test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway Event

Comments

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hasn't all this stuff already been given away on other 'freebie weekends'?

I answered you in the other thread, if you hadn't found it... it's a bit of a wall-o-text, but it lists all of the previous giveaway items from their original forum posts.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hasn't all this stuff already been given away on other 'freebie weekends'?
    I think it was.

EDIT:
    This or the other way, things where for free at some point.
    This time it's simply a TNG themed weekend, without giving the GCS any attention, AGAIN.
    (but it's not really surprising)
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    I think it was.

Nah, these are different freebies, click the link in my prior post. It was a pain in the aft to recreate that list, thank you very much. :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited August 2014
    I still don't really understand why they seem to think Ambassador and Galaxy are interchangeable with each other. Ambassador was clearly pre TNG.
    They really should have reworked the G-R finally.(simply click on my sig pic)

@devs:
    Can we get at least some additional pylons for the Ambassador this time?
    Like this for example?

I mean it's a T5 ship which means it's a 25th century retrofit anyway, so a small visual modification should be doable.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    MAking the Ambassador a cstore item with accoutn wide unlock and reclaimability is a nice gift indeed, I didn't expect that. If it comes with a fleet discount as well, this is going to be tough - I might have to think about promoting my sci toon to full captain and let her have an Ambassador :D

Other than that, S1 uniforms and raptor bridges and the Varanus for KDF are also nice. Maybe the Varanus could lead to me getting two new character slots (once the exchange cooled down) and roll another KDF toon.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    llkill0rll wrote: »
    i have no right to complain? sure i have same like everyone else have the right otherwise sto would be never the same. it is a FREE giveaway yes but the romulans are not getting that stuff that makes sto to sto - the ships! even IF the feds or the kdf ships should be able to use for roms (to USE not just to get it and wont be able to use it) then this would be also worthless coz the romulans cant use the unique parts that makes the romulans unique same like every race, so what u want to explain now?
    that its fine that all romulans cant get a 2k zen ship of thems race and the rest can? sure men :rolleyes:

The entitlement is delicious. Thank you for the first chuckle this early in the morning.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Much appreciated Cryptic. :)

I now have a Gorn Sci to level...
  • llkill0rllllkill0rll Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Much appreciated Cryptic. :)

I now have a Gorn Sci to level...

good morning and let you taste it :cool:
    edited August 2014
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The Ambassador is first seen in the TNG episode "Yesterday's Enterprise" thus why it fits in a TNG weekend.
    Trhat doesn't change the fact that it is not a TNG era ship.

Don't get me wrong the Ambassador is one of my favs but i fail to see the immediate connection to TNG, aside from it's first appearance.
    They should have at least released a Mirror G-R with Ambassador Stats (BOFFs/Consoles).

A tale of two Picards
  • keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    Trhat doesn't change the fact that it is not a TNG era ship.

Don't get me wrong the Ambassador is one of my favs but i fail to see the immediate connection to TNG, aside from it's first appearance.
    They should have at least released a Mirror G-R with Ambassador Stats (BOFFs/Consoles).

The USS Exacilbur was int the part 2 episode about the Klingon civil war. I think the episode was called Redemption and was the first episode of season 5 of TNG. The Exacilbur was an Ambassador class ship briefly commanded by Riker. It was later featured in a book series by Peter David.

Also, in the pilot of Deep Space Nine, an Ambassador class ship is seen in formation with a Nebula class ship attacking the Borg cube in the Battle of Wolf 359. It is presumed that that ship was destroyed and was part of the ship grave yard seen in the TNG episode Best of Both Worlds Part 2

I believe that establishes the Ambassador serving along side modern federation ships during the TNG time line.
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    durenas wrote: »
    It's amusing the stuff that cryptic chooses to give away for free. I can't help but wonder how they select the giveaways? Based on sales(or lack thereof)? Because as I recall last time there was a t1 ship, a t3 ship, a horta pet, a costume? a bridge pack, of all things... all things that the typical player would look at in the cstore and go 'meh I can't see spending money on that'.

