edited August 2015 in Earth Spacedock
Starfleet Operations

part of the UFPlanets.com Star Trek Community
Established in 2002

FAQ: faq.ufplanets.com
Apply to join: join.ufplanets.com
Armada Application Page

An Introduction to Starfleet Operations

Starfleet Operations is the division within the UFP community which handles the running of the Federation fleet. We are home to a wide range of players from the casual to the hardcore and welcome Romulans who have joined with the Federation. Having a dedicated group of officers to look after the processing of invites, officers to ensure our holdings are running in a smooth manner and a well stocked fleet bank. We are always looking for brave new officers to join us in game, it's a good place to meet new people and enhance your STO experience!

What Starfleet Operations offers it members:

• Fully upgraded fleet holdings
  • 2 high level alt fleets for additional characters
  • Regular in-game events
  • Trade forum to buy and sell items
  • Dedicated chat channel to communicate across all of the UFPs fleets

Introduction to UFP

Since it's creation in May 2002, the UFP has grown from a small Star Trek gaming clan to what it is today, an international Star Trek community made by fans, for fans.

It is a place where thousands of Star Trek fans of all ages from all around the world come together to share in their passion for all things Star Trek. With a team of more than fifty dedicated volunteers who all love Star Trek, their mission is to make sure our community members have the best and most unique Star Trek experience on the internet. The UFP provides the ultimate fan club, without the fees, without the fuss and without the cliche mistakes.

We offer a lot more to Star Trek fans than simply a place to talk about Star Trek. UFP also actively supports a range of Star Trek games from the MMO 'Star Trek Online' to classic titles such as 'Star Trek: Bridge Commander' and 'Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force' as well as roleplaying via Forum SIMMs and RPG-X. UFP also features it's own in-house news team who report the latest Star Trek news as well as producing thought provoking articles and delivering world exclusive interviews."

What the UFP offers it members:

• A rich and vibrant community made up of members of all ages from more than 40 different nationalities.
  • Award winning authentic Star Trek website and forums.
  • Moderated TeamSpeak 3 server.
  • News area featuring exclusive news reports, interviews and articles.
  • Regular live streamed social events.
  • Active support and regular hosted events for Star Trek Online, Star Trek Armada I & II, Star Trek Bridge Commander and Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force.
  • Free copies of Elite Force Holomatch and RPG-X thanks to our partnership with Activision and CBS.
  • Nova powered role playing SIMMs.

What the UFPlanets.com Community asks of its gaming members (what we call the Starfleet branch):

All that members are asked for from the UFPlanets.com Community is simple and easy. Members are asked to sign the Community Roll Call which happens on a monthly basis. This can be done fairly easily with just a few clicks of the mouse. The second is to adhere to our simple Community code of conduct.

Why should I join the UFPlanets.com Community?

Our gaming fleet, known as 'The United Federation of Planets', has been voted the world's number one Star Trek gaming fleet and for good reason, we have a large and friendly membership, dedicated officers and an award winning website and forums all of which is in addition to our strong support for a range of Star Trek titles some of which we are able to provide to our members for free!

We're eager to build on our success and develop an equally impressive Star Trek community where fans of all ages from around the world can enjoy a truly authentic and entertaining Star Trek social experience.

Despite our achievements and successes we are aware that our community might not be for everyone so if you would like to know more please feel free to pay us a visit at www.ufplanets.com to find out more about us.

To those interested in Armada Partnerships:

We are very interested in finding reputable and well-respected community partners to form new relationships. The UFP Armada is designed with a community focus at the forefront and we have been an influential part of the Star Trek gaming scene for over 13 years. What separates our Armada from others you may come across is our dedication to members and those wishing to align themselves with us.

We have an extensive history with STO, including interviews with influential developers, assistants and stars with more planned for the future. We also have a number of dedicated STO players who are always willing to help others out with builds, tips and tricks, helping players with their own goals, or just getting together for fun.

The UFP is currently spread across 5 total fleets, 3 Federation and 2 KDF. We have a 60 day inactivity policy enforced for our primary fleets, but our alt fleets are unrestricted. The UFP currently has over 1300 active characters and 600 unique STO members.

We would like to be your home away from home among the stars. We support autonomy for all armada members, but we will also work to ensure that you have representation and a voice in matters affecting relations between different groups, the management of armada features, and an open line of communication to discuss concerns and questions. Your fleet will be recognized as an important part of our greater community!
1PvbVF8.png
Post edited by ufplanetsltd on

Comments

• dentariidentarii Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A new thread at last! It's brand new and more representative of what the UFPlanets.com community is. We can keep this thread updated with relevant and interesting information about our community.

Come and check us out! :)
    Dentari.png
  • asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    All levels welcome and we have many helpful members around if you get stuck with anything, along with regular events and some weekly events. Such as today we have had PvP Friday, on Sundays and Wednesdays, we have STF nights but there is a lot more to do any many members to meet :cool:
  • commandersolacecommandersolace Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Awesome the new thread is up! If you are interested in signing up, go ahead we do lots more on here than just STO. We have dedicated divisions for roleplaying on Star Trek Elite Force (RPGX) and there's usually an event for vintage Star Trek titles :D
    Solace.png
    "I'd be delighted to offer advice on women. When I have some I'll let you know..." - Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard
  • britsurfer2014britsurfer2014 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is a great community to join, lots to do, all levels welcome, a varied selection of events to participate in:)

You know you want too :) Check us out
    ==Join the United Federation of Planets==
    Britsurfer.png
    ==Read about the UFPlanets Armada==
  • kyoto98kyoto98 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A shiny new thread! :D The UFP does have a lot to offer and supports a wide variety of Star Trek relation games including STO.
  • wesstanwesstan Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    One of our most famous and fun events is running tomorrow: STF Sunday. It is a very good opportunity to get to know the fleet and basic ingame tactics better aswell as to grind some dilithium for the upcoming expansion (we will need lots of it i guess).

