test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trade Marks to Fleet Marks after hitting Tier 5?

varzecvarzec Member Posts: 129 Media Corps
edited August 2014 in Reputation System
How hard would it be to let us trade our rep marks into fleet marks? I would think this can be an extension on the rep missions to let people have more variety on getting fleet marks. Since those will always be on demand.

We already do something similar with the Doff Missions for trading excess commendation points to fleet marks.
original.jpg?1521423860
Post edited by varzec on

Comments

• semper8semper8 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I fully agree, I said something like this before and was met with disapproval. But I fully agree ever if its a 5 to 10 rep marks to one fleet mark I think would be satisfactory
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pretty much all the content except the Borg STFs already offers choice between themed mark and Fleet Mark anyway. I think it's pretty much only Omega that doesn't offer this because ISE doesn't need more rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Speaking only for myself, I'd rather trade my overage Rep marks for Dilithium. Then contribute to a fleet if needs be to get FC. Which is what I currently do and why I still run Omega STF's.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • sevenschasersevenschaser Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Coming from a small fleet, it would be nice to select an option to convert 1:1 omega marks (OMs) to fleet marks (FMs) or even select them as a reward for each mission.

Other than the no win scenario and the star base defense (one with 20 players) there seems to be no mission that rewards more than 50 FMs.

My fleet only has two semi active players and being able to trade OMs for FMs would really help.

Side note/discussion:
    I wouldn't mind if they introduced a dilithium or energy credit (EC) to fleet mark exchange. Since then you could exchange OMs for dilithium then dilithium for FMs.
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Coming from a small fleet, it would be nice to select an option to convert 1:1 omega marks (OMs) to fleet marks (FMs) or even select them as a reward for each mission.

Other than the no win scenario and the star base defense (one with 20 players) there seems to be no mission that rewards more than 50 FMs.

My fleet only has two semi active players and being able to trade OMs for FMs would really help.

Side note/discussion:
    I wouldn't mind if they introduced a dilithium or energy credit (EC) to fleet mark exchange. Since then you could exchange OMs for dilithium then dilithium for FMs.

Federation/Klingon Fleet Alert routinely awards me 59 FM. It's in the PVE que.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would like to see every PvE mission offer you a choice of fleet or any of the rep marks. That would make getting what you need much easier and more fun instead of locking you into grinding a since PvE queue mission or two for specific marks.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • sevenschasersevenschaser Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    corelogik wrote: »
    Federation/Klingon Fleet Alert routinely awards me 59 FM. It's in the PVE que.

I do the Fleet Alert and Colony Invasion so that is why I mentioned 50 FM since I routinely get 59 but occasionally get less than 50.
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Defera Invasion Zone all 4 hard missions 60 marks. That's 240 a day, 2400 in 10 days and if you have multiple toons the sky is the limit

The last time I did the Defera Invasion zone it took about long as two Infected PvE missions. Since I prefer space PvE missions and many nights I am lucky I have 20 minutes to log into game because of work/home stuff, me doing one Infected for close to 100 marks sounds better than Defera or some of the dedicated FM missions.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Crystalline Entity (Elite) rewards 60 raw FMs as well as dilithium, a crafting box, the queue pops pretty quickly (even more so now with the event running), and is PUGable. That's where I go to work on fleet marks. I used to run fleet alerts while the entity was on cool down, but without a dilithium reward nor the crafting boxes it just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Kind'a sad that I feel like I have to forsake other elements of the game to optimize resource collection to sink into any character advancement.
  • birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Crystalline Entity (Elite) rewards 5 Fleet marks + 60 if you pick the fleet mark box.

I would like to see a daily fleet mark box like the rest of the reps have. An extra 55 marks a day would be nice.