to nerfs specifically called for by PvPers? Simply put, I believe you may be stereotyping.

And you know what? You yourself said

But I blame whiners for unecessary changes to stuff that they feel is OP. Some NPC mobs in this game are pretty annoying (like the Voth and the Tholians) and I dont mind to have one or two OP consoles for them, but no nerf it to death so you can go look for other stuff.

Make up your freaking mind! If something is OP, it by definition has to be changed, and it's hardly "unnecessary". Is it OP or not? You yourself said it's OP, so it's not just they who feel it's OP. Do you realize that what you're saying is essentially, "The stuff I use is OP, and it should stay OP." There's no "little bit OP". It's either OP, or it's not, and if it is, it needs balancing.

I'm beginning to think you don't understand what the meaning of OP is.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Some NPC mobs in this game are pretty annoying (like the Voth and the Tholians) and I dont mind to have one or two OP consoles for them, but no nerf it to death so you can go look for other stuff.

lol, that's sweet.
    an average pvp build can smash through every NPC. Can you say an average pve build can smash through a player?

PvE is so easy... if you have problems shooting an NPC down, then you're the problem.
    kkthxbai
    --

--
    Operation Dingo 1977

• Options
    ahilles7ahilles7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I dont care for high numbers. But I care for the fact that I worked my TRIBBLE off for this build just to find it useless a few seasons later. Of course you say the PVP is so underveloped, but its intriguing how the overall numbers were changed... how obviously OP consoles were nerfed.

Sure they were nerfed because some PVE guys were complaining they kill mobs so fast... I dont remember a single thread about that.... But I do see the PVP forum full of thoose threads.

So yes the PVPers arent the peopke to blame for the nerfing... no never... because its so underdeveloped and you dont have any say.

I kinda expected a reply like this.

What Borg?

Just to add in case you think I am a PVE whiner. I can play all PVE Elite content with ease. Unlike others I dont tend to blow up very often and I am still doing acceptable DPS.

What I wanted to say is, once you found an acceptable build your tricked out a couple of months to make it work so you can play Elite content without blowing up every second and still doing a good amount of DPS, a new season hits the holodeck and everything is ruined.

I have a Science Character that was kinda OP back in Season 6 (PVP and PVE) I havent changed the build since then, but guess what this character is now somewhat useless... it cant even do Elite content properly anymore? And why? Because someone cried about some equipment to be OP.

The thing is Cryptic has two ways of modifying gear. Either they make it way to overpowered or way to underpowered. Theres no inbetween. I dont blame players for balancing issues...

I am just sick and tired to redo all my builds with every season that hits the holodeck. its annoying and expensive too.

Just wait for the whiner threads when the Delta Repu Gear hits the Holodeck. From what I see it is OP as of now. Just saying Bio Neural Gel Pack Console...

I know I am the PVE whiner now...

Just my 2 cents.

What did you expect,use same build for 2 years.

Dude this is MMO,in every MMO builds become old overtime and need to be changed and updated.

From your posts it seems you are lazy and instead of adapting to current meta,updating your Science character and move forward,you rather prefer to whine and blame PVPers for your 2 years old build not being effective anymore.

They way i see it,it's not problem in PVPers this time,it's your problem.

You think PVPers like what is coming with new expansion,of course not,but they will rather decide to adapt and move forward or just stop play it if they can't afford it anymore.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2014

i think i found ur point :D.... ok, let me put it like this:
    i EXACTLY know what u mean, but in the end it comes down to YOU alone! f.e., i run my skilltrees for about one year now. my torp-bomber hasn't barely changed since i tweaked it a year+ ago (and there's still no need to alter it), my klink-vaper is about the same age in its curent state, as is my main.
    the only ship-builds i altered heavily inbetween has been on my main, which is because i run some more ships on him and like to try something new with old ships from time to time.

long story short:
    yes, if u want to keep top-notch (what i not even am lol) u gotta keep on par and invest some. if ur fine with having fun on builds that fit u, there's barely any need to totally change everything every 3 months (the core of my builds still is the same as when i started pewing!). only if ya out for the fotm...
    short collection of things i never really ran yet:
    - a2b
    - zipping with epte/epts cycling (or the new doff now)
    - pm with partigen heavy builds (pm not at all)
    those three i instantly can think off, probably there are more fotm builds i missed :D... and of course there are things i pick up, as long as they fit my style. just as doffed a2d for dhc-carrying boats f.e.

to quote horizon: "have fun kill bad guys". that's us! u can find us in sto-pvp-"content" ;)...
  • Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited September 2014
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited September 2014
    Btw. they should add a OpenPvP-Zone to Kobali-Adventure Zone. At least we would have a new area for PvP then.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lolz

Go back to your PvE forums where you can all talk about how you outsmarted all those spheres in ISE for the one-thousandth time.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Per the latest FCT:
    General Rage Threads
    "I hate this so everyone else should hate this too"
    "I hate this bug & I hate the devs for not fixing it NOW!"

Not liking something in-game is fine. Hating something in-game is fine. Starting a rage thread insulting staff members, products, or the companies who work very diligently to bring you STO is a violation of our TOS and will be acted on as such.

This thread fits, so, closed.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.