You may find a link to the event here: https://ufplanets.com/events.php?do=view&id=3238
    Make sure to sign-up fast with us to be able to attend the event and have a great start into your UFP career!
    Wesstan.png
  • commandersolacecommandersolace Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Little bit about the UFP HERE
    Solace.png
    "I'd be delighted to offer advice on women. When I have some I'll let you know..." - Cpt. Jean-Luc Picard
  • survivorofremussurvivorofremus Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The UFP is a Fantastic Community, would recommend them to anyone :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ufplanetsltdufplanetsltd Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nice to see all the posts about the new thread. Some of the events we are running to tonight include our STF Sundays and the new SRP we are running for our older gamers such as RPG-X. Everyone's welcome :P
    1PvbVF8.png
    edited August 2014
    STFs and the SRP are both happening today! Both great ways to meet and talk to new faces, make new friends and possibly to share your own knowledge with others! We have community positions open for those who are interested in playing a bigger role :cool:
  • devast8tordevast8tor Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've been with the UFP for more than 2 years after the fleet I originally founded stalled due to most of my fleet members moving on to other games. I spent a lot of time researching the UFP before deciding to join, and I've never regretted joining such a great community. This group literally has everything you could ever want. Come on over and check us out!
    Daedalus-STO.png
    edited September 2014
    devast8tor wrote: »
    This group literally has everything you could ever want. Come on over and check us out!

Good point. We are also publishing our own trek news via the Federation News Service (FNS). The latest article is a wonderful review of the new STO Constellation class:
    https://ufplanets.com/content.php?433-Constellation-Class-Review
    Wesstan.png
  • benhurley1benhurley1 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In order to cater for ever member, we have a Star Trek book club in the works! It should prove quite interesting.

https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?45057-In-Development-The-Star-Trek-Book-Club&p=231990&viewfull=1#post231990
    BenHurley.png
    edited September 2014
    A poll has recently been posted asking which Star Trek race you would find most difficult to work with! If you are interested in discussions of Trek, we have many :cool:
    edited September 2014
    Intelligence ships? Intelligence officers? Upgrade Tokens? Find out what you will be getting when purchasing the Delta Rising Operations Pack:

https://ufplanets.com/content.php?435-Delta-Rising-Operations-Pack-Revealed
    Wesstan.png
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We're about to start a major cross platform event called Strategem involving STO, Elite Force, Bridge Commander and Armada 2. All the great games in a single cross platform event!

Find out more here;
    https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?45214-Stratagem-What-is-it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Our weekly STF Wednesday event is due to start in just about 4 hours. It's a wonderful way to meet fellow members! Details are available about this and other events here: https://ufplanets.com/events.php

join.ufplanets.com
    Cehus.png
  • peewee3695peewee3695 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    UFP provides excellent end-game content support and events. Please give us a look, see what we can do to improve your STO experience!
    KerryMalone.png

• wixibanwixiban Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Got a chance to test the new Borg PVE Queue mission tonight. :)
    Wixiban.png
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wixiban wrote: »
    Got a chance to test the new Borg PVE Queue mission tonight. :)

Provided you are smart Advanced can be easy on the optionals until you get to the bosses
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phoenixfettphoenixfett Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Come join the wonderful family that is the UFP or brothers and sisters of arms of HOK
    edited September 2014
    Come join the wonderful family that is the UFP or brothers and sisters of arms of HOK

Except tonight we will be shooting at each other in some PvP :cool:
  • silynn1silynn1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Except tonight we will be shooting at each other in some PvP :cool:

The Saturday morning cleaning crew always complain about the extra work they have to do. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    We currently have some nice data gathering of upgradable (T5-U) ships on tribble. Check them out here:
    https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?45954-T5-U-Ship-Upgrades
    Wesstan.png
    edited September 2014
    The Federation News Service has an article addressing the new voice actors who will be present in Delta Rising. It will be good to see (or hear) some old faces. You can view the article here.

Our in house news is one of many reasons to join the UFP community. Come along and take a look!
    Dentari.png
  • devast8tordevast8tor Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Speaking of news, did you know that our news service regularly gets exclusive scoops on STO developments? A recent article was featured on our site for weeks before being posted on the official site!
    Daedalus-STO.png
  • lynxmukkalynxmukka Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    devast8tor wrote: »
    Speaking of news, did you know that our news service regularly gets exclusive scoops on STO developments? A recent article was featured on our site for weeks before being posted on the official site!

Very true, our news team is ever growing and certainly being more successful in delivering news as time goes by.
    edited September 2014
    Plus i like the feature that all those trek-related news which are there for everyone and not just our community members are placed prominently at our front page (right where they are supposed to be): https://ufplanets.com
    Wesstan.png
    edited September 2014
    wesstan wrote: »
    Plus i like the feature that all those trek-related news which are there for everyone and not just our community members are placed prominently at our front page (right where they are supposed to be): https://ufplanets.com

Good catch.

We have a huge amount of articles which cover a variety of Trek/Sci fi matters, including STO, which are available even to those who aren't members. Feel free to have a browse! :)
    Dentari.png
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm reading your webpage and I came across this: "3.4 - The use of any modification or glitch that may give an unfair advantage is not permitted."

I have to ask, what is UFP's stance on keybinds? It's just that I use them a lot.

Also, how well do you guys cover the UK game time?
    ZiOfChe.png?1