Install Arc
Options

Voyager Master Systems Display Wallpaper

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    I think the best in-continuity conclusion is simply that there were more Maquis crewmembers than we ever realized - I think we see extras wearing provisional rank pips from time to time, and I don't recall the show ever providing an official count of Val Jean personnel on Voyager (thankfully, because we all know how bad the producers were at keeping track of that stuff).

I never heard that TOS anecdote. That's...delightful. :P
    There was also an instance of a redshirt dying then later being seen on the bridge.

I thought the secondary core was what Voyager used for "reserve power"?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Beats me.
    The Intrepid-class also featured a secondary warp assembly. (VOY: "Alice")
    The secondary warp assembly was never seen as a set on-screen, but was featured in the MSD as a second warp core in the secondary hull of the ship.

Just another thing that the designers added to the ship, and the writers/producers either didn't know about or chose to ignore. Just like the Aeroshuttle, the secondary deflector, and the Defiant's landing gear.

Basically, the secondary warp core is whatever we want it to be! Everybody's right! :D
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    pwesuricatapwesuricata Member Posts: 49 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    My understanding of the aux warp core is that it's not an active warp core - it's a spare. To use it, you'd have to remove it from its storage location and install it in Main Engineering, replacing the primary core.

All conjecture, of course.

I look at it this way, although the spare warp core is still there, many of the components such as the Dilthium articulation frame, as well as parts of the constrictor segments were probably removed to replace ware and tear in the primary core. So whilst the bulk of the core is still there and could be moved, it would be pointless since the core itself is missing major components preventing it from working. Just like when car enthusiasts strip down old cars for spares.

I always imagined that the spare core wasn't actually for Voyager itself, but rather the class of ship itself was capable of heading into Deep space and helping stranded ships with the spare core, I recall an episode in TNG where the Ent-D does just that for a stranded ship.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014

The secondary warp core is not hooked up to anything. It's simply in storage. In order to activate it, they actually had to jettison it from the ship, and use tractor beams/shuttles to move it over, and shove it into the normal warp core slot.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pretty sure the warp core was seen ejecting from further along towards the nose on the ventral hull..yeah, found a clip on youtube.

that said..very well done and thank you for this gift of a wallpaper.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I always imagined that the spare core wasn't actually for Voyager itself, but rather the class of ship itself was capable of heading into Deep space and helping stranded ships with the spare core, I recall an episode in TNG where the Ent-D does just that for a stranded ship.

Kind of funny to put it on the MSD if it's just a really large piece of cargo.

But like I said, in the absence of facts, any and all conjecture is equally correct!

I hereby submit that the auxiliary warp core was used exclusively to power Kes's hydroponics operation.
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The secondary warp core is not hooked up to anything. It's simply in storage. In order to activate it, they actually had to jettison it from the ship, and use tractor beams/shuttles to move it over, and shove it into the normal warp core slot.

Maybe it's where they kept the failed Quantum Slipstream drive. ;)

Man, I can't tell you how much I wish they had made the Voyager Technical Manual.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Man, I can't tell you how much I wish they had made the Voyager Technical Manual.

LOL, what an unreadable mess that would have been...
  • Options
    abrahamjohnson83abrahamjohnson83 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "…Explore each level of the ship and find out where all the most memorably locations are found, and don't forget where corridors and turbolifts might take you. You never know if this information might come in handy in the not too distant future. …"

Is this a hint for complete ship interiors in future?
  • Options
    blu3drag0n1977blu3drag0n1977 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wish you would release one for the Odyssey Cruiser. Looks nice though.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Is this a hint for complete ship interiors in future?

No. It's a hint that there will be at least one Delta Rising mission which takes place on Voyager.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited September 2014

Making episodes like "Day Of Honor" and "Renaissance Man" almost pointless, LOL... AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT! :P
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Do you know what would be neat?

Having Voyager, Enterprise (NCC-1701-D), and Defiant roam different game sectors. Player can beam onto the ships, so they can access specialized stores, doff missions, and featured episodes.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    mhall85 wrote: »
    Making episodes like "Day Of Honor" and "Renaissance Man" almost pointless, LOL... AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT! :P

Which is why we're left twisting in the breeze forced to conclude that either...

