test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Rising teaser. Storyline speculation.

rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
I dunno if this speculation warrants spoilers so ill say it just in case. Potential SPOILERS ahead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7KnpmyHEsc&feature=youtu.be DR teaser.

To understand what I'm banging on about you need to have seen the Voth rep tier cutscenes. Basically the Voth are fighting an unknown foe who are in equal power to the Voth. This war has boiled down into a stalemate. The technology the Sphere has could provide the means for the Voth to finally defeat their foe or at least confine them to their own section of the galaxy by wiping out subspace using the Omega particles.

Who are the Voth fighting? The Borg. In Delta Rising we are going to go from a minor skirmish between the Voth and the Alpha Quadrant in the Sphere battlezone to the frontlines in Delta Rising.

The poopy poo is about to hit the fan and were all going to get a ringside seat in a quadrant wide war. All these other species will have their own adventures and stories etc but the big overall arc i suspect is the huge conflict between the biggest guys on the block. The whole quadrant will be one big adventure zone i suspect.

This is gonna be huge! :eek: :D
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
Post edited by rustiswordz on

Comments

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree, its going to be good that is for sure. The video showed the Voth getting beat up, Borg action, and Kazon. This expansion will keep many players busy for a while.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I think it's a safe bet that the Voth are fighting the Borg, and that we'll be able to fight alongside Nelen Exil's allies within the Voth military.

I also suspect that the full storyline won't just be Borg-centric.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited August 2014
    I hope that when the Borg assimilate some Voth, they'll learn how not to suck so much. Well geared player ships can obliterate multiple cubes with a single alpha-strike at the moment. That's just sad for the Borg.

Isn't the strength of the Borg to be able to adapt to any situation? They seem to have forgotten how to do this for a few decades... feels like we're still fighting TNG-era Borgs.
    I AM WAR.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    I hope that when the Borg assimilate some Voth, they'll learn how not to suck so much. Well geared player ships can obliterate multiple cubes with a single alpha-strike at the moment. That's just sad for the Borg.

Isn't the strength of the Borg to be able to adapt to any situation? They seem to have forgotten how to do this for a few decades... feels like we're still fighting TNG-era Borgs.

To be fair, the Borg have had a few setbacks in those decades.

The loss of three Queens, the loss of Unimatrix 01, etc.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you pause the trailer during the scenes in the Borg unicomplex location (0:12 seconds), you can see a massive fluidic incursion with tentacles and everything. And then on the opposite side there appears to be a parked Voth fortress ship during two of the shots in the unicomplex (on the right at 0:52 and on the left at 1:07). This looks like some new large Undine ship that gets blown up in the unicomplex at 1:01. So yeah it looks like an all-out brawl between the Voth, Undine, and Borg and we're gonna crash their party.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here I am, mid 40's, and when I saw that Zip Lining scene, all I could think, was great, Now I have to make a new toon, named Eric, and name the Bridge officers, Stan, Kyle, and Kenny.

Seriously, how cool was that trailer.

Stephen
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree on the zip line action. Looks like a sweet expansion on both ship and ground. I need to see the trailer again. :cool:
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you pause the trailer during the scenes in the Borg unicomplex location (0:12 seconds), you can see a massive fluidic incursion with tentacles and everything. And then on the opposite side there appears to be a parked Voth fortress ship during two of the shots in the unicomplex (on the right at 0:52 and on the left at 1:07). This looks like some new large Undine ship that gets blown up in the unicomplex at 1:01. So yeah it looks like an all-out brawl between the Voth, Undine, and Borg and we're gonna crash their party.

That was exactly what I hoped for the entire time.
    Hopefully this trailer didn't get me too excited... but a massive war between the Voth, Undine and Borg... that's just epic.

The entire Delta Quadrant on fire pretty much.

I am interested in how the Vaadwaur as a new bad guy fit into this. Are they just using the chaos to gain a new foothold (under the Iconian's guidance of course), or are they even bigger a threat then the Borg-Voth-Undine war somehow?

