Intelligence Officers

Comments

• thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What about the unique boffs like the Jem'Hadar, Breen, Xindi, etc? Will we be seeing intelligence versions of them any time soon?

(I wanna see a Breen engineering/intelligence boff *cough* *cough*)

I'd happily pay dil/zen for different career versions of these boffs
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Can you also add a description for subspace beacon? At the moment the ability is listed under space but not described above.

Whoops! I'll see about getting this added into the text of the blog:

* Subspace Beacon
    -- Place a beacon at your current location. As long as you remain within a limited distance of this beacon, you may trigger the ability a second time to instantly jump to its location. Activating a jump, or moving more than the maximum distance away, will cause the beacon to expire. Although the beacon is destructible, it has a high stealth value.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just to note that the blog refers to the Resonant Tachyon Stream as the Vampiric Resonance Burst later on.

I assume the former is the correct name, as it sounds more 'treknobabble'
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • alyciatalalyciatal Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My feedback: I'd like to see Romulans excluded from being able to acquire these new Intelligence officers. I think it's a good opportunity to provide balance for the other factions against the Superior Romulan Operative Trait.
    Besides that, I think they will add some great variety and options for more fun and unique builds.

Wow, we haven't had enough exclusion from... everything?
    And I think it's in the interest of the new Alliance to simply use our superior intelligence training, it's something specifically established and one of the first reasons players choose to run a Romulan campaign!
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Awesome stuff! You guys have really stepped up your game alot in the last year... this expansion looks to me to be the best so far.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "The General Response To New Things In STO", by worffan101. Directed by Human Nature and Eye-Rolling Forum Rage.

SCENE: A news thread on the STO forums. Trendy has just announced something new.

Trendy: Hey players! Check out our cool new thing that we're introducing in the big expansion!

Player 1: ZOMG THIS IS SO OP NERF PLOX!!!!!

Player 2: This is weaksauce, why is all of this so underpowered?

Player 3, KDF grognard: Why are none of these powers Klingon-specific? WHY DO YOU FAVOR THE FEDDIE BEARS SO MUCH, CRYPTIC???

Player 4, Fed elitist: y so much sneaky klingon stuffz? i no like sneaking, i am fed, we all about exploration.

Player 5, diehard Rommie fanatic: I ACTUALLY KIND OF LIKE THIS IDEA BUT I WON'T SAY SO BECAUSE I'M BUSY USING THIS AS AN EXCUSE TO RANT ABOUT THE ROMULAN FACTION BEING NOT A WHOLE FACTION!!!

Player 6, professional troll: *insults and picks fights with players 1-5*

Player 7, mildly amused: DDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Player 8, easily lost: were do i get the deta pack? i bouht it but i cant find it in game1

Player 9: I WANT A T6 CONNIE!!!!!!

Player 10: THIS IS SO EVIL TAKING MY MONEY SO GREEDY CRYPTIC I HATE U JERKS U SUCK SO MUCH U NO GET MY MONEY I KEEP IT UNDER MY MATTRESS NEVER GIVE U ANOTHER CENT!!!!!

Player 11: Geez, why is all of this so gimmicky? We need more stuff for PVP, not cash grab gimmicks for elitist PVE DPS heroes who'll get wasted by a BoP as soon as they step foot in Ker'rat!

Me: Oh, look, new boff abilities. Cool. Might be worth it for a debuff build. *goes back to writing stories in Ten Forward and bashing random baddies in-game*
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jjdez wrote: »
    I really hope this isn't another obvious cash-grab, and more along the lines of needing some sort of expertise/reputation etc.

I'm fully expecting them to be locked behind a pay gate, likely by being in lockboxes, but maybe the c-store. Every other part of character improvement in this expansion is, so why not these as well?
  • ethangeorcethangeorc Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I mean... it's cool, but it sounds like there will be more specializations and the whole thing looks a bit clunky with those hybrids.
    I would prefer like 5th ability as specialization, or better yet just add them as 4th boff class and put specialization stations on new ships.
  • natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are we getting new ourfits? or are those outfits we see in the blog the Xindi outfits?
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No description for the Subspace Beacon power. Also is Intel Team needed to clear Intel debuffs, or will it be the appropriate Tac/Eng/Sci Team?

If Intel Team is needed to clear Intel debuffs,then we know for certain we are being forced to upgrade to and use T6 ships.....obvious cash grab is obvious.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Look pretty nice to me. It's a shame they are effectively useless on non-T6 ships

Also, T6 ships are the only ones who can remove Intelligence debuffs? That seems a bit....blatant in nudging players towards abandoning their sub-T6 ships IMO.

Looks like these folks will only be useful on ground for me.
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thats a nice blog, thank you. Interesting new skills, will have to wait and see how they perform, good or bad.

Love the outfits, my guess they will come with the boffs, I just hope they will be available for us too, not boff only like the reman outfits.

Ohh and to joke abit, now it seems we are going towards space wizards :D Summons a person or a double of urself, or trick the enemy to think u are dead or even better spread Chaos and confuse upon enemies sounds like fun :P Or why not the old trick, that never gets old, "These are not the droids you are looking for" :D
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also is Intel Team needed to clear Intel debuffs, or will it be the appropriate Tac/Eng/Sci Team?

Reply from Borticus.
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why am I thinking of Spy vs. Spy? :rolleyes:
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
    edited September 2014
    T6 ships are the only ones who can remove Intelligence debuffs?

No, not true.

