test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's your big fear about Delta Rising?

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I fear there are so many LTS members now that even the Gold queues to get into the game will be 20,000 long once it goes live - please Cryptic, tell us you upgraded your Server capacity for the first month of Delta Rising? :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My biggest fear is that my T5 ships WON'T become obsolete and buying new T6 ships will not be necessary.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    you aint about the doom life?
    Nope. It is stupid.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Nope. It is stupid.

You dare call it stupid :eek: your DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEEEDDDDDD :P
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    DR worries me, because based on the information we have thus far, it could be the start of a slippery slope that could either kill the game, or kill off the playerbase. Either end is not appealing.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    vawlkus wrote: »
    DR worries me, because based on the information we have thus far, it could be the start of a slippery slope that could either kill the game, or kill off the playerbase. Either end is not appealing.
    A slippery slope of what? Adding new end-game Content - something we have been asking them to do for 4 years? :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited September 2014
    vawlkus wrote: »

Im curious, would you care to elaborate on which parts of delta rising you think could contribute to either end?
    edited September 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    A slippery slope of what? Adding new end-game Content - something we have been asking them to do for 4 years? :)

DDDDDOOOMM
    wait isnt this the doom thread? :P

In all honesty im loving this cap increase, i would suggest a very basic T5 given at lvl 50, so that F2P dont fall that far behind
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    all in all i am quite lookin forward to DR just a shame there are some of my ships that i may never upgrade so likely wont use very often only maybe if i do an older mission that doesent need the extras the T5U offers.
    other then that i think overall its gonna be awsome, ive had a go of the first mission and though i rushed through it a bit it was still quite good, not hard at all in a standard T5.
    later missions most likely will be more of a challange but ill have a few T5U`s at my disposal by then.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

edited September 2014
    all in all i am quite lookin forward to DR just a shame there are some of my ships that i may never upgrade so likely wont use very often only maybe if i do an older mission that doesent need the extras the T5U offers.
    other then that i think overall its gonna be awsome, ive had a go of the first mission and though i rushed through it a bit it was still quite good, not hard at all in a standard T5.
    later missions most likely will be more of a challange but ill have a few T5U`s at my disposal by then.

It is worth a note that the devs say ALL the new story missions are perfectly playable on normal T5s, the only place they say T5-U/T6 will be a serious asset is the new elite level
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Fear? I wouldn't call it fear, that's too strong emotion to be related to a video game.

What worries me however is the possibility the new content won't be properly adapted for the different factions and have all of them behaving more or less like one of them. I'm also worried that from this point on we won't be getting any faction specific story content which would dissapoint me immensely.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That I won't be able to team up for the missions. I have HATED how all the latest FE's are single player only. This is a bloody MMO, there is no reason for it. If I have 40 new missions and can't do them with a friend or my BOFF's I will be very disappointed.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Putting aside the catastrophic topic of T5 vs T5-U vs T6 vs Non-Starfleet looking ships...

What is your biggest fear about the upcoming expansion?

My biggest fear is:

We'll get to the Delta Quadrant. There will be about 5-8 nice missions in a story arc (Like Wasteland, Breen Invasion, etc.) and then we'll be done, except for raids.

I guess my fear is not truly being able to "explore" the Delta Quadrant and make it a real destination to park a ship and crew for a year or what have you.

So, what is your big fear?

a doom thread? because it looks like it.

i dont have any expectations or hopes on DR really, no disappointments or fuss about doom and gloom.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In addition to ships?

Probably reputation, fleet and so on all being invalidated. I also have fears for crafting being all fubar.

Yesterday it also hit me now the ships are un-offiical or fake, everything in sto is fake :(

So in line with the fake romulan faction everything is just going to be a fubar version of what it ought to be.

Then they showed some new mini borg race in a blog in weird costumes and I am like here we go again
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nothing really to fear...

However, I hate the fact that Cryptic is not doing any story missions other than the single episodic mission and using back stories and STFs to fill in the a few of the countless gaps. It would be nice if they returned to using several single player missions to advance the storyline.
  • hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm freakin psyched for this next expansion! New Borg shenanigans, exploration, and according to some people I've talked with, they're saying that it'll take multiple missions to level from one grade to the next, so there should be tons of new missions, and if they're the quality that of minescape, this should be fantastic! Needless to say, I already bought the ops pack, and I'm looking forward to having that grappler too.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I guess I'm a little worried the new STF will be boring to replay

Don;t get me wrong I love the fact we are getting a new one, I just hope its got better replay value than previous STF missions.

