test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway Event

Comments

• fireseeedfireseeed Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looking forward to having 2 new ships to fly before my brand new Tier 6 ship arrives and I'm blinded by the sheer ugliness of them. :P
  • fireseeedfireseeed Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Wow, you're telling us everything you're giving away this weekend rather than leaving us in suspense about what's going to be free every day. Holy TRIBBLE.

And you're making the T5 Ambassador class permanently available for those that claim it? Holy TRIBBLE.

The hell is going on here? This isn't like Cryptic or Perfect World at all. Are we in the mirror universe or something? :confused:

Maybe Cryptic are finally listening to our complaints about blogs with too many redactions in them and silly things like not having ships permanently available after they been claimed.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow, MUCH better than I expected. I have the majority of C-Store stuff after 3.5 years of playing, and they managed to pull up a list of things that I didn't have ANY of! Sweet!

I of course DID have an Ambassador, but now I can delete it and get that slot back and get it back if I want to use it, or use it on an alt who I didn't have during that event, so that's a win.

Plus, the AGT uni, which I totally would not have seen coming. I figured we would get the Racing or Section 31 uni, since people actually buy and use the AGT one.

As for the people complaining: WOW. Free stuff, no conditions attached, and you STILL find something to ***** about? Why are you playing this game when it obviously will never please you?
  • kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    So Klingon and Romulan characters are being shafted again? Good to know!

Klingons! Klingons! We got Klingons here? See? Nobody cares. Nice hat.

I jest, Klingons do get the Varanus for free though.

All things considered, I'd rather have the Kamarag though, esp since my Klingon just got to level 50 and is still using the level 30 Kamarag.

Nice to see the AGT uniforms, I'd been wanting the combadge for some time and hadn't gotten around to buying it.

Still... a free Ambassador? The Ambassador is one of my favorite Starfleet cruisers. Thanks Cryptic.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yaaaaay!!!!

FREE STUFF!!!

And some of it I DON'T HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nice to see that klingons get the only true sci ship they have for free
    jFriX.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ankokuneko wrote: »
    Nice to see that klingons get the only true sci ship they have for free

Varanus was on my long(er) term purchase list. Nice one.

How does the claim work for the T5 ambassador if you already have it from the event?

Edit: Is the T5 ambassador now also available for Fed-Rom?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • gundamite128gundamite128 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Am I the only person who's pissed off they aren't giving out any Romulan faction items? I have a dedicated Romulan character, and only one freaking bridge. DO NOT IGNORE THE REPUBLIC!!!!
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Would like to say thank you to Cryptic for this give away. Only last week I was thinking of getting the Ambassador ship so that was timed nicely :D
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Am I the only person who's pissed off they aren't giving out any Romulan faction items? I have a dedicated Romulan character, and only one freaking bridge. DO NOT IGNORE THE REPUBLIC!!!!

Problem is, what to give them exactly?

The range of Romulan items in the cstore is relatively small, quite recently added and probably still sells well.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Varanus looks interesting I'll get that for my KDF LTG..
    I am looking at this ship
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj6xylw01kI

FED one looks like the Enterprise-C I have already from that Time Ambassador Mission. Don't need another one unless it has something different?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Waaaait a second.

The T5 Ambassador (YAY!) but not the T5 Kamarag? WHY?

No KDF uniforms on Friday and Sunday? WHY?

The only good thing (T5 Ambassador finally!) is obscured by the crappiness that tje KDF *STILL* can't get its counterpart in any way, shape, or form.
  • splingemcgrawsplingemcgraw Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Weren't the early TNG uniforms given away ages ago in an event involving a hologram of Worf? I ask because I'm not seeing them in the z-store either for sale or already purchased, but there was a free TNG admirals uniform.

Also for people being so shocked at a free tier 5 ship, do remember tier 6 is coming shortly.
  • jindarojindaro Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Always happy to receive gifts especially ones I can use and enjoy.

My post 3rd Anniversary Fed Captains thank you for making the Ambassador Retrofit available to them.

Wish that the Romulans and Klingons could get a little more love too.

Having said that the gesture is very much appreciated.
    edited August 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Varanus looks interesting I'll get that for my KDF LTG..
    I am looking at this ship
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj6xylw01kI

FED one looks like the Enterprise-C I have already from that Time Ambassador Mission. Don't need another one unless it has something different?

Do you have the tier 3 or the tier 5 version?

And, from the old event, it was not an account unlock but character bound and unreclaimable.

