test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea: T6 Upgrades for Subscribers.

shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
You already get 500 Zen a month for subscribing, so you already technically get an upgrade a month.

I can't help but wonder if any of the raaaaaage would die down if they decided to also give subscribers 1 free upgrade a month in addition to the Zen, though.
Post edited by shaanithegreen on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Every time an LTS member ask for more free stuff a hummingbird dies. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Every time an LTS member ask for more free stuff a hummingbird dies. :)

There are people who aren't lifers who still subscribe.

Not many, granted, but maybe giving them something would change that? I'm not saying make it a vet reward, just flat-out give it to all subscribers.

Or maybe give them one upgrade when reaching T50, since the old Retrofits aren't as big a bonus as they once were.
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think we already get enough as it is. We have access to stuff that other players will never get, no matter how much they play. We also get 500 zen for free a month for the rest of the time the game is active. Why do we need anything else? If you add more, the. the gap between. Us and everyone else will increase and people will start leaving.
  • qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The vet destroyer gets a free upgrade. That is good enough for me right now. I don't think the cost of standard upgrade will be terribly expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Spending the money to be a Gold 'should' net you extra rewards. A gap such be, for willing money spent. And peeps will leave this game regardless, or have so done, using any excuse in the book they want. Not like the subscriber drop that 'certain' other MMOs are having, but peeps come and go, regardless. (And gripe for a perfection that never will be, as far as MMOs ever go. Not like those that gripe, ever code the stuff, for what they want.)

As it is, if upgrades are indeed 500 Yen, there's the gold 'free' upgrade. It 'would' be nice if the bloody devs released some Zen prices well before DR release, so at the very bloody least, people can plan their purchases.

And by the way on that point, for C-Store sales, warn us at least a week in advance. Sheesh.
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't see the fuss, really. LTS get the zen montly... therfore can essentually already get a free T5 upgrade or T6 ship, just not immeidately...

So in essence, your argument is moot? :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm a lifer, and I think that if LTS got more "free" stuff, the whining will go overboard.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why not ask for a pony while you're at it?:rolleyes: Cryptic isn't going to get in the way of grabbing a few more bucks out of your wallet.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In all truth, I doubt most of the demands for free upgrades are coming from Lifers/Subscribers - primarily due to the monthly stipend...

I honestly think the majority are coming from the F2P crowd who don't want to shell out zen, but are happy to accept all the shiny new content for free...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    many of the people who own c-store ships are not lifers or subbers they will have to pay to upgrade their ships as well as subbers or lifers.
    they don't get 500zen a month so how are they to fund the upgrade?
    perhaps they feel just as much raaaaaage as the rest of us maybe even more.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    perhaps they feel just as much raaaaaage as the rest of us maybe even more.
    What's your logic in grouping them together like that? They don't think the same thing just because they share a common trait.
  • quaestusquaestus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    they don't get 500zen a month so how are they to fund the upgrade?

Dilithium exchange...

Why is it 3/4 of this community are up in arms over having to "buy" upgrades when this game is one of the VERY FEW AAA MMO's where you can earn cash-shop currency via gameplay and nobody has to spend anything they don't want to... Am I missing something or is the vocal majority around here really just that clueless?

Wait... after having typed this I just had a flash back to these forums during the C-point to Z-point conversion and I think I answered my own question... *goes back to ignoring the forums*