test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Needed upgrades to Galaxy Class?

Comments

• dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey guys, not sure if you've heard but theyve found the (hopefully tentative) traits for the Gal R and Gal X.

Gal R gets +1 tac console (yay!!!!!!!!!):

Absorptive Hull Plating: +10 Physical Damage Resistance Rating +10 Kinect Damage Resistance Rating
    Rapid Repairs: Regenerates X.X Hull (1,5% of your current max) every 10 seconds in Space. Twice this is regenerated out of combat
    Enhanced Hull Plating: +10 All Energy Damage Resistance Rating +10 Radiation Damage Resistance Rating
    Armored Hull: +10% Hull Hitpoints

Less yay. Rapid repairs especially makes me nauseous its so bad.

Gal-X gets +1 eng console and:

Rapid Repairs
    : Regenerates X.X Hull (1,5% of your current max) every 10 seconds in Space. Twice this is regenerated out of combat
    Enhanced Hull Plating: +10 All Energy Damage Resistance Rating +10 Radiation Damage Resistance Rating
    Devastating Weaponry: +2,5% Critical Chance

Yeah. Rapid repairs needs to be deleted imo. Especially on the Gal-X, enhanced weapon systems (+10 kin and energy damage) and enhanced weapons banks (+15% crit severity) would be much better choices imo.

links here if you want it http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2fkxl4/known_t5u_upgrades_from_tribble_ship_stat_spoiler/

We're discussing it over in the tribble forums if you wanna join us, under the official feedback for the ship upgrade system.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    +1 tac console without ability to use 3 tac consoles worth a flip. Better then 6th eng but without a boff layout fix the ship is still the worst.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dave18193 wrote: »
    Absorptive Hull Plating: +10 Physical Damage Resistance Rating +10 Kinect Damage Resistance Rating
    Rapid Repairs: Regenerates X.X Hull (1,5% of your current max) every 10 seconds in Space. Twice this is regenerated out of combat
    I don't see the problem. This just makes it(and all other basic Cruisers) tank more, which is what Cryptic is going for.
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    +1 tac console without ability to use 3 tac consoles worth a flip. Better then 6th eng but without a boff layout fix the ship is still the worst.
    The layout isn't the problem, it's the value of the Eng and Sci BOFF skills compared to Tac skills as well as the limited number of Eng skills each tier that's the problem.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dareau wrote: »
    The only "gripe" I have against this is if (as I'm hoping) those Intel officers can slot in universal slots, then giving every T5U a universal means those Intel officers aren't a "major benefit" to T6, they're suddenly accessible to "everybody"...

However, once the stats hit the table, and if the T5U11s seem lacking vs. true T6s, then maybe an across the board universal might help those T5U11s be "competitive" to T6s...

so far on tribble event hough they intellegence boff can be slotted in universal the intellegence bridge powers can not be used in universal slots

this may change but really the t6 ship will still have a 13 bridge officer power
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    gpgtx wrote: »
    so far on tribble event hough they intellegence boff can be slotted in universal the intellegence bridge powers can not be used in universal slots

this may change but really the t6 ship will still have a 13 bridge officer power

intelligence boffs are eng, sci and tac boffs that can slot their usual powers, but also slot intel power. universal slots shouldn't mean anything special to them.

assuming ships other then tier 6 can slot these, this could be a major boon to ships like the galaxy R, that have at least 2 or 3 useless station slots at various levels. those slots would actually have a use if they could be filled with intel powers.

wouldn't get my hopes up though. probably only tier 6 ships can use them, the boff seat probably has to be a new type of special to even allow any Intel powers to be used there, and whatever other restrictions you can think of.
    edited September 2014
    what i am saying is even though they can be slotted (i have tried ion tribble) only there eng/sci/tac powers work in universal slots the "intelligence" powers do not even show up in the power bar.

the ground powers work though

i do feel this is a misstep as hybrid boffs where even a suggestion made in this thread or the original thread so i am disappointed in the current choice
    edited September 2014
    what i am saying is even though they can be slotted (i have tried ion tribble) only there eng/sci/tac powers work in universal slots the "intelligence" powers do not even show up in the power bar.

the ground powers work though

i do feel this is a misstep as hybrid boffs where even a suggestion made in this thread or the original thread so i am disappointed in the current choice

could intel powers be used in non universal slots?

the tech behind this is probably not even 1/10 implemented at this point, i wouldn't read to much into how things worked before the leak of this got pluged in a stealth patch the same day.
    edited September 2014
    could intel powers be used in non universal slots?
    Our best bets outside Intel ships are probably just ground powers. Anything more would defeat the whole purpose of them being 'exclusive' to Intel ships.
    edited September 2014
    well the latest dev blog states they will not work on non-hybrid seats including universal

this just makes me want to give all T5 ships with out a universal seat an ensign universal just to make it so they are not as far behind
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sooooo.....

