test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Doff

warvictorywarvictory Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Klingon Discussion
http://s18.postimg.org/6n0ow6z09/dsfsdfsdf.jpg

My evasive maneuvers have an 8 second cooldown when activated - then a 45 second cooldown to recharge. With this doff my EPtE resets the cooldown of evasive maneuvers to 4 seconds. So this way you can use evasive maneuvers twice then a 45 second cooldown and repeat.

I have helmsman so my cooldown is 35 seconds instead of 45.

You also have the speed boost from EPtE for 30 seconds.
Post edited by warvictory on

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So it's working as intended then, right? Still haven't got mine, that's why I'm asking.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited September 2014
    With this doff, you don't need helmsman anymore, except maybe for the turn rate bonus.
    I AM WAR.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This may also change DPS builds, don't you think? Will reduce the time to evasive from side to side or target to target, keep the phasers firing on new targets more reliably...

Maybe?
  • warvictorywarvictory Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Works great. It effectively lets you use evasive maneuvers twice in a row. You can use evasive maneuvers and have the second copy ready to use whenever you want. Really only limited by your EPtE cooldown.
  • muhaha#7940 muhaha Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also reduces impulse capacitance cell...
    edited September 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    With this doff, you don't need helmsman anymore, except maybe for the turn rate bonus.

With this Doff and the helmsman and few more things I intend to fly my battlecruiser like a raptor. ::D :cool:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    With this Doff and the helmsman and few more things I intend to fly my battlecruiser like a raptor. ::D :cool:

I'm planning to put it in my dhc bortasqu...epte, a2d and this doff and no mob shall escape the mighty fist of the kdf! (even if it flies so fast I have to half impulse it to hit things (yet still have maximum defence))
    edited September 2014
    The effective build has only 2x EPTs chained. You're almost always running EPTS for boosts and resists, and almost always running EPTW to keep weapons power full and boost damage.

To use this doff you need to slot EPTE. That means either breaking the chain, or waiting for the chain to clear (15 seconds). In emergencies, that's not so helpful. Otherwise, you're chaining EPTE with either shields or weapons, so that you have full up-time on engines and little bursts of increased turn power, where you really don't need the evasive maneuvers doff very much.

Overall it's a very interesting doff in that it sparks the imagination. You definitely trade off tankability or damage output in exchange for this evasive maneuvers boost. I like doffs which do that. They make you think about how you want to build your ship. They modify powers in specific ways, rather than just a chance. Like, say, -6 seconds on eng team cooldown, or turn TBR into TB-Pull, etc. These are the doffs that let you customize your ship how you like.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    EPtE is wholly wasted in PVE. Pretty important in PVP though.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd disagree. EPTE is immensely useful in Undine content as the only low-level counter to being trapped by fluidic rifts. It also helps with being tractored in Borg missions.

What *is* good about this DOff is that it encourages situational use of EPTE, rather than the "always on" approach of DCEs and technicians.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    uglybone wrote: »
    Also reduces impulse capacitance cell...

That is going away 10/14/14.
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    That is going away 10/14/14.

What do you mean? Why?
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited September 2014
    He means it was a bug that made it affect capacitance cell, and they will fix it on that patch release.
    edited September 2014
    He means it was a bug that made it affect capacitance cell, and they will fix it on that patch release.

Ah, ok. That previous reply read to me as they're removing the ICC from the game. :o
    HQroeLu.jpg