test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please make a mass mark conversion available

shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Reputation System
I know this has been asked several times now, so I thought up a somewhat solution the Dev's might go for.

Seeing how marks take the equivalent of 15secs. to convert, why not allow for it to total up all of the marks they wish to convert, multiply it by 15secs. per 50 marks, and once initiated it locks out any marks being able to be gained for that reputation.

An example say OM's, let's say you have 1000 marks need converting, well at 15secs. per 50 marks, it would take 5mins minimum (granted longer manually).

Now once all 1000 have been selected for conversion, it would start a 5min timer disallowing any more OM's to be gained, by any missions being run until the timer has finished, and the player receives his reward.

This would prevent any form of exploit, and allow people to move on with other meaningful tasks, and keep people from getting carpal tunnel syndrome.

EDIT: Or if they wanted to go to extremes, no marks in any reputation, or dilithium can be earned, once a conversion project has commenced, only the usual loot/crafting materials/FM's rewards can be obtained, also mark conversions from each Reputation can be running at any given time, without interfering with one another.
tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jeanluck4jeanluck4 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello

This message to my opinions on the dilithium event. It is a good thing to propose this but the problem is that our connection time is used to click, wait, click, wait... to share the reputation marks for dilithium. Result, we cannot even enjoy the game properly.

I think that it would be time to find a rapid solution to exchange quikly the reputation marks and finally enjoy the game in better conditions.

Thank you for your attention.
  • jeanluck4jeanluck4 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can possibly offer a simple solution that consisterai to add a new project to the reputations of exchanging 500 marks against 5000 dilithium in addition to the already existing 50 marks against 500 dilithium.

This will not solve the basic problem of course but would allow a simple and quick solution for better games in the meantime better.
  • smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A lot of players need this option ... Before the reputation system, we could pass by shop special. And we saved time. But now, you can't saved time... The game, no, the Dev's (Or Cryptic) force us has to stay two hours in game to exchange marks and other things ...

Thus, where is the pleasure of played in this new system? Without possibility of going faster for simple one exchange transactions?!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't see why the 5 minute timer is needed. Just have every reputation have a 1000 Marks to dilithium and a 50 or 100 Marks to Dilithium project that is completed in 15 seconds.
  • sechserpackungsechserpackung Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am fully supporting this idea with my 13k+ Omega Marks (it isn´t a lot but only having the 50 mark project available is rather nerve grating).

Or: I would say give a 50, 500 and 1000 Mark option. That should cover most aspects.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited July 2014
    The method for processing marks is a gate; it's designed to deter people from stockpiling marks. Les stockpiling is an incentive to buy what you need instead of saving up.

'point of purchase' methodology.

Anyone who has processed 10K+ knows this well.

Having said that I stockpile between dil events and convert the day of. This past event was the longest in terms of time for me - Essentially 2 days of manually converting marks while catching up on DVR's stuff on the second screen.

Yeah - not entirely fun. 1.8 million dil (bonus incl.) was nice though.
  • dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Agreed. Most of my toons have several thousand marks of every type stacked on them. It's not very often that I need dil to buy something, but when I do converting several thousand marks 50 at a time really kills what little desire to log in I still have.
  • phoenixwraithphoenixwraith Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I like this idea. I have the feeling that the Devs do not wish to see more of a power creep then what already took place. Personally I would love to see a mass conversation for the marks myself.

Maybe being able to drop 1000 marks in a 20 hour period but you still have to refine the dilithium. I hope they do come out with something but as long as it has been mentioned I am not going to be holding my breath.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yes in our eyes a good idea but to craptic it keeps us in game a bit longer so looks better to them in there metrics.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jeanluck4 wrote: »
    I can possibly offer a simple solution that consisterai to add a new project to the reputations of exchanging 500 marks against 5000 dilithium in addition to the already existing 50 marks against 500 dilithium.

This will not solve the basic problem of course but would allow a simple and quick solution for better games in the meantime better.

^^+1
    I really do not know why after every mission I have to spend a minute in the window reputation to replace a marks. It's almost as annoying as dissapering of powers from power tray, which is still going on, and I have not seen in any other game.
    But the developers do not read this forum and instead revamped something that works well (doff UI , beam overload).
  • shadowrycheshadowryche Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd like to see them maybe add a vendor where we can quickly turn in our marks or various bonus items for Dilithium. Just last night I spent hours converting just my Borg Nueral Processors into unrefined Dilithium. Real easy to get burnt out on a game spending so much time doing tedious TRIBBLE.
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am fully supporting this idea with my 13k+ Omega Marks (it isn´t a lot but only having the 50 mark project available is rather nerve grating).

Or: I would say give a 50, 500 and 1000 Mark option. That should cover most aspects.

I'd get behind that.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just make ONE mark conversion mission... sliding the bar all the way over converts all the marks you have.

Really... doing 50 at a time on five different rep systems is insane.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Constructive thread is here and no response , no one answered , if it's possible to do or why the devs do not want to do .