The next big question....what is you guys' opinion on the Guardian Class Cruiser? I'm talking about the general design concept, obviously, as we have no stats or multi-angle screenshots of her yet.
    It obviously follows and expands the TNG/Galaxy Class lineage (well it's the only one that seems to have any ST lineage, but that's another topic), it's described as "a versatile Tier 6 starship capable of accomplishing almost any class of mission" in the short paragraph currently availible and it seems to be a ture classic Starfleet cruiser.

Cryptic's way to throw a bone to TNG fans? A classic, TNG looking ship very reminiscent of the Galaxy Class to satisfy our apetites for classic TNG design with engineering hull, 2 pylons/nacelles, neck and a round saucer?
    Are you bying this? Would this ship partially satisfy the craving for a wortwhile Galaxy Class at end-game, assuming it's any good?

Me.....I'm not sure at the moment TBH. It's nice to see this as a counterbalance to those awfull TRON ships and I'm glad to see a continuation of the traditional lineage that the Galaxy Class represented as well. However, it's not the Galaxy...so I don't know...what do you guys think?
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited September 2014
    need to see the size of the ship personally.

but it will probably end up being my main ship
    edited September 2014
    my opinion is that its nothing but concept art still, and if i can use the galaxy skin on it I'll take back all the things ive called cryptic on about this expansion.
    edited September 2014
    need to see the size of the ship personally.

but it will probably end up being my main ship
    Looks a lot like that ship we see on the very first scene of Surface Tension. It flies by the allied ships on the top-right-hand corner of the screen. Easy to miss.

That might not be it, but the resemblance is striking.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Looks a lot like that ship we see on the very first scene of Surface Tension. It flies by the allied ships on the top-right-hand corner of the screen. Easy to miss.

That might not be it, but the resemblance is striking.

I'm almost 100% certain that the ship we saw in 'Surface Tension' is in fact Perpetual's Excalibur Class:

PIC #1
    PIC #2
    PIC #3
    PIC #4

Logic dictates that there's more chance it was this ship, given that the base model already exists in the game, albeit used only as wrecks in the former exploration clusters. On the other hand, we still haven't seen anything from the Guardian Class except concept art, so I doubt there was a ship model of her in game when 'Surface Tension' was released.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Sooooo.....

The next big question....what is you guys' opinion on the Guardian Class Cruiser? I'm talking about the general design concept, obviously, as we have no stats or multi-angle screenshots of her yet.
    It obviously follows and expands the TNG/Galaxy Class lineage (well it's the only one that seems to have any ST lineage, but that's another topic), it's described as "a versatile Tier 6 starship capable of accomplishing almost any class of mission" in the short paragraph currently availible and it seems to be a ture classic Starfleet cruiser.

Cryptic's way to throw a bone to TNG fans? A classic, TNG looking ship very reminiscent of the Galaxy Class to satisfy our apetites for classic TNG design with engineering hull, 2 pylons/nacelles, neck and a round saucer?
    Are you bying this? Would this ship partially satisfy the craving for a wortwhile Galaxy Class at end-game, assuming it's any good?

Me.....I'm not sure at the moment TBH. It's nice to see this as a counterbalance to those awfull TRON ships and I'm glad to see a continuation of the traditional lineage that the Galaxy Class represented as well. However, it's not the Galaxy...so I don't know...what do you guys think?

Best looking of the bunch but it better not be Excalibur. that engineering section is just too small.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'll have to see some actual screenshots of it, maybe even wait to see others fly it in game before I make up my mind on the Guardian. If I can put the Galaxy skin on it though, it will be an instant buy.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sooooo.....

HERE's my opinion about the Guardian design.
    TBH, it suffers from the same issues like the Avenger. Egg shaped saucers on a ship like the Guardian looks goofy, simple said.
    Also the neck-Saucer transition is too steep which looks odd, especially from the side view.
    Both things make the ship look unneccessary clunky, while it could look much better with just a few little changes.

It may have been a nice idea to create a T6 Galaxy lookalike, but they have (again) shown they just can't create a nice looking Starfleet ship.

On the other hand if they would unlock Galaxy Class variant ship parts for it, it would be truely awesome. (especially Venture ship parts)

EDIT:
    I'm almost 100% certain that the ship we saw in 'Surface Tension' is in fact Perpetual's Excalibur Class:

PIC #1
    PIC #2
    PIC #3
    PIC #4
    Even that ships ship parts would be a welcome addition, because it would allow a lot of different variations.

I always hated cryptics habit to release only one single ship variant for their new ships in the last few years.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    From posts and comments i've seen in game regarding people testing the new content on tribble, the older ships with the new content are going to be even more obsolete then than they are now.

Once again DPS rules and tanking slows the mission progress down till it fails.

Cryptic you need to fix these ships, the Galaxy, Nebula, Starcruiser, Intrepid, They are already hard work as it is in current elite content, Useable but compared to other ships of their respective class are like going into these missions with a handicap. With the level cap being raised. NPC's prob hitting harder, having more hull and shield hp these ships are going to be practically obsolete if not already. The Galaxy and Intrepid are god awful ships to use in this game, Slapping a extra console doesn't cut it. How about a boff seating change. You have a whole new tier of ship 5u. Why can't the Galaxy be given the D'Deridex or Ambassador seating. The intrepid the Nova seating. For example.