I'd love more randomised Objectives, changing parameters and locations, different enemy spawns, Things that change to keep me engaged rather than repeating the same exact mission spawn for spawn every time

Even though its a fairly minor change, I really liked the fact that the Undine Infiltrators weren't the same people every time, granted it could have been made a lot more challenging to identify them, but the slight change of the parameters was nice, I actually paid attention to mission each time instead of playing on auto pilot
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • mcluvinmcluvin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would like to send my crew off to the DQ and leave them there, full resources at a base from which they can explore, I don't want to have to transwarp back to my SB or ESD every 5 minutes, talk about immersion breaking. I don't think the mission transwarp should work in the DQ for missions in the AQ either, I want to have some "feel" of being far away from Earth, I want it to take some RL time to get back there which is why all the resources we need to explore the DQ should be there.

I want to see not only an impressive story arc that has upcoming episodes as well as an initial 20-30 missions, but also many good quality radiant missions hidden throughout the quadrant. I really want to feel I am exploring.

I want to see all the different sectors of the DQ on one map without loading screens, I want VO for all NPCs we can interact with and multiple branching event lines within stories so I can go back and play them differently.

Tons more of course, but my biggest fear is we will get none of the above.

Transwarp is the solution for the fact that sector space is terrible. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that sector space is terrible.

This is why there is no feel of exploration in STO. If that can be fixed, then transwarp could be removed and we could enjoy some video game Trekness. Until then, I guess we just grind STFs.

Sadly from what I read a few years back it sounds like maybe the cryptic engine isn't up to the task because of relying too heavily on having lots of instances... or something. I dunno.

Anyway I still think it would be cool to fly from place to place in STO without loading screens or weirdly scaled artifacts like star systems that look the same size as a ship. Considering that the delta quadrant is Voyager's domain, I'd like to see the exploration experience take shape in Delta Rising. But it probably won't because it's harder to sell than shiny ships and pew pew.

PS the delta pack ships look super goofy imo
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That we'll get a big burst of new story content... after which they'll be slow to add more.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My big fear is that it'll just be more of the same. You can add as many ships or missions as you want, but it means nothing if the game, at it's core, is the same old rubbish, with a fresh coat of paint to hide the old and dated underneath.

It will feel the same as it has always been. It will feel old. It will not feel new.
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Biggest fear is that all the whining and crying from the 'waaaahh my gear isn't best anymore waaahh I might have to actually pay something for a quality service I enjoy" will somehow spoil things for the rest of us.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Great question!

My biggest fear is already confirmed in the existing game and that is...lack of fear. What I mean is...you can simply cruise around the STO universe with impunity, not getting attacked or challenged or anything. I can fly around from map to map with impunity. I've suggested random encounters, but that suggestion was bashed by most of the responders. Many pointed out that it used to be in the game, but was removed because most of the players didn't like it.

It's supposed to be a big mysterious and potentially dangerous universe. But not in this game it isn't.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.
    In every dark hour of our national life a leadership of frankness and of vigor has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves which is essential to victory.
    And I am convinced that you will again give that support to leadership in these critical days.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    DDDDDOOOMM
    wait isnt this the doom thread? :P

In all honesty im loving this cap increase, i would suggest a very basic T5 given at lvl 50, so that F2P dont fall that far behind
    they get one at level 40. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Story missions wont be playable until DR goes live on holodeck.

I played one on Wednesday...

Mindscape

and it was awesome
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • haldan1968haldan1968 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lag, glitches, bugs, and having all my performance settings completely re-set again so I can spend another hour or so figuring out where the anti-alias slider is again, or where the texture mapping options are…

But other than that, I am pretty optimistic about this expansion, and look forward to the new shiny things coming our way.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That despite the arrival of T6, I still won't be able to find a ship that really suits me.

Yes, that really is the best I can do. I'm just not seeing anything about DR that really troubles me.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Spiders...really big spiders
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    Fear is not something I feel about video games.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2014