1) Voyager left spacedock without the secondary warp core (or Aeroshuttle) in place,

or

2) These components were either too badly damaged to use after the Caretaker pulled them to the Delta Quadrant,

or

3) These components were cannibalized for spare parts, as Suricata suggested,

or

4) Some fourth thing :rolleyes:
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They don't have the frame and stuff, but here are some larger versions:

1920x1080

2560x1440

2560x1600

3840x2160

Taco you are a hero to 16:9 widescreen users

please though, put in a request to have more regular 16:9 releases

guess who has new desktop wallpaper? >>>this guy<<<

EDIT:
    Maybe it's where they kept the failed Quantum Slipstream drive. ;)

they did
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    Do you know what would be neat?

Having...Enterprise (NCC-1701-D)...roam different game sectors. Player can beam onto the ships, so they can access specialized stores, doff missions, and featured episodes.

That would be a cute trick.

A cloud of residual particles and some pieces of wreckage, flying around selling us stuff. :P
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Where did you get that information?

What episode?
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

A cloud of residual particles and some pieces of wreckage, flying around selling us stuff. :P

I guess we can explore the wreckage of the Enterprise-D's saucer section on Veridian III? Put a Ferengi NPC there selling us Black Market items?
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    edited September 2014

What episode?

The secondary warp core was never even mentioned on the show.

However, I believe Doug Drexler stated that was the designers' intent.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We'll just have to add "crewmen" to the list of self-replicating supplies on that ship, right after shuttlecraft and photon torpedoes.
    Err.. self-replicating humans is quite standard on Earth.

And fast-growing children is basically a standard Sci-Fi trope. (That I wish would die.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    argent007 wrote: »
    EDIT:

they did

They had an internal document, but never produced a consumer version like the TNG Technical Manual.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Err.. self-replicating humans is quite standard on Earth.

And fast-growing children is basically a standard Sci-Fi trope. (That I wish would die.)

You can replicate yourself? No assistance from a fellow human necessary? :P

And yeah, Voyager went to the fast-growing child well with Naomi Wildman.
  • Options
    thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They haven't officially confirmed anything, but I would assume there will be some kind of bundle with the Voyager interior, similar to the DS9 and TOS bundles.

The Belfast and TOS interiors can be used with any ship once you've purchased them, so I would assume/hope the same would be true in this case.

Sad to say, but I'd buy that. I'm just such a huge fan of voyager that I'd be fighting between my TOS stuff and that for most of my ships.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If nothing else the spare warp core could be used to swap out with the main warp core so they can keep going while preforming maintenance when no ship yard is available.
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think the only ship to have multiple active warp cores is the Prometheus, due to its function it would have to due too MVAM .
  • Options
    noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Who said the Enterprise-D, Voyager, and Defiant could not be rebuilt? If Starfleet followed the original specs, while making very minor tweaks, they could recreate the original Enterprise-D.

Does Starfleet have some kind of rule that states, "we must never-ever recreate a lost ship"?

"Star Trek" is science-fiction, right?

Science-fiction means that "anything can happen" and "what if...".

Infinite collations lead to infinite possibilities.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5566/15013873579_f7de31c166_b.jpg

Which is why we're left twisting in the breeze forced to conclude that either...

1) Voyager left spacedock without the secondary warp core (or Aeroshuttle) in place,

or

2) These components were either too badly damaged to use after the Caretaker pulled them to the Delta Quadrant,

or

3) These components were cannibalized for spare parts, as Suricata suggested,

or

4) Some fourth thing :rolleyes:

The Aeroshuttle was most certainly onboard Voyager during the entire series. You can see it's underside below the saucer. That's not a hatch, that's the underside of the actual shuttle. 2-4 sound fine to me though.

argent007 wrote: »
    Taco you are a hero to 16:9 widescreen users

please though, put in a request to have more regular 16:9 releases

Unfortunately, it's something to do with the website software. It can only host very specific sizes.

What episode?

I don't think the secondary core was ever actually mentioned on screen. Just shown on the MSD. . .

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5563/15014099348_64c57f6f5e_b.jpg

And, just because I came across it while looking for the warp core thing. . .
    https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3869/15197631351_4fe1d68238_b.jpg
    Just in case you'd ever wanted to buy your own.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited September 2014

[Sigh] A Trekkie can dream...a Trekkie can dream.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    [Sigh] A Trekkie can dream...a Trekkie can dream.

You can have your own. It's the last section of the Tech Memo binder Rick Sternbach sells on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Trek-Voyager-500-Pages-Tech-Memos-in-Custom-Binder-/321515178517?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4adbcc4a15