test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundy Mission Creation Livestreams !

cmdrhawkeyezcmdrhawkeyez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Greetings,

I was around when Cryptic ran things the PWE came in and now we have Arc-games an such.

Well I like to create things in the space age genre as evidenced on my various Space MMO livestreams.

Of late I am back to STO for awhile - back at looking to create some Roleplay missions for my characters.

Before that process begins, I am re-learning The Foundry and figured since it doesnt stress my computer too much I may as well stream my Foundry learning processes in STO.

While it is fun it can be frustrating at times as I am not very logically minded; ya this from a Science officer who has Vulcan logic traits - RP-Wise an such.

My streams are at:

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta

I play another Space Mission creation game on there as well - and some other various MMOs, but lately here I am ...

I have watched the UGC tutorials and am trying to make sense of them and you can watch as I learn; it is a nice space trip !

Altho I wasnt planning on it, it looks like I will be beta testing The Foundry on Tribble when Delta Rising comes up; I think thats in October so I gots plenty of time.

For now I build up new missions from scratch and am starting to build them up quicker each time as I am getting better.

Unfortunately I am having a personal issue or 2 at home so if I dissappear it will only be temporary; sometimes I may go weeks between projects to keep my brain in variance mode.

Wish me luck - I stream almost every night and it seems as tho no one streams STO hardly - I saw one fellow had like 20 lvl 50 alt chars??? He must have been on Tribble you think...?

Cmdr Hawkeyez
Post edited by cmdrhawkeyez on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wish your streams luck.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Greetings,

I was around when Cryptic ran things the PWE came in and now we have Arc-games an such.

Well I like to create things in the space age genre as evidenced on my various Space MMO livestreams.

Of late I am back to STO for awhile - back at looking to create some Roleplay missions for my characters.

Before that process begins, I am re-learning The Foundry and figured since it doesnt stress my computer too much I may as well stream my Foundry learning processes in STO.

While it is fun it can be frustrating at times as I am not very logically minded; ya this from a Science officer who has Vulcan logic traits - RP-Wise an such.

My streams are at:

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta

I play another Space Mission creation game on there as well - and some other various MMOs, but lately here I am ...

I have watched the UGC tutorials and am trying to make sense of them and you can watch as I learn; it is a nice space trip !

Altho I wasnt planning on it, it looks like I will be beta testing The Foundry on Tribble when Delta Rising comes up; I think thats in October so I gots plenty of time.

For now I build up new missions from scratch and am starting to build them up quicker each time as I am getting better.

Unfortunately I am having a personal issue or 2 at home so if I dissappear it will only be temporary; sometimes I may go weeks between projects to keep my brain in variance mode.

Wish me luck - I stream almost every night and it seems as tho no one streams STO hardly - I saw one fellow had like 20 lvl 50 alt chars??? He must have been on Tribble you think...?

Cmdr Hawkeyez

My 9 part back to basics series should be a pretty useful walk-through for you. Good luck.

edit: I don't see anything on the linked page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cmdrhawkeyezcmdrhawkeyez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello,

Twitch is having ALOT of growing pains and DDOS attacks lately; there service is not very stable lately it seems and I also have to make sure my Flashplayer is uptodate as well.

My streams are available stored for 14 days according to the new rules then they go bye bye unless I highlight them.

Oh yes I been reviewing those back to basics and trying to relearn The Foundry; right now I am workin on dialogues and triggers for the most part just startin new projects. I published one for testing purposes only as published missions may act differently I read; thanks for the tips I also joined up with UGC and was lookin for some streams from them.

Tonite its just more of the same with emphasis on how to get the doors to work in space instead from a spacedock.

Cmdr Hawkeyez
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I skimmed the 104 video. It seems like some classic examples of things that are not intuitive in the foundry. There is a chat room at Starbase UGC. If you need instant answers from experienced authors, they are usually there 24/7.

It's actually kind of fun to watch a new person learn the tools.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cmdrhawkeyezcmdrhawkeyez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello,

Ya kinda fun alrighty. Now I have an issue with the music I was playing to relax by on Twitch - it seems as tho it was copyrighted. Well all of my past streams have been audio-muted; I am not too happy but in the mill of things I will have to redo them anyways now since I have a better idea of what I am doing - in the beginnings that is, I dont care.

I also am noting exactly to make sure the music has what is called a "Standard Youtube License" and "Creative Commons" which means the music is not copyrighted; I guess I have to look more closely on those music sites.

I will be tryin out a stream or 2 tonite - probly like a New Project rehashing what I have learned so far.

I saw the chat once - not many in there I think I saw castmodien once; I will keep tabs and I am lookin at Skype at some point.

(EDIT: I cant stream tonite wah ... computer broke haha I will try to be tamarra nite)

(Edit: Looks like I wont be streaming for a few weeks I dunno; computer woes and other projects goin on; I am workin on fixin things so I can stream again)

Hawkeyez