test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

not enough players KDF players

ruffgeniusruffgenius Member Posts: 48 Arc User
Can you please make it so that KDF, Romulan and Federation can do all STF's together? There just is not enough players on the KDF side its dead.(including Fleet Defence)

You promoting Federation more doesnt help either 4 ships for fed and 2 for KDF and Romulan in the DR pack whats that about?
Post edited by ruffgenius on

Comments

• Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ruffgenius wrote: »
    Can you please make it so that KDF, Romulan and Federation can do all STF's together? There just is not enough players on the KDF side its dead.(including Fleet Defence)

You promoting Federation more doesnt help either 4 ships for fed and 2 for KDF and Romulan in the DR pack whats that about?

its a circle.
    cryptic loses money on succesive klingon ships, they dont make as many, less people play kdf, they lose money on another ship....so on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    its a circle.
    cryptic loses money on succesive klingon ships, they dont make as many, less people play kdf, they lose money on another ship....so on

Thats fine and I understand that but they could put all the STF factions together and then people could choose which faction they want to play and it wouldn't matter everyone would have the same playerbase to get on with the game but you're having to wait nealy 30/40mins for some stfs KDF side.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Thats fine and I understand that but they could put all the STF factions together and then people could choose which faction they want to play and it wouldn't matter everyone would have the same playerbase to get on with the game but you're having to wait nealy 30/40mins for some stfs KDF side.

true, wouldnt be difficult

change the defense so that feds=mirror feds and klingons=rival houses

and you have no conflict of factions :D:D
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,319 Arc User
    edited September 2014

There is certainly a problem with some of the daily queued missions at Klingon side. E.g. i'm trying to get a team together for federation minefield for about a week.

If it is a mirror of the gorn minefield on federation side then it is stupidly easy and possible to solo, but sadly it is not possible to go in solo through a private match.

It'd be in everyone's best interest if the opponent was switched to mirror universe or a rebel gorn / klingon so that everyone could queue for the minefield mission.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    There is certainly a problem with some of the daily queued missions at Klingon side. E.g. i'm trying to get a team together for federation minefield for about a week.

If it is a mirror of the gorn minefield on federation side then it is stupidly easy and possible to solo, but sadly it is not possible to go in solo through a private match.

It'd be in everyone's best interest if the opponent was switched to mirror universe or a rebel gorn / klingon so that everyone could queue for the minefield mission.

plleeeasssseeee this

make it randomly choose rebel gorn or mirror feds
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Cryptic does not believe in "if you build it they will come" cases. See PVP and exploration for more details.

In any case, isn't it time to merge all available queues now that the 'war' is over and all that. But more to the point, there are too many segregated queues and not enough population to support them all.

Unfortunately, the only thing I see they are trying to fix this with are solo queues.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2014

and other stuff like epohh tagging and such.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014

the stfs are already cross faction.
    what would be nice is if they allowed fed/kdf to team together.
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not enough people and you get many more perks being a Fed Rom than any thing else.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When I blow up in a STF, I do it for the KDF!

* shakes fist at Borg one hits * :mad:

How the hell are u getting one shotted i dont in my Hoh'sus bop but i all 5 of my chars have mk xii rep fleet stuff.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    maybe because, IMHO most KDF players are elitists who turn off the casual player?
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    its a circle.

They should have made an intel BoP. It makes more sense to have a intel BoP than it does a Battlecruiser, or raptor. I would trade that intel battlecruiser for a intel BoP any day. Why not both cryptic????
  • Options
    pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Didn't Al say something about single player versions of the quere missions?

What I am always wondering about on KDF side is when I stare at the screen and wait for 4 (!) more people to quere....where are those 2 mio. accounts and 18 % of them have KDF toons? :confused:
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    its a circle.

That just seems like an old arguement. Might have been true in the beginning, when they were still releasing content that was unique to each faction.

Now it's just all universal content, the same for each faction with a different skin.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    Not enough people and you get many more perks being a Fed Rom than any thing else.

I don't know...saving 40 million EC when you're not rich is a big perk...but I guess people don't care about huge chunks of EC when they get to play on the side of the cashcow faction.

I don't know if I really believe this about they lose money on ships...it's probably they just make more money on Fed ships so they don't give a damn.