If, as it appears, its going into the cstore and this grants the module discount, you're looking at an extremely flexible fleet level cruiser.
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Huzzah! I only have the AGT unis and Galaxy Bridge pack. Free stuff!!! Thanks Cryptic.
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So if the T5 Ambassador is now gonna be a "C-Store Ship", does that mean it'll be available for T5-U upgrades to those who pick it up?

Think about it...

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    So Klingon and Romulan characters are being shafted again? Good to know!

Klingons get a T5 ship with a fleet discount and an upgrade path. Feds don't. I'd argue the KDF actually comes out ahead here.
  • stratiussstratiuss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Its either just useless costumes or in this case a ship they had already given away before that i trashed becuase it sucked.
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Eventhough I already have most of the things listed, I want to say thank you.

First, thank you for listing everything that's going to be given away at the start of the event. If the player already has everything that's about to be given away they don't have to wait everyday just to be disappointed and can just move on. If a player didn't already have something they can now wait in anticipation. Good job here.

Second, holy TRIBBLE you guys are adding the one-time anniversary event T5 Ambadassador :D to the C-Store? Finally? I've been hoping this would happen for some time since I have a few alts that were created after the even and never got a shot at the ship. Big thank you from me here!

Third, thank you for being generous and giving stuff away period! :)

Question: If the T5 Ambassador class is going to be added to the C-Store does that mean the T5 Kamarag is going to be added as well?
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Roll on Monday for the Varanus :-D

Cryptic I <3 this giveaway :-D

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stratiuss wrote: »
    Its either just useless costumes or in this case a ship they had already given away before that i trashed becuase it sucked.

Cannot comment on the Varanus, but the lower tier gorn ships really hold their own.

T5 Ambassador is one of the best, if not THE best, cruisers in the game.

So i am a bit confused.. what ship did you trash because it "sucked"?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Following the Constellation class starship we released yesterday with the Picard Maneuver is our TNG themed weekend.
    This weekend we are giving away a FREE C-Store item each day.
    Each day’s item will be available from around 10AM PDT until the same time the following day.
    The giveaway items are:

Friday August 29 – The “The Next Generation Season One” costume pack

Saturday August 30 – The “Galaxy Bridges” and “Raptor Bridges” bridge packs

Sunday August 31 – The “All Good Things Uniforms” costume pack

Monday September 1 – The “Support Cruiser Retrofit: Ambassador Class” Tier 5 starship and “Varanus Support Vessel” Gorn Tier 5 starship
    Hey devs!
    TNG themed weekend would have been P E R F E C T for a reworked G-R.
    The most important TNG content in the game is also the worst ship in STO.

Even the T5 constellation outperforms the G-R, not to speak about the T5 Ambassador or every other T5+ ship in the game.

Want to do TNG fans a real favour?
    Release a mirror Galaxy with the BOFF/console Layout of the Fleet Ambasador or D'Deridex to the C-Store.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I know I'm going to get flamed for being ungrateful, but the Ambassador? Really? The t5 was already free and as it stands, because it was an episode ship, its not upgradable to t5-u and has no console. Feels like a re-gift. Thanks for the kling one though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    I know I'm going to get flamed for being ungrateful, but the Ambassador? Really? The t5 was already free and as it stands, because it was an episode ship, its not upgradable to t5-u and has no console. Feels like a re-gift. Thanks for the kling one though.

Its only a regift is you got the T5 all that time ago, since then its been unavailable.

And, if it is going into the cstore as an actual thing, then it may well be upgradable to fleet for a single module and thus upgradable to T5U.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2014

It has a fleet version though, which can be upgraded. Same goes for the Kamaraq. :)
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sweet, I've been wanting the Varanus, THANKS GUYS! :)
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stratiuss wrote: »

Join date June 2012, and for a first post, I must say this was worth waiting two years for. Bravo sir. :D
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Tier 5 Ambassador/Kamarag are versatile cruisers that Cryptic nailed the layout on. Both are excellent choices if you're looking for a cruiser.

I have a sci alt that flys the Varanus. It has the same layout as the Deep Space Science Vessel, but feels tankier in actual use. Also since Cryptic has buffed the Varanus' console a few times the healing pets it spawns (which only have a one minute cooldown) is actually useful. It's great as a support ship but will hold its own when flying solo.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thats cool your giving people another chance to get the ambassador, and a permanent c store unlock too? well thats differnt. but for the kdf, why the Varanus instead of the ambassador's counterpart, the kamarang?