Most of the listed debuffs can be cleansed using existing boff abilities such as Science Team, Hazard Emitters, EptX, etc.

The only debuffs that Intelligence Team is specifically required to cleanse, are the ones applied by the Intel Ships' "Gather Intel" ship mechanic.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not bad at all.

You guys really need to get on with allowing us to retrain existing officers. Or trade in new officers to like intelligence training school. I already "upgraded" my first officer from uncommon to purple and sent her to the bottom of my tailor list and to the side of me character select screen when she was by my side. As I originally envisioned her as an intelligence agent in her previous career this is right up her alley. I don't want to have to wait to get ANOTHER BOFF in order to make her as I originally wanted her.
    There's a man who leads a life of danger...
    Secret.. Klingon Man!

To carry on the musical theme....

When there's trouble you know who to calllll TEEN KLINGONS!

From their warship they can see it allllll TEEN KLINGONS!
    worffan101 wrote: »
    "The General Response To New Things In STO", by worffan101. Directed by Human Nature and Eye-Rolling Forum Rage.

SCENE: A news thread on the STO forums. Trendy has just announced something new.

Trendy: Hey players! Check out our cool new thing that we're introducing in the big expansion!

Player 1: ZOMG THIS IS SO OP NERF PLOX!!!!!

Player 2: This is weaksauce, why is all of this so underpowered?

Player 3, KDF grognard: Why are none of these powers Klingon-specific? WHY DO YOU FAVOR THE FEDDIE BEARS SO MUCH, CRYPTIC???

Player 4, Fed elitist: y so much sneaky klingon stuffz? i no like sneaking, i am fed, we all about exploration.

Player 5, diehard Rommie fanatic: I ACTUALLY KIND OF LIKE THIS IDEA BUT I WON'T SAY SO BECAUSE I'M BUSY USING THIS AS AN EXCUSE TO RANT ABOUT THE ROMULAN FACTION BEING NOT A WHOLE FACTION!!!

Player 6, professional troll: *insults and picks fights with players 1-5*

Player 7, mildly amused: DDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Player 8, easily lost: were do i get the deta pack? i bouht it but i cant find it in game1

Player 9: I WANT A T6 CONNIE!!!!!!

Player 10: THIS IS SO EVIL TAKING MY MONEY SO GREEDY CRYPTIC I HATE U JERKS U SUCK SO MUCH U NO GET MY MONEY I KEEP IT UNDER MY MATTRESS NEVER GIVE U ANOTHER CENT!!!!!

Player 11: Geez, why is all of this so gimmicky? We need more stuff for PVP, not cash grab gimmicks for elitist PVE DPS heroes who'll get wasted by a BoP as soon as they step foot in Ker'rat!

Me: Oh, look, new boff abilities. Cool. Might be worth it for a debuff build. *goes back to writing stories in Ten Forward and bashing random baddies in-game*
    The grasp of the community is strong with this one.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So we Federation players now effectively have a battle cloak at the cost of a BOFF power? Totally sweet! (Engage Intel-Team, evasive maneuvers/EPTE out of weapons range, exit red alert, re-cloak.)
  • nx01dave#2438 nx01dave Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What are the chances of making one a Benzite Intelligence Officers. As fare as I know you can only play Benzite Caption, but there are no Benzite Brige Officers.
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I for one really appreciate that blog. Probably the most detailed and informative one so far. Thanks a lot Borticus! Appreciated!
    edited September 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    I for one really appreciate that blog. Probably the most detailed and informative one so far. Thanks a lot Borticus! Appreciated!

/high-five
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    /high-five

haha :D well deserved! There's passion in it :)

By the way you've probably seen it anyway but just in case I've been able to track down 12 ways to trigger the Crystaline shield bug. It's been added to thread in the bug reports forum. Probably not a high priority thing right now but you'll know where to find it :)
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Its nice that you can take these officers on away missions and use them on non T6 vessels (albeit in a diminished way). So even if players not using T6 ships can't get the maximum benefit from them, they still get to experience them.

Nice touch.
  • senseiarksenseiark Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    INTERESTING........

however, I hope current abilities will be buffed and fixed for T5U ships because of the Horrendous advantage (in my opinion) that T6 ships have ~I still want to stick with my narcine...:)
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No, not true.

Most of the listed debuffs can be cleansed using existing boff abilities such as Science Team, Hazard Emitters, EptX, etc.

The only debuffs that Intelligence Team is specifically required to cleanse, are the ones applied by the Intel Ships' "Gather Intel" ship mechanic.

None of the NPC enemy groups in DR use "Gather Intel" against player ships, correct?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited September 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    None of the NPC enemy groups in DR use "Gather Intel" against player ships, correct?

Not as of this reply. Always subject to change, though.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Good to know. Thanks Jeremy.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm pretty surprised that one of their space abilities wasn't "verteron probe", which were capable of shutting down a starships warp, impulse and subspace communications by overloading the field coils. In-game this could easily have been used to stall the impulse engines and cause a substantial loss in all ship power levels.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    nx01reise wrote: »
    What are the chances of making one a Benzite Intelligence Officers. As fare as I know you can only play Benzite Caption, but there are no Benzite Brige Officers.

Would like to see all current PLAYABLE races added as Intel BOffs, that includes purchasable Benzite for feds, Letherans for Klingons and Remans for Romulans. Also would like to see Romulan Intel BOffs added as options for Feds and Klingons, with the faction specific Romulan uniforms.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Good to know. Thanks Jeremy.

This is how all player-dev conversations should go.