How would they know they lose money? The last original ship they made was back before the game went F2P, then they made the Bortasqu' a complete whale with inferior consoles, and they don't even try at all to give the KDF or Roms anything.

Trying to tell me it takes thousands to tens of thousands to make one ship? I know ships take time but what are they paying a whole art crew for months just to make one ship?
  • Options
    haldan1968haldan1968 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    true, wouldnt be difficult

change the defense so that feds=mirror feds and klingons=rival houses

and you have no conflict of factions :D:D

I am more than a little surprised that this hasn’t already been done.

Considering that we can already cross faction on a number of other STFs. Considering that the "war" is supposedly over. Considering that the whole war thing was never really very Star Trek (and more likely an influence from another popular MMO).

Considering that this change wouldn’t require significant resources to implement, (altering a few lines of NPC dialogue, and swapping in already designed mirror ships).

I am more than a little surprised that this hasn’t already been done.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    maybe because, IMHO most KDF players are elitists who turn off the casual player?

:P

For lack of inflammatory response I don't have ANY problems finding KDF STF's that que within seconds of me joining, as well I enjoy playing with pink skins in war zones, but healing them quickly becomes a full time job.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    There seems to be a common consensus that there isn't enough pleople on the KDF side and its just not enough to justify it being a seperate race.
    I think they should make ALL STFs accessable to every faction just one queue for all would cut down queue times on both sides.(everyone wins)

what do you think they should do about it?

Thanks for the replys everyone.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    KDF might not be for everyone. For me I started playing KDF when they was acquired at lv20 playing Fed. And you didn't have enough missions just to level up. So you had to redo missions often or hit the explore clusters. That alone would discourage many wanting to try them out. But I loved the KDF style and attitude. So I kept going and got him up to Lv50 and soon to Lv60. Also he is my 2nd character since my Fed is 1st. Since then they fixed and helped players to join KDF. With easier way to level and loads of new content. Just like the Romulans, some will play them some won't. It all depends on how they play.

Even on WoW with all their different groups in the 2 factions. You always have the group most played and some that wasn't. Its all about the person's preference.

To get recruits to join the KDF. Invite friends, team mates, etc to join up. Start a new character with them and level together. Show them how fun KDF can be either in a strong Battlecruiser or fast deadly Bird of Prey.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    xilradaxilrada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Always the question, why are there not enough people on the KDF? Well, I haven't met any elitest players, but I can harp on a few issues I personally have with it.
    1. Gaghblegh - I honestly feel like half the time in the missions both myself and my crew, by the dialogue and reactions, are just screaming like... gaghblegh, or qaplagh or whatever klingongphrase while flailing their arms like kermit the frog.
    2. RED RED RED! - I wish I could see aorund my ship, but it is far too dark, and red. I know that's like.. canon for klingon or something, but I'm a human on the other side of the monitor. I'd like to not have to squint or adjust the gamma to walk around my ship.
    3. (For awhile) Poor Content - For the longest time in STO, you had to be 20 fed before you could klink, then when you went to klink you realized "I DONT HAVE ENUFF STUFFS TO FINISH!" then you were sad, and just repeated stuff. This is improving however!

I'm indifferent if content is an issue, because content would come if there was peeps.

I also don't really know about the ships, because the only Klingon C-Store ships I have touched have been the Phalanx and the Varanus.

Let's be honest with ourselves. When people go to a star trek game, they do not come for the klingons. I don't think they come for the amazing disjointed saturday morning plot. They come here for what they know with greatest familiarity, the faction that's always been hyped up the most. Fighting for the Federation, hand in hand they'll conquer space.

As KDF we'll always be behind, cuz that's just the nature of it. We're not nearly as cool or amazing as those shiny blue coats.

Would it be nice to be able to group everyone in together for more content? Certainly.

Will that happen? Probably not. Too many purists trundling around who would froth at the mouth about it. Additionally some slight concern that it may trivialize the KDF even more, leading to their eventual eradication, tossing off to the side, or merger into the fed faction (I'd be totally chill with that if I get to keep my Gorn and Varanus).
    Ali'kshash in STO. Marauding Gorn Science.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    xilrada wrote: »
    Let's be honest with ourselves. When people go to a star trek game, they do not come for the klingons. I don't think they come for the amazing disjointed saturday morning plot. They come here for what they know with greatest familiarity, the faction that's always been hyped up the most. Fighting for the Federation, hand in hand they'll conquer space.

As KDF we'll always be behind, cuz that's just the nature of it. We're not nearly as cool or amazing as those shiny blue coats.

Would it be nice to be able to group everyone in together for more content? Certainly.

Will that happen? Probably not. Too many purists trundling around who would froth at the mouth about it. Additionally some slight concern that it may trivialize the KDF even more, leading to their eventual eradication, tossing off to the side, or merger into the fed faction (I'd be totally chill with that if I get to keep my Gorn and Varanus).

LIES !!! LIES !!!

Some come for the red, many stay for the red.
    When red and blue are mixed, they become purple- many don't want purple. It's worse than green.
    Red didn't choose to be ignored, the game gods did it to us. We remain because it's what we got. It's getting better so lets not toss in the towel just yet.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have never ever had a problem with this. What mission are you trying to play? The fleet defense may have a 2 min wait. All others are mixed. Then there are the few 20 person missions which may never pop. But they aren't going on Fed side either.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I think some of you fail to see the problem, its not about red vs blue its about the content and the queue times that KDF have, mostly during European time its dead. Even this new expansion is focused on all 3 factions working together as was the most of the content recently there is no more red vs blue.
    Yes one of the long queues are the fleet missions.
    I have 5 level 50s 3 fed 1 rom and 1 KDF and the queue times between them are far between.

I just think if your going to put factions in the game then support all of them! some new player could role KDF get to end game and think TRIBBLE it the waiting times are just far to long and quit, which isn't good for us the playerbase or cryptic.

Thanks for the imput everyone.
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe klingons should follow their own advice and reroll to the other faction to evade their fate. :P

Personally still hope cryptic merges the factions in DR and those issues, alongside xy faction isn't worth being developed further, will be gone once and for all.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Maybe klingons should follow their own advice and reroll to the other faction to evade their fate. :P

Personally still hope cryptic merges the factions in DR and those issues, alongside xy faction isn't worth being developed further, will be gone once and for all.

:confused:

Ya mean having to play fed for 20 levels to unlock KDF wasn't enough ? I put in my 8 hours so I COULD play KDF toons, whats your excuse ?

The problem ruffgenius is evading is his own greed, HE needs to force everyone to play in his chosen STF so HE can play. Apparently the desire of others to remain independent of his faction is a minor consideration to his own self satisfaction.. Remember just a few months ago you couldn't get some pvp's to pop if your life depended on it ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    darin010darin010 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My Fed fleet was pretty much given a small KDF fleet. A few of us had KDF toons at level 50. Props to those who played from the start we are with ya. We have put out fleet wide invites with in our fed fleet to join the KDF fleet we had gotten. Some have come over started toons and so on but most get bored with it pretty fast. I was in a STF the other day and got a PM from a fleet mate trying to play the KDF side and he had been sitting there waiting for what he said was 40 minutes for people to que up for pretty much fleet any thing.

There are alot of privet channels for KDF ques. I belong to 1 or 2 of them not because I really think its a good idea that no one ques up in the main ques but because if I want to move our KDF fleet along its the only way to get fleet marks half the time. I have 3 Fed level 50, 1 FedRom 50, and 1 KDF 50. The fed side for any que is far far shorter then KDF and that makes people leave the KDF side quickly unless they join one of the channels then when someone new comes along they see no action in the main ques and shortly gives up deletes the toon and starts a new fed or FedRom. People need to drop the channels and start loading up for main ques if there was some action more would come to the KDF I have no doubt.

I fully support putting all factions in the same ques there are some days where Feds could use the KDF DPS and where the KDF could used the Feds numbers to get something started. Its a total win for everyone.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited September 2014

KDF and feds can do STFs together...happens all the time in STFs.
  • Options
    hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Agreed with OP. We absolutely need all queues to be cross faction across levels 1-60. There are just not enough KDF players to provide a fun multiplayer experience. Since Cryptic is stuck in the vicious cycle that will not ever let the KDF population grow, we can't fix the root of the problem but with cross faction queues we'd at least have other people to play with.
    Please Devs I hope you read this thread. My KDF/Rom is very lonely and sadly alone.