Btw, who are the Voth fighting during 0:08 - 0:09?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • suranyilaszlosuranyilaszlo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think, one of the main players in Delta Raising will be the "dragontheets" (I dont remember the name of the race, only the name of the episode about this hibernated super soliders). I hope, we will see the Elessian Sisterhood amazons from the voyager comixs (http://www.startrekcomics.info/marvel2voy.html) :).
    I dunno if this speculation warrants spoilers so ill say it just in case. Potential SPOILERS ahead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7KnpmyHEsc&feature=youtu.be DR teaser.

To understand what I'm banging on about you need to have seen the Voth rep tier cutscenes. Basically the Voth are fighting an unknown foe who are in equal power to the Voth. This war has boiled down into a stalemate. The technology the Sphere has could provide the means for the Voth to finally defeat their foe or at least confine them to their own section of the galaxy by wiping out subspace using the Omega particles.

Who are the Voth fighting? The Borg. In Delta Rising we are going to go from a minor skirmish between the Voth and the Alpha Quadrant in the Sphere battlezone to the frontlines in Delta Rising.

The poopy poo is about to hit the fan and were all going to get a ringside seat in a quadrant wide war. All these other species will have their own adventures and stories etc but the big overall arc i suspect is the huge conflict between the biggest guys on the block. The whole quadrant will be one big adventure zone i suspect.

This is gonna be huge! :eek: :D
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2014
    Iconians ... sorry to spoil the surprise!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Assimilated Borg Dinosaurs With Lasers.....

:eek: May the Sisko help us, else we are DOOOOOOOOOOOMED!
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, we finally get clarification of the Voth-Borg conflict, though I was surprised the Unimatrix was in Fludic Space. And given the Liberated Borg Fed shaking hands with a Liberated Borg Romulan, makes me think that its storyline. But I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up as a Tier 6 STF.

I think, one of the main players in Delta Raising will be the "dragontheets" (I dont remember the name of the race, only the name of the episode about this hibernated super soliders). I hope, we will see the Elessian Sisterhood amazons from the voyager comixs (http://www.startrekcomics.info/marvel2voy.html) :).

Sorry, but they can't due to legal issues. They only pull from canon and approved sources from the novels.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think it's a safe bet that the Voth are fighting the Borg, and that we'll be able to fight alongside Nelen Exil's allies within the Voth military.

I also suspect that the full storyline won't just be Borg-centric.

that person in the romulan engine core may have something to do with the storyline since its apparent this one shows up a few times in the teaser, besides typical cryptic game bad guy is always half a meter taller then you usually get anyways.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm most intrigued by the Borg Cooperative stuff.

I'd almost like to see the Cooperative become a bigger threat than the Collective in the game.

It kinda fits the pattern of history where, at first, it seems like the simple solution is to arm rebels against some kind of cold, unfeeling, and brutal state. But then we wind up dealing with hot blooded extremists with heavy firepower.

If you can get past that feeling you had when you were twelve and you thought the Collective was "cool", I think there's more room to take things forward in a radical way with the Cooperative.

Does the Co-op place restrictions on free will? Do they assimilate forces to gather firepower against the Collective? Are they willing to become as bad as the Collective to fight the Collective?

I see these as Star Trek worthy questions.

And, in general, I'd rather see a lame or lukewarm concept elevated to greatness (which I think could be argued was done with the Ferengi, the Cardassians, the Bajorans, and the Hirogen) than see a great concept constantly stuck in an endless repeat loop to stay great. Which is where I think Trek tended to go with Vulcans, Klingons, and Borg Collective. Great core concepts but if you tried to change or evolve them at all, it usually fell flat or created backlash.

Give me a legitimately scary Talaxian rogue threat or raise big questions with the Borg Cooperative. Play up the minor races of the Dominion rather than give us another Jem'Hadar encounter. I'd take that any day over a "greatest hits" mix of established enemies.
  • derkojote1derkojote1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In the first episode of the second season (The 37s) we fiend out there is a thriving Human civilization in the Delta quadrant. Upon gaining a solid foot hold in the Delta quadrant Id think every effert would be made to astablish permanent open relations with them.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Let's just hope that one of the "villains" wins a major battle in this storyline, otherwise it gets a bit boring. The Borg and Undine have practically already lost all teeth in gameplay, at least give them something in the story to make up for it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And Im sure that the Iconians will be involved in some way shape or form in the upcoming storyline as they appear to have declare war on the Alpha Quadrant.