So are they giving this stuff away because they can't sell it?

That would explain the lack of Tactical options in the freebies. Always seems to be Sci. :(
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you Cryptic. Someone had pointed out somewhere on the forums what was given away in the past and it turned out the last giveaway was the KDF Bird of Prey bridges. I didn't have the Raptor bridge variants yet from the c-store. :)

The only other thing I didn't already have is that account wide T5 Ambassador. I look forward to tomorrow. :D

P.S. Please make the T5 Ambassador always available for purchase for those who didn't get it for free and please add the T5 Kamarag Battlecruiser to the c-store and make both give a fleet ship module discount for their fleet counterparts. Them not being in the c-store is why I've never bothered to purchase the fleet versions. I would have been happy to actually pay for the Ambassador as an account unlock, but this is much appreciated. Thank you. :)
  • zeuslegion1zeuslegion1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So will the free T5 Ambassador be eligible this time for the 75% fleet module discount? If so, I will get the fleet version and then the T5U Fleet version later.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I already got Galaxy bridges (from bundle) but thats it, so
    the rest is welcome...
    Especially the ships.
    The Ambassador class is the T5 variant, that people almost begged
    Cryptic to release for long time...
    It's the same ship (i think) that is used in mission
    "Temporal Ambassador" - but it's the one used, not he one
    given as reward for mission (that one is T3 Ambassador now,
    though there was some talk that it was T5 version when the mission
    was first launched).
    As for T5 Kamarang - it would be harder, because even when
    i did the mission as KDF - it still used T5 Ambassador...
    The Varanus is too interesting - especially, when there was
    talk some time ago about how all science ships will get
    secondary deflectors in future... - well maybe it will be now?

If it is the one from Temporal ambassador I already have it but it's good other people can get the Enterprise C
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    for sure, ppls like him made it many times and if u are in many forums then u will get sick of ppls that means to say something and dont know even the right.

and if the romulans are so good why then there are still so many feds? i dont talk about what romulans have already. im talking about that cryptic shoud be fair. the ships they offer arent the best but usuable and i dont care if the ship sucks that they will make for free for romulan fraction but it would be fair just to throw one ship out thats it. romulans dont have a brifge style to change, they have only the good ships from the fleet and maybe the scimmy but not that much as the rest and for real at least even a shuttle would be fair then, its just not okay.

Romulans are no longer the flavour. Cryptic areleaving it lower than the KDF used to be which is why I'm considering deleting my rom toon as I very rarely use him and havent even finished the story.

The new flavor will be what ever half baked mini facton will come out with x2 which from general consensue could be a borg mini faction. Possibly the collective. I hope not
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    To be honest, i am not certain that is true.

The temporal ambassador event was held before the release of the romulans.
    Since the T5 Ambassador is not a paid T5 C-store ship it is very well possible that Romulans from both sides get access to this ship.

After all, the Romulans played an important part in Yesterday's Enterprise even if they were never on screen.

It's a Tier V ship so they won't
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    But the T5 Ambassador is an event ship and therefor it is possible that this hard cap on faction T5 ship does not apply.

As for those who were asking for D'deridex, we don't even know if that class was in use during the Kithomer Incident.

Doesnt have to be it#s a iconic TNG ship I for one would like a Big D but Cryptic won;t give anything to the roms this time.
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    valethar wrote: »
    That would explain the lack of Tactical options in the freebies. Always seems to be Sci. :(

Well the more popular a c-store item is the greater the probability that everyone [interested] already has it.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, this is free stuff, which is nice, and some of it is stuff I was thinking about maybe getting sometime, which is doubly nice. So all I have to say is thank you, Cryptic, for this one.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Had some of the stuff already, claimed the rest. Thanks!
  • kryptkprkryptkpr Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I think the TNG theme has a bit to do with it. The only TNG uniforms they could give away are the Romulan TNG ones, and maybe they're more in demand than I think they are. Although free is probably the only way I'd ever buy one of those. ;)