If you insist on taking the game forward with your own designs than please pay better attention to trek lore and try to keep the i.p Star Trek and make the ships you create and release identifiable and true to the i.p.
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited September 2014
    The Galaxy getting the D'Deridex Boff layout wouldn't be bad. Although it does suffer from the Feds want everything stigma.

But it's kind of ridiculous to give the LRSV (Intrepid) the Nova layout and have them the same.

And weren't all Sci vessels supposed to get a second Deflector?
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Never going to happen . It seems, for the 4 years that a certain company will never change the boff layout, add consoles or generally improve the iconic ships . They had their chance to do so with the recent galaxy " revamp" and didn't do it then, and I doubt it will ever happen . They got their money from those ships, and now they are pushing Tron cycle 2.0 . Sorry guys I'm hurt too, but.. what can ya do ?
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    furlong359 wrote: »
    Never going to happen . It seems, for the 4 years that a certain company will never change the boff layout, add consoles or generally improve the iconic ships . They had their chance to do so with the recent galaxy " revamp" and didn't do it then, and I doubt it will ever happen . They got their money from those ships, and now they are pushing Tron cycle 2.0 . Sorry guys I'm hurt too, but.. what can ya do ?

It will if you believe in magic! :P:o
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
    edited September 2014
    The Galaxy getting the D'Deridex Boff layout wouldn't be bad. Although it does suffer from the Feds want everything stigma.

But it's kind of ridiculous to give the LRSV (Intrepid) the Nova layout and have them the same.

And weren't all Sci vessels supposed to get a second Deflector?

the deflectors are coming Soon
  • neo1nxneo1nx Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    From posts and comments i've seen in game regarding people testing the new content on tribble, the older ships with the new content are going to be even more obsolete then than they are now.

Once again DPS rules and tanking slows the mission progress down till it fails.

Cryptic you need to fix these ships, the Galaxy, Nebula, Starcruiser, Intrepid, They are already hard work as it is in current elite content, Useable but compared to other ships of their respective class are like going into these missions with a handicap. With the level cap being raised. NPC's prob hitting harder, having more hull and shield hp these ships are going to be practically obsolete if not already. The Galaxy and Intrepid are god awful ships to use in this game, Slapping a extra console doesn't cut it. How about a boff seating change. You have a whole new tier of ship 5u. Why can't the Galaxy be given the D'Deridex or Ambassador seating. The intrepid the Nova seating. For example.

If you insist on taking the game forward with your own designs than please pay better attention to trek lore and try to keep the i.p Star Trek and make the ships you create and release identifiable and true to the i.p.

well... not that much for pve in fact.
    the new intel power really make a difference for pvp gameplay, not so much for pve.

look here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1221031

with the change to the queue system and difficultie, people that don't master there ship and don't cooperate will have a hard time finishing the event with those ship indeed.
    but it not going to be a big gap with the new ship, thoses old ship will fall even further behind for sure in term of general efficiency, but not much more than the new shiny ship we got every 2 month that push the powercreep further.

and if i anderstand the change to the queue correctly, i think you can said goodbye to all these 80k build, they will not be tanky enought and focus to be effective in the new elite queue.

tanking will become relevant again, and a good build that do a good balance between resistance and firepower will be required.

my pvp galaxy dread is ready. but i fear some people will fall from hight:D
    edited September 2014
    I found this picture of the Guardian cruiser! That DEFIANTLY looks like it could be compatible with with the Galaxy sink!!

edited September 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    I found this picture of the Guardian cruiser! That DEFIANTLY looks like it could be compatible with with the Galaxy sink!!
    It's not an Exploration Cruiser.
    edited September 2014

You just broke my heart……… :(

edited September 2014

id be surprised if thats not exactly what they call it. if it could use galaxy costume parts it would be perfect.

saw a second pic of it too, but i don't have a link
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    id be surprised if thats not exactly what they call it. if it could use galaxy costume parts it would be perfect.

saw a second pic of it too, but i don't have a link

http://t.co/GLw1MQsHFN is another image.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The first one posted was kind of small, so I won't put that one up. I'll put the two large ones up though.

Guardian HD pic 1:

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/2b/0a/2b0a48fb6d48902f05cb645606e4a1811411243733.png

Guardian HD pic 2:

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/bb/e2/bbe25bf22a8bd12627ead714c9b76ab41411244435.png

Edit: askray ninjad me with the small one. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    The first one posted was kind of small, so I won't put that one up. I'll put the two large ones up though.

Guardian HD pic 1:

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/2b/0a/2b0a48fb6d48902f05cb645606e4a1811411243733.png

Guardian HD pic 2:

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/arc/bb/e2/bbe25bf22a8bd12627ead714c9b76ab41411244435.png

Edit: askray ninjad me with the small one. :P
    ;)

Good grab of the images hehe.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113