I don't think there's much chance they'll give away a D'D retrofit any time soon, so there we are.
    for sure, ppls like him made it many times and if u are in many forums then u will get sick of ppls that means to say something and dont know even the right.

and if the romulans are so good why then there are still so many feds? i dont talk about what romulans have already. im talking about that cryptic shoud be fair. the ships they offer arent the best but usuable and i dont care if the ship sucks that they will make for free for romulan fraction but it would be fair just to throw one ship out thats it. romulans dont have a brifge style to change, they have only the good ships from the fleet and maybe the scimmy but not that much as the rest and for real at least even a shuttle would be fair then, its just not okay.
    Sorry bud. I tried using the Excelsior Retrofit on a Romulan character and it wouldn't let me buy the ship. While he definitely was rude and poorly-spoken (figuratively), he is still correct. Romulan characters CAN use C-Store vessels made for Starfleet and the Klingon Empire at Captain level, but no higher.

Ok, first off I have to say thanks for giving us free stuff, it is something that you don't have to do and it is a great gesture on your part. We all love free things, that being said I have to point out the negatives about the givaway:

First off, the Fed ship being givien away this year was already given away last year in 2 different versions, and Romulan's CANNOT use it.
    The KDF ship is a decent ship and its nice because it gives sci captains another option for a ship, however it is a sci ship not a cruiser like the fed ship, and Romulan/Reman players CANNOT use it.

The uniforms are always nice it gives players more options, HOWEVER do the KDF or Rom/Reman players get any....NO

Do the Romulan/Remans get a new bridge option....NO

So lets recap:
    Feds get a ship that was given away last year, they get 2 uniforms & a bridge, KDF get a decent ship a bridge and NO uniforms, Romulan/Reman get NO ship and NO uniforms.

So again the Romulan/Reman players get totally screwed again and this year there is ZERO excuse for it because you can not claim they are 'too new' anymore. It is not our fault that there is not 'enough' Romulan ships/items, we have been asking for them.

Giving out free things is great but when you completely and intentionally exclude your newest 'faction/race', give out things already given out and favor one faction/race over another it is HIGHLY insulting, I have been, as i'm sure many other have been also, waiting since last year for the romulans to get something in this years giveaway, but instead they get completely forgotten & excluded, where is all the 'new' items we were told they going to get???

How is this in any way what so ever even remotely fair or balanced?? Oh my bad, it is NOT.

Dont get me wrong, Getting free stuff is great and appreciated, but if your going to do it make it as absolutely fair/balanced as possible, if you cant then simply do not do it..

I know there are those of you who will 'hate' on this but it is true and needs to be said, the only way the 3 factions/races will get treated fairly is if WE the players say enough is enough..
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    To be honest, i am not certain that is true.

The temporal ambassador event was held before the release of the romulans.
    Since the T5 Ambassador is not a paid T5 C-store ship it is very well possible that Romulans from both sides get access to this ship.

After all, the Romulans played an important part in Yesterday's Enterprise even if they were never on screen.

Seems i was right after all. Just claimed the T5 version for my fed-Rom.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've got one two.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • rayethrayeth Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can't see the T5 Ambassador class in the zen store. I can see the klingon ship, but not the fed one...anyone else having this issue?
    I found a plot hole! NURSE!
  • lobukialobukia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can't claim. Fed character, level 11, says I can't use it? What gives?

I get that my level is too low, but I can't claim it or the Gorn for later?
  • solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rayeth wrote: »
    I can't see the T5 Ambassador class in the zen store. I can see the klingon ship, but not the fed one...anyone else having this issue?
    It seems when you have the T3 Support Cruiser from the mission, the T5 Retrofit doesn't show up in the store.
    Discharge the T3 Ambassador then open the C-store again.
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've got the tier 3 verson and the tier 5 showed up after a few mintues.

My Romulan now has both.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Do you have to be level 50 to claim the ships?

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution